Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN bandwidth limit per user
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN bandwidth limit per user

KosovoKosovo Member
edited May 2016 in Help

OpenVPN bandwidth limit per user.

For example:

bandwidth of my virtual servers: 5TB.

user1 - 100GB limit

user2 - 100GB limit

user3 - 100GB limit

etc.

How can I do that?

Comments

• teamaccteamacc Member

Are you sure you want to run a VPN business with this little knowledge about configuring the software you're using?

Thanked by 3Nyr cassa Brad
  • keyword: radius

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • tommytommy Member

keep them coming :) we're here to answer all of your question.

See ya on next life.

• KosovoKosovo Member

@teamacc I do not conduct business.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Kosovo please, stop spamming me via PM.

I already helped you with some questions in private, but I don't work for free nor am your dedicated consultant.

• KosovoKosovo Member

I do not do product sales. I do not aim to make money. Why are you lying? Because of you, people do not help me. @teamacc

• @teamacc said:
    Are you sure you want to run a VPN business with this little knowledge about configuring the software you're using?

Don't be a jerk, try to always think positively.

Thanked by 1Kosovo
  • KosovoKosovo Member

@coreflux Thank you very much for your thoughts. This guy is because people do not help me. I do not do product sales. This guy has slandered me.

edited May 2016

@Kosovo said:
    I do not do product sales. I do not aim to make money. Why are you lying? Because of you, people do not help me. @teamacc

No, people doesn't help you because you need hand holding and you need it instantly and for free. You seem to think that people is here to serve you.

You also don't seem to be able to do your own research before asking for help.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • KosovoKosovo Member

@Nyr Research I did but did not find sufficient results.

• Use sofether to limit bandwidth on openvpn( the one generated by sofether)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • noamannoaman Member

@Kosovo said:
    @Nyr Research I did but did not find sufficient results.

Did my own research

If you have ipv6 give each client asingle ipv6

And setup bandwith limit using thr openvpn bandwith limit.....

Check out the --shaper configuration in openvpn

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited May 2016

Kosovo, you opened up 7 threads in the past 7 days, all looking for help, and most of them urgent. Get a dedicated support agent if you need this amount of help, especially over the weekend.

Topics:

• Looking for SSL certificates (use google)

• Looking for VPS (use google, use offers category, use lowendbox)

• Looking for web hosting (same as vps)

• Something with vesta cp (first reaction mentions google)

• Reseller hosting (use. google.)

Your last 2 threads were about openVPN. If i google your topic title (literally copy-paste) and add the words "how to" to it, multiple hits on google will explain how to do the thing you want.

Now, I might've been wrong about you running a VPN business and for that I will apologize. I will however not apologize for taking the offensive here, as you should by now know that lowendtalk is not your 1) personal helpdesk 2) personal google-monkeys.

Especially when you bump your own topic, trying to get me on the defensive. All I asked was if it was a smart thing for you to run a business off of this. This is a very considerate assumption, taking into account that your last 2 threads were about limiting clients.

Now, instead of trying to bash me in multiple replies (and you getting bashed back for that), you could've just said something along the lines of "I am not trying to run a business", maybe with the addition of "As i'd need too much help doing so".

Again, I will apologize for my remark if it offended you, but that does not put you in the clear here.

• mentarimentari Member

u need radius server to control and auth user, u can try daloradius , it not easy as like abc,

• KosovoKosovo Member

@teamacc Be yourself. Idiot talking nonsense. Whatever you do, what you can not do for you to decide. You're despicable.

This guy seems to become a bit unhappy when he feels like you aren't doing enough to help him...

https://i.nyr.es/Kosovo-and-you-LowEndTalk-UT78DbzW3q.png

Thanked by 1Cartman

And just two days ago he was calling me perfect, I feel heartbroken.

@Kosovo I want to apologize for not fully satisfying your needs this time and I hope you can give me the chance to serve you better in the future.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Banned for abusive behaviour. We will not tolerate this attitude here.

• Nyr said: And just two days ago he was calling me perfect, I feel heartbroken.

Man. That's harsh.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @Nyr said:
    This guy seems to become a bit unhappy when he feels like you aren't doing enough to help him...

Hard to tell, was he actually accusing you of being a pimp that fucks mothers, or was he saying it as "you're a fuckin pimp bro" (a compliment)

:)

Thanked by 3daily Nyr netomx
  • dailydaily Member

@MrObvious said:30

@Nyr said:

Hard to tell, was he actually accusing you of being a pimp that fucks mothers, or was he saying it as "you're a fuckin pimp bro" (a compliment)

:)

I would have actually taken it as a compliment as well.

I generally don't take being called a pimp as a compliment.

• teamaccteamacc Member

To be fair I think its somewhat a good thing that he ran into a banhammer before I had the chance to check my inbox and post this message here.

Thanked by 2Cartman netomx
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Thanked by 1emre22
  • broken english insults are always the best.

teamacc - time to bang your significant other, per kosovo's request. Get to it.

• vedranvedran Veteran

This is why we can't have nice things

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • ehabehab Member

@Nyr said:
    And just two days ago he was calling me perfect, I feel heartbroken.

no one is but at least your vpn script almost is :)

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • emre22emre22 Member

well I was wondering how Serbians could do this ... now I start to understand somehow

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

@emre22 said:
    well I was wondering how Serbians could do this ... now I start to understand somehow

So you are insulting one nation for one kid/person? And support someone who killed childrens and crimes to others? Damn it, i thought such peoples does not exist in 2016 anymore... anyway, i think you should be banned too because everyone need to pay his price who did bad thing's and you're not better than this one! Racism is not tolerated in civilisation world.

Thanked by 2Resulzade Clouvider