Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedidirect.com page suspended ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedidirect.com page suspended ?

HWAYSHWAYS Member
edited June 2016 in General

Just wanted to pay my dedicated invoice to dedidirect.com and seen my provider page suspended. LOL

It isnt easy to accept such situation ....
Am I drunk ? Is it a wrong domain ?
WTF?

PS: Many wrote over here not to use them. I told myself to give them a chance ...

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Is your dedi online?

• HWAYSHWAYS Member
    edited June 2016

yes, it is online.

• @HWAYS said:
    yes, it is online.

Take a backup and run.

Thanked by 3HWAYS emre22 TriDoxiuM
  • How long have they been in business?

• They're back.

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • AmitzAmitz Member

The site loads fine on my end - Maybe just a glitch?

• rokokrokok Member

Who?

Thanked by 2ehab ATHK
  • HWAYSHWAYS Member

Yes, it was few minutes glitch... uncomfortable enough ...

• AmitzAmitz Member

HWAYS said: Yes, it was few minutes glitch... uncomfortable enough ...

I agree... Maybe you should ask them about the reason while taking backups...

• @Amitz said:

HWAYS said: Yes, it was few minutes glitch... uncomfortable enough ...

I agree... Maybe you should ask them about the reason while taking backups...

And while you are at it ask them why they are hosting their main site on a shared HostGator account...

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

zafouhar said: And while you are at it ask them why they are hosting their main site on a shared HostGator account...

Good question. Was afraid to verify :)

• @Amitz said:
    The site loads fine on my end - Maybe just a glitch?

It was just a misunderstanding

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • HWAYSHWAYS Member

IThinkUFailed said: It was just a misunderstanding

No, it wasnt. somebody suspended their account. Simple like that.

• DediDirectDediDirect Member
    edited June 2016

Hi there, the website has been hosted on HostGator since 2007-2009 and we never had a need to move it. The reason why we chose HostGator was they offered DDoS protection back then when barely anyone offered it. We prefer to have the website hosted outside of our datacenters.

How did we drop the ball? It seems a little funny but I overlooked the invoice e-mail due to receiving so many e-mails. It was suspended for perhaps less then an hour. I apologize for any inconvenience and have rectified the issue by creating a subscription. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me :)

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • @DediDirect said:
    Hi there, the website has been hosted on HostGator since 2007-2009 and we never had a need to move it. The reason why we chose HostGator was they offered DDoS protection back then when barely anyone offered it. We prefer to have the website hosted outside of our datacenters.

How did we drop the ball? It seems a little funny but I overlooked the invoice e-mail due to receiving so many e-mails. It was suspended for perhaps less then an hour. I apologize for any inconvenience and have rectified the issue by creating a subscription. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me :)

Honestly I would NEVER, and yes that is a never with capital letters trust a host with my data that is hosting their main site on a shared hosting account.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • We've never had issues since 2009, however it'll likely be moved to our cloud services we're creating soon.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Looks like returned to you for new horizons :)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

How can L5420 be combined with DDR3 Ram ?? O.o @DediDirect You made a New Generation between DDR2 Ram Supported Processor & DDR3 Ram ??

Thanked by 2zafouhar Junkless
  • @zafouhar said:
    Honestly I would NEVER, and yes that is a never with capital letters trust a host with my data that is hosting their main site on a shared hosting account.

Why not ? Any particular reason ?

• @Junkless said:

@zafouhar said:

Probably due to security

• ATHKATHK Member

@zafouhar said:

I don't see how you can jusge a provider just off that.. He clearly stated the reason for doing so and that was DDOS protection at the time.

Why try and fix what's not broken?

• @zafouhar said:

@Junkless said:

@zafouhar said:

Probably due to security

Err...can you explain ? Are you saying shared hosting is not secure enough to host sites ?

• @Junkless said:

@zafouhar said:

@Junkless said:

@zafouhar said:

Probably due to security

Err...can you explain ? Are you saying shared hosting is not secure enough to host sites ?

So you would trust your credit card data to a provider hosting their main site on a shared host?

• @zafouhar said:
    So you would trust your credit card data to a provider hosting their main site on a shared host?

Why not (provided that the shared host is reliable and competent)? Shared hosting servers usually have more security protocols (again, from decent providers) than many managed VPS. With cloudlinux and cagefs, your account will be isolated from the neighbors anyway.

Also, I use paypal :P