Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for big TeamSpeak3 server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for big TeamSpeak3 server

bellicusbellicus Member
edited May 2016 in Requests

So I'm in the market for a VPS server for my TeamSpeak3 Server, It's 500 slots and daily usage is about 300-400 slots and monthly bandwidth varies from 200-600GB per month. I'm currently hosting it off a Kimsufi KS-3C and there's a few factors that's forcing my hand in moving it. My Specs and Budget are as followed.

• CPU 2-4 Cores
  • 512MB Ram+
  • 15GB Disk
  • 1TB Bandwidth
  • 1GBPS
  • NYC/Metro area for the location.
  • DDoS Protection (not a necessity but would like to have it if possible)
  • Budget 30/yr (Can raise if needed)

I've checked Ramnode and nothing in the yearly category within a decent budget that i feel comfortable with. I've looked at BuyVM seems promising but would like to hear about other options.

Comments

• You can check us out: http://nodeblade.com/ssd-kvm-vps with coupon LET15KVM for 15% off for life. Free 10Gbps DDoS protection. Located in New Jersey.

It doesn't quite match your specs (10GB SSD, 750GB Bandwidth) and price ($51/yr), but if you want to pay yearly, you can work with our billing department to fit your needs. Just open a ticket here: https://my.nodeblade.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3.

• MunMun Member

Buyvm?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

What about our NJ location via DeepNetSolutions.com?

We offer DDoS Mitigation free of charge.

Regards, David

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2016

Considering the number of slots, I'd suggest you to think of the DDoS protection as a necessity, not something optional. If you really want NY Metro, your options are limited.

Consider also increasing your budget or decreasing your RAM/CPU requirements if you want something mildly reliable.

I would actually think about an OVH VPS, likely the best bang for your buck.

• bellicusbellicus Member
    edited May 2016

@Mun said:
    Buyvm?

I've been eyeballing them and comparing them to others.

@davidgestiondbi said:
    What about our NJ location via DeepNetSolutions.com?

We offer DDoS Mitigation free of charge.

Sent you a PM.

@Nyr said:
    Considering the number of slots, I'd suggest you to think of the DDoS protection as a necessity, not something optional. If you really want NY Metro, your options are limited.

Consider also increasing your budget or decreasing your RAM/CPU requirements if you want something mildly reliable.

My TS3 is private, it's only a word of mouth TS3 server. I've been running it for a year without a single attack what so ever. As for budget as stated in the OP, it can be raised if needed.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

You really need 1Gbps for Teamspeak? I have clients who have over a hundred users and run fine on 100Mbps. You said you use 600GB~ bandwidth, this is nothing...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nyr said:

Or preferably a VPS in OVH using their game DDoS protection.

bellicus said: My TS3 is private, it's only a word of mouth TS3 server. I've been running it for the year without a single attack what to ever. As for budget as stated in the OP, it can be raised if needed.

What an achievement then, congratulations :)

There is one $12 HostUS deal which could fit your budget perfectly.

It's Washington, but close enough I guess? Other than that, check maybe some Choopa reseller. I can't think of many other cheap options in the area.

• @Nyr said:
    There is one $12 HostUS deal which could fit your budget perfectly.

HostUS doesn't allow TS.

Thanked by 1Nyr

TheOnlyDK said: HostUS doesn't allow TS.

Really? Thanks for noticing, that's bad...

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

The specs are set way too high, teamspeak barely uses 10% of an E3-core when 500 users are online.

Go with extravm since they are the only provider with a very good ddos protection for ts3 servers.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • CaKooooCaKoooo Member

Recomend extramvm :) is a good company.

I have a lots of ts3 servers

Thanked by 1MikeA