Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open source video/ audio chat software?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Open source video/ audio chat software?

Is there a free/ open source software which I can use for video chat? I want to:
a. install it on my server
b. save videos/ audio on local server
c. IOS/ Android client available

Easy to setup is a Plus.

Comments

• omingle software is great for video chating in mobile you can use viber it is free for video calling and for audio use whatapp

• PandyPandy Member
    edited June 2016

https://jitsi.org/ is the closest thing i know

which you can install on ur own server and use on video chat/conference.
    idk if you can save videos/audio, and im not sure of the IOS/android clients either. but i guess you could check it out and see if it works

//Apparently other programs ("ChatSecure for example") can 'connect'? to the jitsi too, but you need to look more into that

• @master2050 said:
    omingle software is great for video chating in mobile you can use viber it is free for video calling and for audio use whatapp

Thanks. But, I am looking for some software to self-host a software which can provide a similar functionality.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016

@master2050 said:
    omingle software is great for video chating in mobile you can use viber it is free for video calling and for audio use whatapp

Its a open source software and also not a IRC?

Do you know how much resource is used by it?

• NomadNomad Member

How about rocket.chat?