Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN.SH Outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN.SH Outage

Is VPN.sh's authentication mechanism down for others too? Its impossible to use any VPN services at the moment.

Comments

• RizRiz Member

VPN.sh has been dead for years now.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, when I had a Account with them, half of the server were offline.

Seems to be normal.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2016

I'm more surprised this is the first mention of problems at VPN.sh is so many months!

Thanked by 4Nyr netomx ricardo Pwner
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

For 1>5Gbp per year no need care much about quality

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    I'm more surprised this is the first mention of problems at VPN.sh is so many months!

Its has evolved from Johnny Nugets.

• GunterGunter Member

It was acceptable service until now, honestly. Half the servers were down but I didn't care.

But now everything is down.

• WHTWHT Member

When was up lol? It was everytime i tried down.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • GunterGunter Member

WHT said: When was up lol? It was everytime i tried down.

You just had to rotate servers every now and then. It was mostly up till yesterday, presuming their FreeRADIUS dropped like a bird.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Got this email about transfer to pay per month mode? Still not follow the mention.. From £2,50 per year to £2,50 per month?

VPN.sh Service Changes

Dear

We aim to provide you with a high quality VPN service, and to provide a higher quality of service, we've made the decision to make some changes to your package and billing plan.

You're currently on a 150GB/year plan, meaning that you're able to use up to 150GB of bandwidth with us throughout the year. We're transitioning you on to an unlimited bandwidth plan, paid monthly rather than yearly. Unfortunately this will come at an increased cost to your current package, however we're keen to keep you on as a client, and will provide you with a discount which keeps our service at a lower cost than our competitors.

When your service is due for renewal, you'll receive your first invoice on the new unlimited bandwidth monthly plan. This shall be priced at £2.50/month, which is a significant discount compared to new clients, and undercuts the vast majority of other VPN providers. We're ensuring that you still get great value for money, whilst we can increase the quality of our service.

If you do not wish to renew once we move to the monthly pricing structure, please login to the My Services section of our client area. Click the name of your service, and you should be able to see a red "Request Cancellation" button, where you can then cancel your service. Be sure to set the cancellation type to "End of Billing Period" to ensure that you can continue using your service until it expires.

If you have any questions, please open a support ticket.

Regards,
    VPN.sh Team

NOTE: If you have multiple yearly services with us, this shall apply to all of those services

• I have been using their service for few months, got for 1 GBP. Their service status can be seen here: vpnshserver.com/ips.php.

I think the downtime is reasonable considering the price we paid for it.

• I'm surprised they're even still around. Their service was down the entire time (literally not a single server worked) and their founder always either AWOL or making up excuses left and right about why things were broken. Better off investing in a VPS and setting up your own VPN.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • EobbleEobble Member

Genius, get people to sign up for $2 a year and then change them to $2 a month later!

• souensouen Member
    edited June 2016

My experience with the service was mostly fine when it worked, YMMV.

2015-07-14 ordered £1/year 1000GB plan
    2015-08-02 received activation notice but service date was not adjusted
    2015-08-04 connection down 1-2 hours
    2015-08-15 connection down 1-2 hours
    2015-08-19 connection down 2-4 hours
    2015-08-20 connection down 1-2 hours
    2015-09-16 connection down 1-2 hours
    2015-12-25 connection down, still down on the morning of the 29th, back about 10 hours later
    2016-02-09 connection down, also around this time noticed lag/stuttering during video conference calls

There was another downtime after February (March?), I don't know how long it lasted as I stopped checking after several days and switched to a backup.

The founder seemed friendly and attentive to customers, and there was about 5 months in early 2015 when service was very stable, so I gave it another chance and re-ordered in July. Currently, considering there were 3 locations added that I don't use (maybe others are enjoying the added locations) while a location that I liked was removed, along with downtime (light usage here, though enough to notice some connection breaks), the new "unlimited" monthly plan doesn't fit my need and I cancelled. For people who only want 1-2 locations, might as well do a one-time VPN setup on a LEB via some install script and have better uptime.

Anyway, I wish the company well and moved on.

• souensouen Member

Pinging for OP, @VPNsh

• KobeKobe Member

They're back up now. Still a disappointment.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@TheKiller said:
    I have been using their service for few months, got for 1 GBP. Their service status can be seen here: vpnshserver.com/ips.php.

I think the downtime is reasonable considering the price we paid for it.

Thanks for linking to the status page, there's also http://www.vpn.sh/servers

As it appears you've noticed, the service tends to have the vast majority of locations available, with only small amounts of downtime.

@Eobble said:
    Genius, get people to sign up for $2 a year and then change them to $2 a month later!

