Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Theme
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Theme

SpencerSpencer Member
edited February 2013 in General

Well cPanel is finally coming out with new theme!
http://themes.cpanel.net/x4/

Looks a lot like WHMish

https://x4demo.cpanel.net:2083,
x4user/demo$123.

Comments

• Very nice I like this alot.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

Meh, looks like a wordpress theme for a blog.. althought it's an improvement.

• nice!

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

And all temptation to try DirectAdmin just left my body. :D

• I would much prefer that they work on improving reseller accounts than to make shiny interfaces.

• Cool.

• @Damian said: I would much prefer that they work on improving reseller accounts than to make shiny interfaces.

What is wrong with the current reseller?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I would prefer IPv6 support, but I like shiny things also. :)

• @Spencer said: What is wrong with the current reseller?

IP delegation is broken.
    Resellers can't have their own cpanel.domain.com:2083 address.
    There's a 3rd item that I can't think of at the moment....

• jhjh Member

Nice

• Not bad. A bit too light but I am sure they will improve a lot before release :)

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2013

@Damian said: cpanel.domain.com:2083

Every domain can have that, check your WHM settings for SSL redirection.

• @NHNahian said: Every domain can have that, check your WHM settings for SSL redirection.

And it wont warn about invalid cert? They can install own cert?

• @Corey said: And it wont warn about invalid cert? They can install own cert?

If your clients have their own ssl, yes. Otherwise, I do not see how you can use SSL for one domain to another one ;)

• Very nice :)

• @Infinity said: Meh, looks like a wordpress theme for a blog.. althought it's an improvement.

+1

• @KuJoe said: I would prefer IPv6 support, but I like shiny things also. :)

they should add something like solusvm ipv6 management, and is really easy to make sites work on ipv6, just edit some lines in httpd.conf

but would be nice to be done automatically from WHM

• I really dont like it - i think theres too much clutter and the page looks too busy.

Maybe a fixed width version would suit me as im not against the colourscheme/style but more the fluid width that puts everything out of sync.

• @NHNahian said: Every domain can have that, check your WHM settings for SSL redirection.

@NHNahian said: If your clients have their own ssl, yes. Otherwise, I do not see how you can use SSL for one domain to another one ;)

are there any docs about this?

• installing right now. easy install download unzip run install script.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@24khost said: installing right now. easy install download unzip run install script.

I hope it's not on your clients server, afaik it's incomplete.

• I see they've spent time on this, but nothing on when SNI and IPv6 support is coming?

• Not bad at all.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Nice!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Looks much better than the previous themes.

Two problems:

• Loading takes quite a while on this machine (several seconds to load all elements in the panel), seems the demo page is quite heavy
    • The demo shows all buttons so light gray that it's hard to distinguish or read them... this might be because it's disabled in the demo?
  • This new theme have been arround for a while isn't?
    Maybe one or two months ago.

• @joepie91 said: The demo shows all buttons so light gray that it's hard to distinguish or read them... this might be because it's disabled in the demo?

I think its because its not enabled at the moment.

• Nice, looks like built on Twitter Bootstrap foundations too ! Just fell in love with Twitter Bootstrap used to revamp Centmin Mod web site's new look :)

• This took years.

But glad it's here at least.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited March 2013

@lele0108 said: This took years.

I remember using the x3 theme back in...

2004? I could be wrong.