Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any chanse to buy 2tb ssd samsung evo in 500 eur ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any chanse to buy 2tb ssd samsung evo in 500 eur ?

cociucociu Member

Hello people,

i need to buy 10 ssd of 2 tb , must be samsung evo 850 . Last days i find in ebay for 550 dollars and now ... nothing. Any ideea ?

Thanks in advance,
Marius

PS MUST BE WITH INVOICE .

Comments

• user123user123 Member

@cociu said:
    Hello people,

i need to buy 10 ssd of 2 tb , must be samsung evo 850 . Last days i find in ebay for 550 dollars and now ... nothing. Any ideea ?

Thanks in advance,
    Marius

To which country would you want them shipped? If it's outsite of the US, many sites only do domestic US shipping.

• RamiRami Member

@user123 said:

@cociu said:
    Hello people,

Thanks in advance,
    Marius

To which country would you want them shipped? If it's outsite of the US, many sites only do domestic US shipping.

Shipping isn't a problem anymore there is too many shipping companies offer a US box to ship your stuff to and then to your home

This one I like it and used it many times: https://www.fishisfast.com/affiliate_link/1F4CA9CF7B02/redirect (Affiliate link) :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Rami said:
    Shipping isn't a problem anymore there is too many shipping companies offer a US box to ship your stuff to and then to your home

That's a very bad suggestion, other than needing to trust those companies for a $5k package, he would need to pay a LOT of import taxes in the EU.

Additionally, he would likely need to forget about the warranty.

• RamiRami Member
    edited May 2016

@Nyr said:

@Rami said:

That's a very bad suggestion, other than needing to trust those companies for a $5k package, he would need to pay a LOT of import taxes in the EU.

A lot of sites sell only for US citizens and these kind of shipping companies is the only way to get these items

I agree with you about the warranty but in this case he have to buy it from local store this will be better

Edit: I didn't ship any items with them more than $1k/shipment

@Rami said:
    A lot of sites sell only for US citizens and these kind of shipping companies is the only way to get these items

I agree with you about the warranty but in this case he have to buy it from local store this will be better

Warranty would be the least issue to be honest. You need to pay like 25 % of the value in import taxes and depending on your luck and shipping company fill some documentation (or pay more fees so they handle it for you).

Importing US hardware is nearly never worth it in the EU.

• mik997mik997 Member

@cociu said:
    Hello people,

are you EU VAT registered? the following works out around EUR 525 + 20% UK VAT each

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/samsung-2.0tb-850-evo-ssd-2.5-sata-6gbps-32-layer-3d-v-nand-solid-state-drive-mz-75e2t0b-eu-hd-210-sa.html

u could prob negotiate if you are buying 10x ;)

• RamiRami Member
    edited May 2016

@Nyr said:

@Rami said:

Warranty would be the least issue to be honest. You need to pay like 25 % of the value in import taxes and depending on your luck and shipping company fill some documentation (or pay more fees so they handle it for you).

Importing US hardware is nearly never worth it in the EU.

Normally I but lower price on my shipments (they offer this service) and shipping company handle everything for me for no extra and our customs is much more worse than in EU

Anyway he have to calculate the cost first before buying (price + shipping + VAT + import) and I think buying it locally will be cheaper in the end

• cociucociu Member

mik997 said: mik997

verry helpful until now. You have buy from them ?

• KosovoKosovo Member

@cociu $545 in Kosovo.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2016

Nyr said: Nyr

Depend of what you look in my case . In Romania for all IT parts or entirely sistem we pay only the VAT. I still own a ship company in spain and really i think i have very good price for shipping from us to all europe with DHL. About pay 20% VAT for the importation is benefit lather because i deducted this VAT for our customers

@cociu said:
    Depend of what you look in my case . In Romania for all IT parts or entirely sistem we pay only the VAT.

Interesting.

In Spain we pay: VAT + "aranceles" (some extra percentage for the customs) + DUA (the paperwork) + other fees in specific products.

So importing IT equipment means like 30 % extra, not counting the shipping costs or how badly our half-privatized customs function. They sometimes hold packages for several weeks and from time to time shipments get "lost". It is not as bad as say Russia, but pretty bad for an EU country.

This was all implemented a few years ago and has managed to stop a big percentage of the small to medium imports which started growing with the e-commerce boom. Previously you could simply import some kilograms without much trouble or paying anything...

End of the rant.

• cociucociu Member

Nyr said: Nyr

i cannot negate spain things. I was try to tell this : i use my contract with dhl in spain (where i have huge volume of package) and i import directly from usa to Ro , and here we pay only 20% wich is VAT + some "custom chestor" wich is 25 eur/expedition.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2016

and i give a fixed exemple : http://www.ebay.com/itm/381586635125?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

this server cost me 290 $ (we buy in bulk) +58$ custom +aprox 73$/server shipping , in this price definetly i dont find in EU this kind of servers. so a total of 421$ /server and not forgot the "58$" what i pay vat i can deducted this from the montly tax

• RamiRami Member
    edited May 2016

In Egypt IT stuff and most of electronics is only %5 taxes and no customs at all and if you bought one or two pieces only you may not pay anything at all just shipping cost

• trvztrvz Member

Nyr, this will all be solved with TTIP.

@trvz said:

I'd prefer to keep it unsolved then.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @Nyr said:

@trvz said:

I'd prefer to keep it unsolved then.

Oh, come on, tax-free hard drives for everyone! No more pesky customs and bureaucracy! Completely worth it to sell out your country to the US :p /sarcasm

Btw, completely reminds of the Brexit problem. The UK can have all the benefits of being in the EU (liberalized travel & trade) without having to join the political part of the union, just as Norway, Iceland and Switzerland are doing, so all the doomsday scenarios are a complete hoax.

• awvnxawvnx Member
    edited May 2016

@Nyr said:

@Rami said:

I've seen shipito.com pretty often for Europeans.

They let you fill in your own shipping invoice so you can just declare a low value. It likely won't be that closely scrutinized by customs...

Well, on the flip side you're out of your $5000 if the package gets lost on the way over since you underdeclared its insurance value.

• cociucociu Member

awvnx said: you can just declare a low value

definetly i am not interesed low value

• cociucociu Member

any way bad luck for me , last week was tons of them in ebay for 550-600 $ and now i find only more espensive. So totaly i will buy today and lost some money for not buy last week. haha

• zaecwxlpzaecwxlp Member
    edited May 2016

cociu said: verry helpful until now. You have buy from them ?

They've been online over 15 years as far as I'm aware, they've always been fairly popular with PC builders in the UK so you should be safe if you decide to buy from them.

@awvnx said:
    They let you fill in your own shipping invoice so you can just declare a low value. It likely won't be that closely scrutinized by customs...

Do you think customs officers are stupid? Because that's what it looks like.

First, the customs declaration is not an invoice. Second, they will open your package if needed and they will check the real value of the stuff you are importing. Then they will ask you for an invoice or a sworn declaration if they believe the wrong value was declared. You will also end up paying even MORE since they will calculate their own value which I assure you that will be higher and could even add more taxes for their time wasted.

A friend recently imported a ring (small package, little weight) worth like $60 and he ended up paying like 50 EUR in different customs fees. They didn't even ask for an invoice and just assumed an inflated value.

I doubt you have imported anything of value given your suggestion. That fraud could fly for some low weight package from China, but certainly not for something weighting multiple kg.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD