Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcing ReDonate: Recurring contributions done right.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcing ReDonate: Recurring contributions done right.

joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2013 in General

Since there are quite a few people here that accept donations for things, I thought I might as well post it here (partially):

I’m happy to announce the launch of ReDonate, the only 100% voluntary recurring donations service.

ReDonate allows you to receive monthly donations from fans or users, without locking them in to a subscription, and without any automatic charges whatsoever! There are no restrictions on what payment processors or payment methods you can support, either.

So, how does it work?

When you subscribe to a ReDonate campaign, you indicate how much you wish to donate to the campaign per month. Every month, you will receive an e-mail reminding you of your pledge, including donation links for various payment methods that let you donate straight away. None of your accounts are ever automatically charged, you are completely in charge of whether you wish to keep donating or not!

You can unsubscribe from a ReDonate campaign at any time, for any reason, without any kind of penalty. Just click the unsubscribe link in any of the e-mails we send you, confirm your unsubscription, and you’re done! No more “whoops, forgot to cancel” moments.

Continued at http://joepie91.wordpress.com/2013/03/03/announcing-redonate-recurring-contributions-done-right/ :)

The site can be found at http://redonate.net/.

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

Looks nice, very nice! :-)

• We highly recommend this, thank you joepie91 for coming up with an amazing tool for collecting donations.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Yay Joe, looks fantastic.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nice one joepie91 keep us updated on how it goes :)

• IshaqIshaq Member

Very nice, good job.

• Great concept and well executed. It would be great if the individual campaign pages had logos and customised descriptions.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Ellimist said: Great concept and well executed. It would be great if the individual campaign pages had logos and customised descriptions.

I'm working on finding a proper way to allow more customizations... one of the primary things I'm thinking of is 'header images', much like Twitter/Facebook do. That would allow customization of the page without looking too out of place/design.

The descriptions are something I'm a bit stuck with - they'd have to be integrated into the page in such a way that they don't "interrupt" or "fall out of style" as compared to the rest of the text on the page.

• Hey @Joepie91

Awesome service! I'll be keeping an eye on this, hope it's a success for you :)

• This will go very well with what I will be offering to the public soon. :)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Love the idea of this project! Really looking forward to trying it out.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Signed up for East Coast VPS contributions.

• tommytommy Member

@Ellimist said: Great concept and well executed. It would be great if the individual campaign pages had logos and customised descriptions.

and maybe use our own domain/sub domain? :)

• Love it! I do volunteer work in the non-profit sector and I can see this being very useful. But....

An "annual" option is needed. If we nagged people for donations every month they'd quickly start ignoring us. Once a year would work nicely.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

@tommy said: and maybe use our own domain/sub domain? :)

I'll definitely be taking that into consideration.

@sleddog said: Love it! I do volunteer work in the non-profit sector and I can see this being very useful. But....

An "annual" option is needed. If we nagged people for donations every month they'd quickly start ignoring us. Once a year would work nicely.

I'm planning on eventually including a yearly option, but I've kept it to monthly at first for the sake of simplicity. Not sure when yearly will be added.

• EllimistEllimist Member
    edited March 2013

@sleddog said: An "annual" option is needed. If we nagged people for donations every month they'd quickly start ignoring us. Once a year would work nicely.

I second this idea. Additionally you could also keep provisions for bi-annual and quarterly payments and the campaign owner could select one or many of these options based on suitability.