Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for servers with (integrated) GPU available
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for servers with (integrated) GPU available

Hello,

I'm currently looking for servers that have some form of GPU available, it doesn't need to be powerful, but needs to support at least DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL >= 3.2.

The best offers seems to be a Hetzner auction server with:

• i7 3770 (Intel HD 4000 iGPU)
  • 16 GB Ram
  • 2x3 TB HDD
  • 20 TB on 1 Gbps

That would be for 32€/Month. Budget is 35€/month.

I'm trying to find out if there is anything better for that budget. It doesn't need to be server hardware and have at least 5 TB of traffic and 1 TB HDD. Should be in the EU.

This seems hard to beat, but if anybody happens to know a provider that has cheap offers for i7 3000 series (Xeon E3-12X5v2 with HT) or newer please let me know!

Comments

• dailydaily Member

Why don't you actually read the OP next time you wanna post?

Thanked by 1Termiet
  • @dailymc said:

Man take easy, I just want help you...

• dailydaily Member
    edited June 2016

@mtsbatalha said:

@dailymc said:

You don't even know who the OP is, incredible. Get lost.

• RodneyRodney Member

Yeah, thanks...

Little Update: I've found SeFlow but it's an i5 and only has 500 GB HDD and 100 Mbps.

• rokokrokok Member

Webtropia?

• RodneyRodney Member

@rokok said:
    Webtropia?

I'm actually currently using one of their i7 servers atm (25€ first month - 20€ one time discount = 5€ for one month) but it's 50€ after that so over budget.

Also the machine runs pretty hot (80-90°C at 50-70% load).

• I have that one at Hetzner for 30,50 euro, some have it for 28 euro. You could wait a bit :)
    I take it you're inside the eu? Else you won't have to pay VAT at Hetzner.

• RodneyRodney Member
    edited June 2016

Well, looks like I'm going to go with Hetzner.

I still have some time left on my current server, if I find something better in the mean time I'll update this thread for anybody else that's curious.

For now I have evaluated:

• Hetzner auctions - 32-33€ for an i7 3770, 2x3TB HDD
    • Hetzner normal - 49€ for an i7 4770 (no setup) 2x2TB HDD or 46€ for an i7 6700 (but 94€ setup), 2x4 TB HDD
    • Worldstream - 39€ (46€ with vat) for a Xeon E3 1276v3, 1x500GB HDD and only 100 Mbps without upgrades, also setup cost
    • SeFlow - 39€ (35€ with vat) for an i5 4570/34€ (40€ with vat) for an i7 4770, 1x500GB HDD and only 100 Mbps without upgrades
    • Webtropia - 50€ for i7 4790K, 2 Drives, 2x1TB HDD, 2x250GB SSD or mixed and 1 Gbps but mediocre service
    • Server4you - 40€ for i7 6700K, 2x2TB HDD, but setup cost and (very) bad reputation
    • Servdiscount - 40€ for an i7 3770, 2x2TB HDD, same issues as webtropia

Hetzner auctions seem like the best choice for my budget. SeFlow is interesting (better CPU/GPU) but the small HDD is a deal breaker.

Edit: added vat to prices that didn't include it (worldstream/seflow). All prices are rounded to the nearest full number for the sake of simplicity.

• @Rodney said:

If you need 1TB HDD and want order to please order with 500gb HDD then mail me directly to matteob [at] seflow.net i will give you free 1TB HDD upgrade.

As we have some i5 4570 avaiable, please consider that:

i5 4570
    16gb ram
    1tb hdd
    20tb on 100mbps
    monthly: €29 + vat (vat if needed).

Mail me directly to matteob [at] seflow.net if you're interested in that promotion

Regards

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • RodneyRodney Member

@matteob said:
    €29 + vat (vat if needed).

Ah I didn't realize the prices didn't include VAT, my bad. With german vat it would be around 35€. I made the same mistake with worldstream. I'll correct my post.

• webtropia has some real cheap servers, what kind of service problems one can expect ?

• @daily said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@dailymc said:

You don't even know who the OP is, incredible. Get lost.

Ah that made me laugh more than expected :D

• StrikerrStrikerr Member
    edited June 2016

How about lowend AMD APU servers? Directx 11, Opengl 4.0
    https://www.digicube.fr/rapidserveurs

AMD Zacate E350 à 2x1,6Ghz
    AMD Dual-Core Processor E350/E350D à 2x1,6Ghz
    Puissance : 762 (Src:cpubenchmark) 
    Mémoire : 8 Go (DDRIII) 
    2 disques 1 To (SATAIII) / 1 To (SATAIII)  
    à partir de
    15,99 € HT/mois  

OR
    https://servdiscount.com/en.html
    AMD Opteron X2150 with APU,8GB,32GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    €17.99 / Month

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Is there money in botting? If so, is it really worth it :)

• RodneyRodney Member
    edited June 2016

@slicebox said:
    webtropia has some real cheap servers, what kind of service problems one can expect ?

For example my current machine there is getting a bit too hot (~80-90°C at 60-70% load) and throttling.

I had 4 different servers with them during the last 12 months for different projects and purposes and had issues like failed hard drives and the network being pretty unstable (which is something a lot of people mention with them).

The main reason I got servers from them is because of discounts (Currently 25€ first month - 20€ coupon = 5€ i7 for a month, or a servdiscount 19.90€ server - 20€ discount = free server for a month :P).

@Strikerr said:
    How about lowend AMD APU servers? Directx 11, Opengl 4.0

The problem with AMD APUs is that they are shit. They do not nearly have enough power for what I'm doing. Even if the GPU might be on par or better than Intel iGPUs.

@pbgben said:
    Is there money in botting? If so, is it really worth it :)

I honestly have no idea. That's not what the server is for though. I explained one of the things I'm actually doing and playing around with in this post.