Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap'ish but good dedicated server in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap'ish but good dedicated server in Europe

Hi,

I am looking for a cheap'ish dedicated server as below

CPU:
2 cores or more

Ram:
4GB but 8GB or more would be nice

HDD:
500GB or more, unless it is SSD, then may go for less.

IPs (IPv4):
2-3 for SSL, nameservers and main hostname.
Would be ok to pay for the extra 2 IPs, if needed and that are a reasonable price.

CentOS 6.x

Control Panel:
cPanel would be nice, but I can get that else where

Budget
Max: £40 GBP / €50 EUR / $60 USD - Exluding cPanel/WHM
Payment by PayPal (verified)

Problem
I have limited Id for myself as I don't have any photo Id at all, nor any bills in my name.
This has caused issues in the past when ordering dedicated servers.

Comments

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

@GazCBG said:
    Hi,

I am looking for a cheap'ish dedicated server as below

CPU:
    2 cores or more

Ram:
    4GB but 8GB or more would be nice

HDD:
    500GB or more, unless it is SSD, then may go for less.

IPs (IPv4):
    2-3 for SSL, nameservers and main hostname.
    Would be ok to pay for the extra 2 IPs, if needed and that are a reasonable price.

CentOS 6.x

Control Panel:
    cPanel would be nice, but I can get that else where

Budget
    Max: £40 GBP / €50 EUR / $60 USD - Exluding cPanel/WHM
    Payment by PayPal (verified)

Hello there,

I can offer you a vmWare Dedicated Server in Romania with 4 CPU cores and 8 GB RAM DDR3 ECC + 500 GB HDD for 50 EUR/mo.

That will include 5 IP addresses for free.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to go further.

Thank you.

• VbroVbro Member

Try online.net

• MadMad Member

You should check the following ones:

Online.net / Kimsufi / SoYouStart

• Domin43Domin43 Member

for 40 pounds you should shop at SoYouStart.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

We offer Intel i3-4160, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD/1TB for £35.00 ex VAT per month :)

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited May 2016

It would be better to get 2 small VPS's at different providers for the nameservers, or just run them on the main server IP.

• FalzoFalzo Member

GazCBG said: Problem I have limited Id for myself as I don't have any photo Id at all, nor any bills in my name. This has caused issues in the past when ordering dedicated servers.

so how old are you then? are you legally allowed to do business at all?

• GazCBGGazCBG Member

@Falzo said:

GazCBG said: Problem I have limited Id for myself as I don't have any photo Id at all, nor any bills in my name. This has caused issues in the past when ordering dedicated servers.

so how old are you then? are you legally allowed to do business at all?

I am 40 years old and have ran business in the past.
    But I don't drive and don't have a passport, never been outside of the UK.
    That is what is normally asked for photo Id.

When I ran my business in the past, I got a family member who had photo Id to order the server.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Why did I get an email that this thread was created?

• GazCBG said: I am 40 years old and have ran business in the past. But I don't drive and don't have a passport, never been outside of the UK. That is what is normally asked for photo Id.

I'm not sure what hosts you use, but I've never been ID'd even at OVH - they just wanted proof of address.

• GazCBGGazCBG Member

This was a number of years back in 2000-2001 with DedicatedNow when they was in NAC, they asked for photo id, when I made ordered, so I asked them to change the order to a family member and they provided the id, with me on the account for tech. which was done.

I never had any issues with OVH and as you said they just wanted proof of address, quick and easy. I also used i3D last year and when The Planet DC before they was took over, there was no issue there either.

• GazCBG said: I never had any issues with OVH and as you said they just wanted proof of address, quick and easy. I also used i3D last year and when The Planet DC before they was took over, there was no issue there either.

Don't worry about ID then, as long as you have a UK postal address and residential IP you will be fine!

• rds100rds100 Member

I woul get an ID card / passport / driving license if i were you. And then i wouldn't send them to any random host who asked to see them :)

• WeikangWeikang Member

I have ordered servers on soyoustart without any identification.

• VereloxVerelox Member

I would recommend SoYouStart, they have servers starting from 25 EUR per month and you only pay for the IPs once. Online.net has very good offers in France and Netherlands as well.

Alternatively, we have an Intel Xeon X3430, 4 GB, 2x250 GB HDD in stock for 32 EUR/mo with 3 IPv4 addresses.

Thanked by 1raptorpeanutbuttr
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Northhosts have something that just about fits - 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Quad-core at £35 a month, £5 for 5 extra IPs.

https://www.northhosts.co.uk/clientarea/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

I've been with them for a little over a month no, nothing to complain about and support has been quick, friendly and helpful so far.

• OVH, WorldStream, online.net

• @Verelox said:
    I would recommend SoYouStart, they have servers starting from 25 EUR per month and you only pay for the IPs once. Online.net has very good offers in France and Netherlands as well.

Alternatively, we have an Intel Xeon X3430, 4 GB, 2x250 GB HDD in stock for 32 EUR/mo with 3 IPv4 addresses.

+1, best support I know of too.
    Also, try bacloud(they had a promo going recently so check the offers area) so far they have been trouble-free

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • cociucociu Member

GazCBG said: Budget Max: £40 GBP / €50 EUR / $60 USD - Exluding cPanel/WHM Payment by PayPal (verified)

in this price i can do this in Romania :

Dedi 8 core (16 W/t)

1 tb hdd

32 gb RAM

10 tb traffic included

1 gbps port speed

4 ipv4 included (aditional ips will be 1 eur/mo)

price for this config is 55 eur/mo if you pay quarently i can do 50 eur.

Pm if you are interesed

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

We can offer bacloud green series server 2 cores, or E3v2 server with 4 cores in your budget. if you can pay for a longer time, we can make a discount. Here you can find our server deals: https://www.bacloud.com/en/single-dedicated-servers