Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offloaded SQL Beta / Burn In
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Offloaded SQL Beta / Burn In

Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
edited March 2013 in General

Hello,

I am looking for a few people, about 15 , to test our new offloaded SQL service. I wanted to make sure it can take a heavy load before I fully launch it.

Service will normally be a $1 p/m product, however each beta tester will have it free for life. You do not need to be a current Fliphost customer. Offloaded SQL is located in Dallas Tx.

SignUp Link: https://sales.fliphost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=97

I want to see how much the setup can take so feel free to hit it hard, SQL wise that is. Please submit any feedback publicly here or via pm or ticket.

Side-note: cPanel is in trial mode until the service is fully ready, before someone mention it. It will be licensed when launched.

Thank you.

Comments

• Will give it a try.

• MunMun Member

Would a 2.5 gig stats database be okay? http://stats.gaming-servers.net/hlstats.php it is already being hosted on your SSD plans.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Mun go right ahead

• MunMun Member

@Fliphost said: @Mun go right ahead

Also will you mind if remote hosts connect to it, that are outside of fliphost. My main webserver handles the front end.

• Jumped on board.

Well already had my first problem whmcs can't resolve the hostname. Good thing for beta eh? Will manually setup each once resolved.

• Just picked one up and waiting for the confirmation email. It is managed through CPanel, right?

All those that ordered should be activated now. If I missed you by some chance let me know

@alterarch unless I find something better yes

• @Fliphost said: All those that ordered should be activated now. If I missed you by some chance let me know

I don't think mine was activated.

• MunMun Member

The max upload size for phpmyadmin is 50Mib, yet my database is 2.5 Gib. Mind either adding it for me, or something else?

• @Mun said: The max upload size for phpmyadmin is 50Mib, yet my database is 2.5 Gib. Mind either adding it for me, or something else?

Jeez, That's big, split it up in multiple files I guess?

@Mun I have increased it to the maximum cPanel allows

• MunMun Member

@Fliphost said: @Mun I have increased it to the maximum cPanel allows

alright, if you want I can either send a link of the db or leave a sql'd version on my vps that you can grab. If that would make it easier on you.

• Master master setup?

• @bdtech said: Master master setup?

It's cPanel, so I guess no

• @Mun said: alright, if you want I can either send a link of the db or leave a sql'd version on my vps that you can grab. If that would make it easier on you.

If you don't have it installed already install mysql-client on a server with the database.

Login to the fliphost offloaded mysql cpanel and go to remote mySQL and add the server's IP that has the database on.

on the server: mysql -h X.X.X.X -u cpaneluser_sqluser -pPASSWORD cpaneluser_sqldatabase < database.sql

I'm not sure if it will timeout if it is too large but I assume it shouldn't take that long since it's in the same DC on 1Gbps connects?

Don't forget to replace X.X.X.X with the mysql IP in the confirmation email you got, and you will need to create a user and database then give user rights to said database.

• MunMun Member

@mojeda said: If you don't have it installed already install mysql-client on a server with the database.

Login to the fliphost offloaded mysql cpanel and go to remote mySQL and add the server's IP that has the database on.

on the server: mysql -h X.X.X.X -u cpaneluser_sqluser -pPASSWORD cpaneluser_sqldatabase < database.sql

I'm not sure if it will timeout if it is too large but I assume it shouldn't take that long since it's in the same DC on 1Gbps connects?

Don't forget to replace X.X.X.X with the mysql IP in the confirmation email you got, and you will need to create a user and database then give user rights to said database.

Thanks, doing that now.

Never knew you could do that.

• Just signed up mine, good to have another spot to leave MySQL running.

• I tried to sign up but couldn't determine what my Fliphost password was, and didn't think it was a good idea to create another account

@Damian pm me your email and ill add it for you

• MunMun Member

What are the specs of the server if I may ask.

Also it is up and running and working like a charm for http://stats.gaming-servers.net/hlstats.php if people feel like browsing around it.

• @Fliphost thank you!

since i am your customer only for offloaded mysql (for free) for now, do you intend to apply any limitations to such an account ?

also, how regularly the database gets backup during beta and post beta ?

@vanarp No restrictions . Just similar to buyvm 's "don't be a dick" policy.

As of now they are not backed up in beta. They however when fully launched. I have not decided how often yet.

• @Fliphost appreciate your clarification.

i think you are one step ahead of buyvm's “don't be a jerk” policy ;)

• MunMun Member

It would be nice to be able to set the timezone via phpmyadmin, but I think you as an admin might have to do that.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited March 2013

@Fliphost I have been waiting for almost a day and still has not received the login details, any chance you can take a look at it? I have PMed you my order number, thanks!

EDIT: WOW, this is fast, I got the login now, thanks!

@zhuanyi check your email. It's setup now. I must have missed the pm.

• @Fliphost said: check your email. It's setup now. I must have missed the pm.

Yap, got it, thanks a lot!

• MunMun Member

On the main page the bandwidth monitor doesn't work, and there is some un-needed parts that won't really help any users. It would be nice if they were removed.

However, that damn thing is running great.