Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What about allowing only recurring discounts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What about allowing only recurring discounts?

I can't stand when I open offers and the discount is only for the first month and I see other people think the same.
Is it possible to change the guidelines for providers to not post only recurring discounts?

Comments

• cociucociu Member

and have here many offers with recurring discount

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2016

@sandro said:
    I can't stand when I open offers and the discount is only for the first month and I see other people think the same.

One, it's business a recurring payment means a lower profit...

Two, people here are cheap.

Is it possible to change the guidelines for providers to not post only recurring discounts?

I suppose this is keeping with the "lowend" tradition, but it's ultimately up to that business to decide.. if you don't like a one off discount just go elsewhere?

Let's see what the almighty @jarland thinks..

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2016

ATHK said: if you don't like a one off discount just go elsewhere?

We don't like our time being wasted reading misleading ads where the title specifies a very low price, but when you open the thread or post, turns out that's first month only.

I see no problem with non-recurring discounts in general, as long as the final price is within the LET limit, but perhaps there should be a rule to always mention the final recurring price in the thread title.

Thanked by 1user123
  • twiigltwiigl Member

For me one-time discount are also things like a troll, especially when the subject says 30 USD and later inside the topic it says, only first month.

I think it's fine to give a one-time discount for new customers but not those "troll offers" just for getting some cliks

• Why not up the price and give discount. :P

• I would actually do it another way:

• If the non-discounted price matches LET price rules, a non-recurring discount would be allowed.
    • If the non-discounted price does not match the LET price rules, only recurring discounts to that product would be allowed.

@Jarland

Thanked by 2twiigl Four20
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Those one-time discounts attract many clicks, I assume.

I don't like that crap either, but as long as it's clearly specified that it's a one-time discount...

I would actually do it another way: - If the non-discounted price matches LET price rules, a non-recurring discount would be allowed. - If the non-discounted price does not match the LET price rules, only recurring discounts to that product would be allowed.

That's how it is right now.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Anyone posting misleading offers should be dealt with. If title says a price and doesn't specify, I expect recurring. This kind of activity made me stop reading WHT offers. It's impossible to browse casually now. I won't stand for it here.

Let me know if I don't see it.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • IshaqIshaq Member

As @jarland said, flag deceiving offers that don't mention it's only for the first month.

We will deal with it.

• sandrosandro Member

Yeah... I thought I should have been more clean. If mentioned in the title I have no problems with that.

• This thread is in the wrong category.