Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backup Solution for cPanel Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Backup Solution for cPanel Server

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

I need a Good Backup Solution for cPanel Server (incremental & Client End Restoration) apart from cPanel's default one.

I have come across of cPremote (Syslint), Restore Manager (GK-Root), Jet Backup Manager, R1Soft etc.

cPremote seemed not working last time & the Guy in support just tells that it's My Fault if the cron isn't running or being killed ! Restore Manager was good but unfortunately when once I tried to restore, it didn't save Me that day ! Looked around Jet Backup Manager, seems like they have updated their software because when I noticed it 2 Years back, there was no incremental solution + UI was worst ! I also found $2.50 R1Soft License & but, it seemed difficult to Me, I mean their way of Backup.

Can you suggest Me Working One ?? I'll install that, configure that to backup My cPanel Server to My Backup VPS & whenever I need I'll be able to restore specific file with one Click either from WHM / cPanel ! Simple automation !

Comments

• andrewnandrewn Member

I can offer you a managed backup solution for an affordable price. I sent you a PM.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@andrewn said:
    I can offer you a managed backup solution for an affordable price. I sent you a PM.

I don't need managed actually ! I myself can manage it :)

• andrewnandrewn Member
    edited May 2016

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@andrewn said:

I don't need managed actually ! I myself can manage it :)

Sure thing. You can manage your backups on a pretty nice web panel and from inside cPanel too :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Other option is bacula4hosts. Have used that before and it works pretty well.

• ChalipaChalipa Member

care to share where do you get R1Soft License for $2.50?

@Chalipa said:
    care to share where do you get R1Soft License for $2.50?

http://r1soft-licenses.com/

• elgselgs Member

If you have a dedicated server, install OpenVZ and install cPanel in an OpenVZ container, as a side effect, it also saves you license fee. Then just backup the whole container regularly with vzdump. vzrestore will help you to restore from a backup.

@elgs said:
    If you have a dedicated server, install OpenVZ and install cPanel in an OpenVZ container, as a side effect, it also saves you license fee. Then just backup the whole container regularly with vzdump. vzrestore will help you to restore from a backup.

But, this would not let Me restore a single account but whole VPS Container !

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

FYI if you subscribe to a r1soft backup solution hosted by a provider it should offer you to do the setup (well we do) so you just have to configure basic stuff like when and how many backups are you willing to keep.

• R1Soft is super easy.
    Get a VPS from SpeedyKVM or Backupsy. Install R1Soft on it and profit.

Bacula4, I've no idea if there are any license renting things around, but their prices start at $299... So I doubt it.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

KosherHam said: Bacula4, I've no idea if there are any license renting things around, but their prices start at $299... So I doubt it

I think you might be looking at the wrong pricing: https://www.bacula4.com/hosted-solution/ then go to the 4 Hosts (SPLA) tab and scroll near the bottom

• ShockHostingShockHosting Member, Host Rep

R1Soft will probably be your best option.

If you had issues previously then I would recommend hiring someone to manage it for you.

Some of the license providers will even offer an initial setup service.

• +1 for R1 soft. It's really easy to setup and highly reliable. Also I usually run it as a ovz or kvm container so I can back up theshit out of it.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

I've had good experiences with R1Soft and Jet Backup Manager.

R1Soft's UI works very well for those of us who are quite knowledgable however Jet seems to be more average Joe friendly.

Good luck on your find.

@LordSpock said:

Jet seems to be more average Joe friendly.

What did you mean by it ?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@LordSpock said:
    I've had good experiences with R1Soft and Jet Backup Manager.

R1Soft's UI works very well for those of us who are quite knowledgable however Jet seems to be more average Joe friendly.

Good luck on your find.

Didn't know about Jet Backup Manager. Looks like I'll implement it soon.

• @MrGeneral said:

Didn't know about Jet Backup Manager. Looks like I'll implement it soon.

It is really good.

• bashedbashed Member

i agree, although i dont know the license pricing, its really good to use and stable

@KosherHam said:
    R1Soft is super easy.
    Get a VPS from SpeedyKVM or Backupsy. Install R1Soft on it and profit.

Bacula4, I've no idea if there are any license renting things around, but their prices start at $299... So I doubt it.

I went with JetBackupManager ! So far so good !

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Layer03Layer03 Member, Host Rep

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I went with JetBackupManager ! So far so good !

Great choice, keep us updated in a few weeks on how it working for you.