Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Windows server/VPS - 4GB ram/4cores
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Windows server/VPS - 4GB ram/4cores

trondontrondon Member
edited May 2016 in Requests

Hello,
I'm looking for the best solution for my need - Windows dedicated server or VPS.
I need to run some computations, with not so big ram needs. 3gb or 4gb will be enough.
The computation is cpu heavy, so I probably need something like 4cores+. I'm looking for something cheap, as I need to rent many of these computers as the computation can be run on multiple machines as the output of each computation is standalone. The disk space or location doesn't matter.

Comments

• Yes, we have a lot of people doing these "computations" on multiple VPS's, try loading Proxmox in a SoYouStart or Online.net box. Lot's of avilable IP's too.

• trondontrondon Member
    edited May 2016

Hello,
    thank you, can you please describe a bit what the Proxmox does? I'm not sure I understand how would I benefit from it...
    Also, why computations in quotation marks? I'm not sure I understand, I'm not planning to do anything shady or illegal

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Can you budget $15.00/month with a single dedicated 3.5Ghz CPU thread?

Francisco

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

How does 40gbp sound? This can include upto 15VPS of the spec your looking for?

• @pbgben said:

60$ for 64 GB Memory and 32 cores with HT and 15 IPs ? Where ?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Junkless said:

@pbgben said:

60$ for 64 GB Memory and 32 cores with HT and 15 IPs ? Where ?

Upto being the keyword of LE provisions, They should do as ManOfServer suggested and get a dedi from SYS.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@trondon said:
    Hello,
    I'm looking for the best solution for my need - Windows dedicated server or VPS.
    I need to run some computations, with not so big ram needs. 3gb or 4gb will be enough.
    The computation is cpu heavy, so I probably need something like 4cores+. I'm looking for something cheap, as I need to rent many of these computers as the computation can be run on multiple machines as the output of each computation is standalone. The disk space or location doesn't matter.

I recommended Dedicated server for heavy CPU usage.

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

@trondon I don't know if our product can meet your budget. But we can do free 'abusive cores' on our 4 GB package (with 4 cores). 3-days money back guarantee. You can utilize and run after 3-days (for FREE, nothing can stop you as it is on our TOS if you are our first time customer).

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

What is your budget for this solution?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Is a 2x2 cpu like corei3 2100 is enough ?

• cociucociu Member

trondon said: trondon

i can provide this in Romania in our DC in your budget , please pm if the location is ok.