Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the best qwerty keyboard android phone for ssh(connectbot)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

the best qwerty keyboard android phone for ssh(connectbot)?

webflierwebflier Member
edited March 2013 in General

Do you guys know who is the most powerful and user-friendly qwerty android phone now?
I am using a 2 year old samsung sidekick 4g. It is kinda slow and the screen is relatively small(3.5).
I am going to buy a new one. any suggestions?
I am stick with qwerty keyboard is because I think physical keyboard is more productive when using termial/ssh/connectbot.

Comments

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2013

There really aren't any good phones (Android or otherwise) with physical keyboards anymore. The Photon Q (on Sprint) is the best by far -- yet it's a mediocre device overall with a low-resolution screen, minimal storage, and a cruddy camera. You'd be much better off getting a good phone with a nice big screen and installing something like Hacker's Keyboard (which is partly made for connectbot, incidentally).

• I have an Xperia Pro MK16, however it's rather old now...

• You can get a cheap bluetooth keyboard from dx.com and use whatever android phone you want with it.

• daviddavid Member

The Nokia E7 has a really nice slide out qwerty keyboard and excellent build quality, but it's not Android.

• @Dylan, your suggestion sounds interesting. I never know there is a keyboard app designed for hackers. Thanks.

• RyanDRyanD Member

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note II with the Hacker's Keyboard. It's great.

Huge screen and pleanty of space to work / type.