Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anybody use 123systems ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anybody use 123systems ?

mikimiki Member

I have 6 servers with 123systems but their user panel is almost always not loading.
Does anybody else have this problem?

Comments

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited May 2016

I had a VPS with them back in 2013 when I thought: "It's only $20, what could possibly go wrong".

I had network speeds of 12 kb/s when people abused the networks - hence I did not renew.

If you checked your RAM usage, a lot of your memory would be swapping as the nodes were heavily oversold.

Not sure now - they've switched management. ChicagoVPS then HVH (I honestly don't know anymore, I spam all mail from 123systems.com)

I'd ask @Ernie for help, since (I think) he now operates this host.

• IshaqIshaq Member

FlamesRunner said: I'd ask @Ernie for help, since (I think) he now operates this host.

He left.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited May 2016

Ah. Who operates 123Systems then?

(their WHOIS indicates VelocityServers)

• irmirm Member
    edited May 2016

123Systems is the most garbage host i've ever tried. Network speeds were ass and they refused to acknowledge it even though I provided multiple speed tests, the control panel always had issues (couldn't even install Debian or CentOS because their control panel would just lock up and id have to submit a ticket for them to do it for me), couldn't even run 'yum update' without having making tweaks to the OS because apparently that's normal (according to them).

Do yourself a favor and avoid that shit like the plague and just go with something reliable like RamNode for a few extra dollars more...

My post from 2014 regarding them - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/562864/#Comment_562864

• kingpinkingpin Member

Considering the number of negative reviews about this host I guess we really need some announcement on the top of the page with the list of the providers never to deal with.

• irmirm Member
    edited May 2016

kingpin said: Considering the number of negative reviews about this host I guess we really need some announcement on the top of the page with the list of the providers never to deal with.

Good luck with that LOL. They used to resell ColoCrossing shit and last I heard they either got "bought" by ColorCrossing or have someone from there 'managing' the brand now so chances of this happening are 0.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited May 2016

@FlamesRunner said:
    I had a VPS with them back in 2013 when I thought: "It's only $20, what could possibly go wrong".

I had the same experience but at the $15/yr level. 123systems is garbage.