Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudLinux support for php 4.4?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudLinux support for php 4.4?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Folks,

Anyone here with CloudLinux can check if there's php 4.4 available in their php selector?

This is due to a client of mine that has a script that only runs in php 4.4 with no errors...
I'm tired of this. Advised the client that our php programmer could rewrite their whole shit for a fee but they do not have budget.

Comments

• RalliasRallias Member

Your client has had what... 10 years? 10 years to deal with their old software.

Also, yes, CL supports 44.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Rallias said:
    Your client has had what... 10 years? 10 years to deal with their old software.

Also, yes, CL supports 44.

Correct. 10 damn years.

Can you recommend me a host with CloudLinux to test this for a day? Other than BuyVM @Francisco's brother Aldryc banned me from their services :P

• RalliasRallias Member

MrGeneral said: Can you recommend me a host with CloudLinux to test this for a day? Other than BuyVM @Francisco's brother Aldryc banned me from their services :P

Why do I get the feeling that was for a reason?

@Rallias said:

MrGeneral said: Can you recommend me a host with CloudLinux to test this for a day? Other than BuyVM @Francisco's brother Aldryc banned me from their services :P

Why do I get the feeling that was for a reason?

Opinions about Frantech and Aldryc got pissed, but that's not what I want to talk about here

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2016

Your issue is that you went on some complainy rant about some extra payment you made. In the end Aldryic refunded your payment and closed your account.

I think I told you in that very same thread to please not be a pain in the butt to your next provider. :)

Francisco

Thanked by 2doghouch Licensecart

@Francisco said:
    Your issue is that you went on some complainy rant about some extra payment you made. In the end Aldryic refunded your payment and closed your account.

I think I told you in that very same thread to please not be a pain in the butt to your next provider. :)

Francisco

I've been a loyal client to many providers. Getting my arse banned from BuyVM doesn't hurt me that much TBH :P. There are many VPS providers and many Shared/Reseller hosting providers. I like you. It's the main factor there. No hard feelings torwards Aldryc.

• RalliasRallias Member

MrGeneral said: but that's not what I want to talk about here

You brought it up.

@Rallias said:

You brought it up.

Usually, the first suggestion is BuyVM (I've recommended BuyVM a numerous of times too), so I had to mention that BuyVM isn't an option, and inquired for another option.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited May 2016
  • Go for afreecloud, $3.65 a year will get you on buyshared without Aldyric.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

MrGeneral said: Anyone here with CloudLinux can check if there's php 4.4 available in their php selector?

Have php4.4 on CL7, but only in Charlotte

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Go for afreecloud, $3.65 a year will get you on buyshared without Aldyric.

Will check, thank you so much!

@miTgiB said:

MrGeneral said: Anyone here with CloudLinux can check if there's php 4.4 available in their php selector?

Have php4.4 on CL7, but only in Charlotte

What are your packages?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2016

@MrGeneral said:

@Rallias said:

You brought it up.

Usually, the first suggestion is BuyVM (I've recommended BuyVM a numerous of times too), so I had to mention that BuyVM isn't an option, and inquired for another option.

You can try to bribe Aldryic with some hard liquor and a truck load of vodka :)

@doghouch said:

@MrGeneral said:

@Rallias said:

You brought it up.

You can try to bribe Aldryic with some hard liquor and a truck load of vodka :)

Already emailed him, he didn't reply, so, I moved on :P

I just got the app running but will check your packages since I need to run a few more tests. Thank you for your help! :-)

• php 4.4 is outdated. Vulnerable.

Why not looking for php v5, v6?