Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best location for Cincinnati?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best location for Cincinnati?

jamespeachjamespeach Member
edited June 2016 in Providers

As far as I know, there are zero budget providers in Cincinnati. I know there are many data centers in Cincinnati, they just all seem to be for big corporations, not for the little guys. Whats the next best location then? I know of Atlanta, Chicago and Washington DC, but they aren't really that close. Anything within 200 miles or less?

Comments

• RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep

I believe IO operates a data center in Dayton, OH

• @RadWebHosting said:

That would be great, however who/what is IO? and are they lowend friendly pricing?

• Virtual Rocket (vrocket.io) has VPS in Columbus, OH. Currently we are using them and it's fine.

• I am not sure if you are looking for VPS or colo but wanted to drop in some feedback. I have a client in Dayton and we found that many of the ISPs there actually route via Cinci or Columbus and we were seeing better ping and traces to Chicago and Atlanta to end users. If you are looking for colo you might want to look at providers in Columbus. The last time I looked there were a number of lower cost ones in Columbus with better peering.

Oh, IO is io.com

• @XIAOSpider97 said:
    Virtual Rocket (vrocket.io) has VPS in Columbus, OH. Currently we are using them and it's fine.

That seems to be near perfect! Do you know if they have any reoccurring promo codes?

• @MisterG said:
    I am not sure if you are looking for VPS or colo but wanted to drop in some feedback. I have a client in Dayton and we found that many of the ISPs there actually route via Cinci or Columbus and we were seeing better ping and traces to Chicago and Atlanta to end users. If you are looking for colo you might want to look at providers in Columbus. The last time I looked there were a number of lower cost ones in Columbus with better peering.

Oh, IO is io.com

Looking for VPS, still even if traffic is routed weirdly, still might be worth looking into. Do you know of any VPS resellers that use them?

• The only one I have listed was logicweb but just glanced at their website and it did not show Dayton but they are at an io.com datacenter. You might reach out to them. I have never used them.

• I see nothing wrong with where it is right now. Ohio is fine.

• @globalRegisters said:
    I see nothing wrong with where it is right now. Ohio is fine.

Nah, its too close to Indiana and Kentucky, I think it should switch to either one of those. Ohio already has enough big cities.

• @jamespeach said:

@globalRegisters said:
    I see nothing wrong with where it is right now. Ohio is fine.

Nah, its too close to Indiana and Kentucky, I think it should switch to either one of those. Ohio already has enough big cities.

You convinced me, I think a switch is in order. ;)

• RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

@jamespeach said:

@RadWebHosting said:

That would be great, however who/what is IO? and are they lowend friendly pricing?

No, they're an actual data center company. Pardon the confusion :)

• @RadWebHosting said:

@jamespeach said:

@RadWebHosting said:

No, they're an actual data center company. Pardon the confusion :)

Do you know anyone that uses them to sell VPSes?

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

+1 for vRocket.io, used them for a good while when I had a few friends in OH needing a VPN.

• @LordSpock said:
    +1 for vRocket.io, used them for a good while when I had a few friends in OH needing a VPN.

Do they have an account on LET?

@jamespeach said:

@LordSpock said:

They do - @vRocket_io

• @LordSpock said:

@jamespeach said:

@LordSpock said:

They do - @vRocket_io

I was going to buy from them, but I emailed them a question last week without response, and they don't appear to be active on LET at all. I don't want to buy from a company that has no human interaction.

• Hi @jamespeach ... We do exist here too, though do not really interact w/ h00manz often. :)

As it says on our site - we're DIY company. We'll do everything to make sure infrastructure is up, but when it comes to any kind of support (and at times, even replying to 100's of weekly emails that come in asking if we offer say Ipv6 or this or that) - we kind of just ignore those. That translates in less overhead and lower price for VPS.

Sorry your email was cough in that mental filter, but if VPS is what you're looking for, and you care about speed and reliability (and not just someone to talk to) - you'll absolutely love it :)

Thanks!

Petar
    // vRocket.io Commander

• Hi @jamespeach ... We do exist here too, though do not really interact w/ h00manz often. :)

As it says on our site - we're DIY company. We'll do everything to make sure infrastructure is up, but when it comes to any kind of support (and at times, even replying to 100's of weekly emails that come in asking if we offer say Ipv6 or this or that) - we kind of just ignore those. That translates in less overhead and lower price for VPS.

Sorry your email was cough in that mental filter, but if VPS is what you're looking for, and you care about speed and reliability (and not just someone to talk to) - you'll absolutely love it :)

Thanks!

Petar
    // vRocket.io Commander

@vRocket_io said:
    Hi @jamespeach ... We do exist here too, though do not really interact w/ h00manz often. :)

Thanks!

Petar
    // vRocket.io Commander

Double post lads?

• @LordSpock said:
    Mysql issue on the site. Then it went through.

Thanked by 1LordSpock