Everybody who has signed up for a yearly package is able to use it for the entire duration. This only affects renewals, and will not kick in part way through a billing period. So for example, if you signed up for a yearly plan one month ago, you'll still be able to use it for the next 11 months. At which point, you could decide to move on to the monthly pricing, or cancel your service.

Hope that clears that up!

@souen said:
    My experience with the service was mostly fine when it worked, YMMV.

2015-07-14 ordered £1/year 1000GB plan
    2015-08-02 received activation notice but service date was not adjusted
    2015-08-04 connection down 1-2 hours
    2015-08-15 connection down 1-2 hours
    2015-08-19 connection down 2-4 hours
    2015-08-20 connection down 1-2 hours
    2015-09-16 connection down 1-2 hours
    2015-12-25 connection down, still down on the morning of the 29th, back about 10 hours later
    2016-02-09 connection down, also around this time noticed lag/stuttering during video conference calls

There was another downtime after February (March?), I don't know how long it lasted as I stopped checking after several days and switched to a backup.

The founder seemed friendly and attentive to customers, and there was about 5 months in early 2015 when service was very stable, so I gave it another chance and re-ordered in July. Currently, considering there were 3 locations added that I don't use (maybe others are enjoying the added locations) while a location that I liked was removed, along with downtime (light usage here, though enough to notice some connection breaks), the new "unlimited" monthly plan doesn't fit my need and I cancelled. For people who only want 1-2 locations, might as well do a one-time VPN setup on a LEB via some install script and have better uptime.

Anyway, I wish the company well and moved on.

Thanks for the comments :). As you say, some people who only require a couple of locations may prefer to have their own VPN setup.

Our overall uptime is consistently increasing :).

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

VPNsh said: Our overall uptime is consistently increasing :).

Better idea improve quality first than ask for monthly payments cycle :)

• RizRiz Member

@fitvpn said:

Better idea improve quality first than ask for monthly payments cycle :)

He's tried this before, and it failed.

Our overall uptime is consistently increasing :).

That's pretty easy to do considering your uptime was so horrible for so long.

• defaultdefault Veteran

VPNsh said: Everybody who has signed up for a yearly package is able to use it for the entire duration. This only affects renewals, and will not kick in part way through a billing period. So for example, if you signed up for a yearly plan one month ago, you'll still be able to use it for the next 11 months. At which point, you could decide to move on to the monthly pricing, or cancel your service.

I have an yearly plan. The reason I chose it: for the cheap yearly plan with multiple unstable locations, but accessible when I rarely need one.

Feedback: when my yearly period will be over, I will not go to monthly plans, I will quit using VPN.SH. Instead of paying a monthly plan for your "interesting" VPN, I can simply get any monthly VPS and configure that as VPN in whatever location I want.

I wish you great success in your business.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • KobeKobe Member

@vpnsh: Will you be refreshing any of your US IPs any time soon so we can get past the Netflix block?

• VPNsh said: Our overall uptime is consistently increasing :).

Yeah, I've heard that twice, each time after that services was working fine for ~1 month and then it still goes to be down more often than up. Probably not only for me.

Have great time enhancing your services. However I'm out of it.

Thanked by 1default
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Kobe said:
    @vpnsh: Will you be refreshing any of your US IPs any time soon so we can get past the Netflix block?

We'll have some US Streaming locations available at some point soon. This is in the pipeline.

@theqkash said:

Yeah, I've heard that twice, each time after that services was working fine for ~1 month and then it still goes to be down more often than up. Probably not only for me.

Our uptime has been pretty solid for a long time now. I think we need to setup a section on our status page which shows the history of our uptime, so that we can put this issue to bed. I completely understand the lack of faith from some clients who experienced poor uptime, however that was a long time ago.

We'll implement an uptime logging system so that users can see our uptime over time, rather than just at any one moment. This should hopefully work towards restoring some faith in our service.

• VPNsh said: Our uptime has been pretty solid for a long time now. I think we need to setup a section on our status page which shows the history of our uptime, so that we can put this issue to bed. I completely understand the lack of faith from some clients who experienced poor uptime, however that was a long time ago.

Sorry mate, but you were having some status pages some time ago, which was showing that server was online, while it wasn't online (maybe only IP was pinging but there was no ability to connect to VPN).

However good luck.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

For 2,50 per year everything acceptable, but for the same monthly fee can find a much better deals with more locations :)

• tommytommy Member

@fitvpn said:
    For 2,50 per year everything acceptable, but for the same monthly fee can find a much better deals with more locations :)

90 % uptime still reasonable, I'll repeat myself again here, I wont use his service even for free!

• Wouldn't use them again due to to [see older threads]

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I had a quite nice plan, regret cancelling it.

• KobeKobe Member

VPNsh said: We'll have some US Streaming locations available at some point soon. This is in the pipeline.

Any particular ETA?