Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any hostGator Alternatives for ResellerHosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any hostGator Alternatives for ResellerHosting?

I have around 40 accounts (clients) which I am hosting with HostGator (bronze package i think). Overall, the service is OK. But, support response times are deteriorating every time. So I am looking for a new provider...

I am looking for alternatives for cPANEL WHM reseller hosting...
a. with SSH access
b. Managed backup (if available)
c. SSL
d. WHMCS license

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• I can do something similar with the SSH access, SSL and WHMCS license, pm me

• EricBEricB Member

Maybe BuyShared? @Francisco

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@plumberg We can do this. Sent you a pm

• Kyn_DHKyn_DH Member

+1 for buyshared, you may touch @Francisco with all you need...

• dailydaily Member
    edited June 2016

@Kyn_DH said:

He might get a little tired of people not respecting his personal space after a while.

• Kyn_DHKyn_DH Member

@dailymc said:
    He might get a little tired of people not respecting his personal space after a while.

he always get many of respect from everyone in his node and happy with their services, Including me for sure.

• dailydaily Member

@Kyn_DH said:

@dailymc said:

he always get many of respect from everyone in his node and happy with their services, Including me for sure.

Was a joke, might have gotten lost in language barrier. :P +1 for @Francisco's services as well.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • seenuseenu Member

why not webhostingbuzz?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@seenu said:
    why not webhostingbuzz?

Who?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Practically every shared host in existence does reseller hosting.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @ricardo said:
    Practically every shared host in existence does reseller hosting.

I see. But any suggestions welcome with good support welcome...

• plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited June 2016

@Kyn_DH said:
    @EricB said:
    Maybe BuyShared? @Francisco

Thanks Will reach out.

• I'm not going to offer a specific recommendation, but am wondering, why do you need support? For a good host, you won't need to contact them about anything, and they'll contact you if there's an issue from their end.

• seenuseenu Member
    edited June 2016

@jarland said:

@seenu said:
    why not webhostingbuzz?

Who?

webhostingbuzz.com

@seenu said:

@jarland said:

@seenu said:
    why not webhostingbuzz?

Who?

webhostingbuzz.com

Who?

Thanked by 3ATHK raindog308 adxn
  • @ricardo said:
    I'm not going to offer a specific recommendation, but am wondering, why do you need support? For a good host, you won't need to contact them about anything, and they'll contact you if there's an issue from their end.

So recently, with hostgator, I have trouble with generating full cPanel account backups. 13 bytes files being generated for a few accounts in their home directory instead of the full backup. The chat support asked me to raise a ticket. I did. 24hours and no reply. After that, I somehow managed to get it escalated. Ticket support replied. 15 conversations and they are not able to figureout / extract cpanel logs to identify why full backups failed.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • I see and understand. The guru in me says don't rely on the hosting provider's framework for backups, but I get why you want to change.

• @ricardo said:
    I see and understand. The guru in me says don't rely on the hosting provider's framework for backups, but I get why you want to change.

Totally, I believe in having my own offline backups. But, If I am unable to create them, its a concern for me and I expect the host to help me with troubleshooting where my script is either bad or something is down at their end (which is acceptable).

• ATHKATHK Member

I don't want to deter from switching hosts at all but have you tried running the backup command in SSH ?

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/how-to-make-full-backups-for-all-my-cpanel-accounts-from-ssh.506661/ - Last post might be helpful.

Atleast then you'll have a recent backup of the accounts :)

• As always, I recommend Smart Hosting. They are based in the UK and offer great Web hosting services with a 99.99% uptime guarantee. Support has always been super fast for me! There is a link in my signature which is an affiliate link if you want to help me out. Otherwise, www.bestwebhosting.co.uk

@plumberg said:
    So recently, with hostgator, I have trouble with generating full cPanel account backups. 13 bytes files being generated for a few accounts in their home directory instead of the full backup. The chat support asked me to raise a ticket. I did. 24hours and no reply. After that, I somehow managed to get it escalated. Ticket support replied. 15 conversations and they are not able to figureout / extract cpanel logs to identify why full backups failed.

What? Ask for a real L1 or an L2. It's probably their process killer. User level cpbackup runs as user I believe.

"I don't know" wasn't an acceptable answer when I was there. Hostgator actually has really great support, just really long response times and a lot of barriers to reaching the great support techs.

• @ATHK said:
    I don't want to deter from switching hosts at all but have you tried running the backup command in SSH ?

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/how-to-make-full-backups-for-all-my-cpanel-accounts-from-ssh.506661/ - Last post might be helpful.

Atleast then you'll have a recent backup of the accounts :)

I am a reseller, with no root access. So, this is a no go for me. if someone has something which can allow a reseller to issue a backup command from jailshell, I am more than welcome to try that.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@jarland said:

@plumberg said:

What? Ask for a real L1 or an L2. It's probably their process killer. User level cpbackup runs as user I believe.

"I don't know" wasn't an acceptable answer when I was there. Hostgator actually has really great support, just really long response times and a lot of barriers to reaching the great support techs.

I can agree with that statement, but I've delt with hostgator in the past and I was getting one response per 3-5 days which is awful. Yes, my issue got resolved by a very good tech when it reached him but 3-5 days per response is awful. Maybe things have changed since then, that was months ago

Thanked by 1jar
  • Haven't read all the whole thread but secure dragon has fantastic shared plans. Idk if they do share though.

• dailydaily Member

@Hosting71 said:
    We can give quality service with quick ticket response time with your all requirements just cheap rate. PM me for details.

Who are you? Who is "we"? What company do you represent? Please read the rules.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@plumberg said:
    I have around 40 accounts (clients) which I am hosting with HostGator (bronze package i think). Overall, the service is OK. But, support response times are deteriorating every time. So I am looking for a new provider...

I am looking for alternatives for cPANEL WHM reseller hosting...
    a. with SSH access
    b. Managed backup (if available)
    c. SSL
    d. WHMCS license

Any help appreciated.

We offer daily backup. If your budget is like Hostgator then we can give you a SSH Access, WHMCS license and take backup (You can download backup upon request, no direct access)