Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking part-time/full-time job (Please help me if possible!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking part-time/full-time job (Please help me if possible!)

turbovmturbovm Member
edited March 2013 in Help

Hey,

I'm not entirely sure if this was the right section to post this thread under, it was either this or off-topic, if it's incorrect can a moderator please move it for me, thanks.

So for the past 1-2 years I have been working (voluntarily first whilst I held another job, then to a full-time position) for a UK based hosting provider, whom offers services such as Minecraft hosting, VPS, Web hosting, etc.

Recently however (due to budgeting issues) I have been told that I will most likely lose my job within the next few weeks, as such I am looking elsewhere for employment (hopefully for the long-term), I'm trying every avenue for potential employment so figured I would post here as I have seen others doing so in the past.

A little about myself, my name is Marc Lough, I'm 21 years old and currently live near London in the United Kingdom. I am currently employed full-time as a software developer (mostly PHP / Python) and Linux system administrator (for approximately 30-40+ dedicated servers).

I have experience working with OpenVZ and KVM systems (both SolusVM and CLI), Multicraft (for Minecraft servers), cPanel and numerous other services, as well as in-depth knowledge of WHMCS.

Although I do not have any formal qualifications in my area of expertise (other than studying computer electronics at college) I would like to say that I am very competent in all areas and given the chance would like to further this knowledge elsewhere within the hosting industry.

I am willing to work either part-time (a decent number of hours per week if possible, including weekends if required) or full-time (preferred). This can include any shift work or late nights. I can work on front-line support via live chat and/or tickets, programming or server management.

My apologies for the huge wall of text, but currently I am quite desperate to find another employer and would quite like to continue in the current field of work rather than changing to something entirely different.

Regarding TurboVM

Obviously you may want to ask questions about TurboVM and where I stand with it, so I will be open and honest as possible. I will be temporarily handing over control to a good friend of mine who has been helping with the project from the start. He will be taking financial responsibility for the next few months until I can find stable grounds to continue funding.

If I do find employment here or anywhere else, I am open to any suggestions such as being required to revoke my position entirely.

If you would like to discuss privately you can either PM me, send me an email to [email protected] or leave me your email address and I will promptly contact you.

My CV is available upon request.

Comments