Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RSA Key Conundrum - Strange error!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RSA Key Conundrum - Strange error!

eastoncheastonch Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hey guys,

Just got a new node, and honestly, I dislike the thought of myself having to come look for answers here, but this one has really got me.

We created a keypair through Putty and distributed a pub key to a RHEL 5 for testing, this works fine.
However, we just got this new RHEL 6 node and it doesnt seem to like it, we've set it up the exact same, told the config what to do, etc. etc. However...

We getimage when trying to connect, however when we're in debug mode... we get a different story, SSHD will allow the private key and access the public key:

We've compared configs with the other node, and that seems fine. We're really confused and honestly, anything would help, Permissions have been set properly, I mean the only other thing I can think of is SELLINUX being a bitch. A reboot is going down shortly to see if that fixes it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Chris.

EDIT:

SELLINUX was the root cause of this, my absolute hatred for this problem! :Z

Comments