Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best for seedbox: So you Start (OVH) or Hetzner?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best for seedbox: So you Start (OVH) or Hetzner?

mtsbatalhamtsbatalha Member
edited May 2016 in General

Hello guys,
As stated in the title. Whats's the better?
Take in consideration mainly:
Hetzner has 200 Mbps guaranteed bandwidth with 20TB/month for upload.
So you Start has 250 Mbps guaranteed bandwidth for upload with unlimited traffic.

Thanks in advance!

Poll not found

Comments

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

Network wise for 'very budget' servers, I would go with SyS.

• msg7086msg7086 Member

Vote for neither. I'll go kimsufi for heavy traffic, or dacentec for heavy disk usage.

Thanked by 1Laxenade
    • david_Wdavid_W Member

Besides the links speed, SYS has better network than Kimsufi, especially to Asia and west coast.

• SteveSteve Member

david_W said: Besides the links speed, SYS has better network than Kimsufi, especially to Asia and west coast.

What? They're on the same network.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

msg7086 said: dacentec for heavy disk usage

A seedbox at Dacentec? That should be fun.

@mtsbatalha OVH without a doubt. That's where most seedboxes are hosted and very close to other popular ISPs (Online.net, LeaseWeb, FeralHosting...).

• @msg7086 said:
      Vote for neither. I'll go kimsufi for heavy traffic, or dacentec for heavy disk usage.

Why? It's only 100Mbps. Right?

• msg7086msg7086 Member

@mtsbatalha said:

Why? It's only 100Mbps. Right?

I myself don't use that much traffic. If you do, then soyoustart might fit you better.

• david_Wdavid_W Member

May be they have different priority of routing. Below quick test started at the same time and both server is idle.

KS-4B

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      3.35MB/s 
      Tokyo, Japan        Linode      4.76MB/s 
      Singapore       Softlayer   5.85MB/s 

SYS-IP1

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      18.8MB/s 
      Tokyo, Japan        Linode      11.6MB/s 
      Singapore       Softlayer   7.19MB/s 

Thanked by 1msg7086
    • @Nyr said:

msg7086 said: dacentec for heavy disk usage

A seedbox at Dacentec? That should be fun.

@mtsbatalha OVH without a doubt. That's where most seedboxes are hosted and very close to other popular ISPs (Online.net, LeaseWeb, FeralHosting...).

You is convincing. Your answer is directly. Do you have a seedbox with they?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

mtsbatalha said: You is convincing. Your answer is directly. Do you have a seedbox with they?

I don't, but had been a customer in the past. OVH is good for seedboxes, best bang for your buck along with Online.net.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

OVH. If your tracker has quite a few seedboxes, most of your traffic will be internal.

• OVH for sure. I've used them as seeebox for quite a long time. Very reliable.

• rds100rds100 Member

Considering that people in Germany don't dare to torrent from their home internet connections and instead use VPNs and what not - i'd not go with Hetzner for torrenting / seedbox.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
      edited May 2016

Hetzner is terrible for any high bandwidth uses. Did you read their terms? If you break the 20TB limit, you have to basically beg forgiveness and promise that it won't repeat. Not to mention that it's better not to have any limit in the first place, especially for a seedbox.
      Avoid.

Thanked by 1coreflux
    • NomadNomad Member

Also considering the dDos protection provided by SYS as opposed to nullrouting of Hetzner, OVH sounds more preferable.