Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for really low end but not scam in eu / germany / russia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for really low end but not scam in eu / germany / russia

driverdotimdriverdotim Member
edited March 2013 in General

Considering iperweb 384 plan. Don't expect to use much bandwidth. Don't see many russia vps. I'm familiar with linux. This would be my first vps , but I have free ec2 experience. Can deal with ubuntu or debian, prefer arch but xen / kvm is usally more expensive. Can I get some idea of what transfer rates would be between U.S. cities? Will this be ok? Any that bill monthly so I'm more safe from scam? Other recommendations?

Comments

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited March 2013

Iperweb's famous sister site, a.k.a. prometeus? They do monthlies.

• We have OpenVZ and KVM In Dusseldorf. Please feel free to PM me or contact us at [email protected] for further info.

• What your price?

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

What's your budget?

• @DalComp said: Iperweb's famous sister site, a.k.a. prometeus? They do monthlies.

Actually Prometeus is the parent company...

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited March 2013

@BronzeByte said: Actually Prometeus is the parent company...

Oh yup, I guess that's the proper term. It didn't come up my brain at the time I replied earlier.

• AndreAndre Member
    edited March 2013

low end but not scam

Specifying that you will not be using this with malicious intent without being asked makes it appear as if you will.

• @Andre said: Specifying that you will not be using this with malicious intent without being asked makes it appear as if you will.

I guess he means no scammer hosts, instead of telling he isn't a scammer. I think he is referring to deadpoolers

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@Andre said: Specifying that you will not be using this with malicious intent without being asked makes it appear as if you will.

This is hilarious, I guess English is not your first, and not even your second language?
    IOW what @BronzeByte said, amazing how you even could misunderstand in such a wicked way.

• ok signed up and paid for iperweb, awaiting account setup....

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2013

You willnot regret your decision! Prometeus/Iperweb is awesome!

• pretty happy, although I am getting 2-3 MB/s to an ec2 server in Virginia, and much less to DSL connection. Also I wonder what it would cost to get some more disk space....