Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kiloserve down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kiloserve down?

tortautortau Member
edited December 2011 in General

Both the website and solusvm has been down for close to 2 hours now.

Is it just me or ...?

Comments

• 100% packet loss here too

• yeah..

17.|-- tge9-1.pomncako-cer01.soc  0.0%    10  247.0 246.4 245.1 248.2   1.1
     18.|-- xe-0-0-0.pomncako1cw.ca.t  0.0%    10  243.3 242.3 241.1 245.1   1.1
     19.|-- xe-0-3-1.vnnycajz1cw.ca.t 30.0%    10  231.2 230.3 229.8 231.2   0.4
     20.|-- ???                       100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
     17.|-- tge9-1.pomncako-cer01.soc  0.0%    10  236.0 244.7 228.6 288.7  17.6
     18.|-- xe-0-0-0.pomncako1cw.ca.t  0.0%    10  220.5 236.5 219.7 261.2  15.4
     19.|-- xe-0-3-1.vnnycajz1cw.ca.t 50.0%    10  241.8 238.1 231.1 243.7   6.4
     20.|-- ???                       100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0

some packet loss too in they previous hop..

• Dear clients

We are currently experiencing a loss of connectivity

We are diagnosing the issue and will have an ETA soon

Source: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7848119

• It seems there is an increase in DoS attacks lately, hitting many providers.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2011

It wasn't a DoS, iKocka gave the link :)

All of my client's damn databases got corrupted, which is annoying.

• @Infinity happens when mysql, sometimes, is in the middle of something and the VPS reboots. Thats why I generate database backups every 2 hours and rsync them offsite.

• How does a "loss of connectivity" cause MySQL corruption?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

From what the WHT thread is saying is that it was a power issue.

Francisco

• It seems like there was a power issue, then the network went down after the power came back. I just looked at the time the database was first reported as crashed and it was before the second downtime.

• http://kilo.excloo.com/ is still up (I'm on a KVM plan) so it can't have been a full outage...

• It's been back up for a few hours

• Hmm, mine's still down and IP is unreachable.

Now I just hope it comes back up so that I can move servers ... again sigh

I just love the lack of communication. Not everyone looks at WHT, you know...

• @tortau said: mine's still down and IP is unreachable.

did you login to the control panel to see if yuor VPS is booted? Is the conrtol panel reachable?

• Ah thanks. Never thought about that.

It was "online" in solus which was why I thought it was a network issue. Figured it couldn't hurt to reboot the server anyway, and now it's up =.='

Anyway, time to pack up and go.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Last time KiloServe went down I forgot to unmount the ISO and it booted into the installation ISO and I happened to be away on that day so :(

It's really not looking good for KiloServe, I had hope in them but 2 1 hour+ downtime's in the space of 3 weeks or so is not a good sign.

Very dissapointed indeed. I know it is the fault of the datacenter however, I think the line should be drawn here. This datacenter has some serious issues.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited December 2011

@Infinity said: It's really not looking good for KiloServe, I had hope in them but 2 1 hour+ downtime's in the space of 3 weeks or so is not a good sign.

Very dissapointed indeed. I know it is the fault of the datacenter however, I think the line should be drawn here. This datacenter has some serious issues.

Yeah, this is the reason we left HE.

• I haven't had a single issue so far...
    Maybe we're on different nodes/racks, I'm on a yearly KVM :)

• @Infinity said: I had hope in them but 2 1 hour+ downtime's in the space of 3 weeks or so is not a good sign.

For some providers that's pretty darn good.

• @drmike said: For some providers that's pretty darn good.

Yep...

Recently infinity isn't the same guy as before u_u

• Other than the few bumps in service the past few weeks, Kiloserve has had 100% uptime and i'm very satisfied with the service. Hopefully they work through the bumps and we're back on track to great reliability. ;)