Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comodo PositiveSSL CA bundle
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comodo PositiveSSL CA bundle

DStroutDStrout Member
edited March 2013 in General

Since this is Low End Talk, I'm sure we're all aware of, and probably have, some of the insanely cheap PositiveSSL certificates sold by NameCheap. I have nine of them myself. However, there's some weird things about them for me. For starters, the e-mail containing the certificate has a "link" to the installation instructions that doesn't actually work:
That they can't figure out how to properly link to arguably the most important piece of documentation is... odd, but OK, whatever. From the link indicated that does work (support.comodo.com), you can find this knowledgebase article with the installation instructions. For InstantSSL, not PositiveSSL. The instructions are the same, but how would an average user know that? But all that aside, the weirdest thing about this is that it tells you to "Install the Root and Intermediate Certificates" which are "contained within the 'ca-bundle' file that was attached to your email in the *.zip file we sent you". But my ZIP file has _never_ contained the ca-bundle file. It has always contained individual root (AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt) and intermediate (PositiveSSLCA2.crt) certificates. The first time I did this, I had to do a _lot_ of Googling before finding this post - designed for node.js - telling me how to concatenate the two .crt files in to the ca-bundle file that the Comodo installation instructions call for.

So what? Well, I guess this is partly a rant, partly a question. The rant is above, the question is this: has anyone else had this problem? Googling around, I find it surprising that I can find no record of anyone else with either of the two problems above. Does anyone else have them? Does anyone else here have no installation instructions link in their e-mail and no ca-bundle file in their ZIP file?

Comments