Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good alternatives for wable
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good alternatives for wable

seenuseenu Member

I am posting this with heavy heart and i want to explain my story, before you can offer me any good alternatives

I started my own consulting firm (entrepreneurship) and i am real tight on money (almost every month making loss so very careful about spending as little as $20 aswell)

I am using 2 DO's $20 droplets and have a paid subscription of $25 bitbucket and many paying many other SAAS services(thats a different story).

so when i wanted to cut down costs, i wasted almost a week reading reviews etc and finally decided
1. to have my own gitlab instance so i can get rid of $25 bitbucket service
2. instead of 2 DO's i want to have only one because i trust DO a lot and want to host important sites there
3. then found wable bundle 3, especially with their power boost....it fits my requirement

so went ahead and signed up with them....spend 3days continously to setup my own (2 cores, 3gb ram)
1. gitlab instance, move all repos from bitbucket to gitlab (using importer) but since i am new to gitlab, ruby....had to spend lot of time getting things done properly
2. moved all folders, virtual hosts from DO to wable repo (i never thought of using rsync... my bad) (2 cores, 2gb ram)
3. another test server for my team to host staging code (1core, 1gb ram)

so i am 100% satisfied with their resource bundles and everything going smooth (for a month...) but i still feel that pain of moving all sites from one server to another server.

but today i come their price change announcement put me back into danger zone again....as their price chance will cost me around $70 per month (which is more than my DO instance charges and bitbucket charges)

and in this whole transition period, my wife is so angry because as per her....i am wasting time and taking risk by shaking up things which running smoothly and at the most i am saving only $40 bucks.... but i always convinced her, its not about $40 but about $40x12 months and flexibility blah blah blah... but now she is right...because i am in dangerous situation now

with all this painful journey and sad situation, i want to ask for wable alternative

• which can provide resources bundles so i can adjust vpses depending on requirement
  • have good reputation
  • most importantly doesn't change their price in near future
  • good uptime (am i asking too much?)

Thanks for reading and helping me in this situation..

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

It sounds like your needs would be fit quite well by our VDRs (resource bundles).

We actually just posted an offer today: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/83724/impact-vps-new-storage-servers-50-off-vdr-seattle-dallas-nyc#latest

We are actually on Incero/wable's same network, Seattle, Dallas and NYC.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • seenuseenu Member
    edited May 2016

Thanks for the response @Awmusic12635

honestly, i wanted to about post impactvps.com already in my post that, it almost meets my demand but not, because i want to get open suggestions.

and for last 1hour...i read all of your pages :) including knowledge base to know more about your services.

Everything is already satisfying to my needs..... but my only concern is...are you going to hike your prices? (may be newbie/stupid question...but because you are using incero services and their sister company wable increasing prices)... i am sure you are using dedicated services so you are un-affected by this price change but want to be sure...

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

seenu said: are you going to hike your prices?

If we would ever raise our prices it would only affect new customers. Current customers will always be grandfathered in.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited May 2016

seenu said: which can provide resources bundles so i can adjust vpses depending on requirement

We offer resource bundles across a number of locations in the US, EU & ASIA depending which locations you wish to focus on. You can find out more at https://quadhost.net/account/cart.php?gid=26

most importantly doesn't change their price in near future

We have no scheduled price increases at this time however if pricing changes occur then existing customers are not adjusted based on previous changes for other products.

good uptime (am i asking too much?)

Our live system status can be seen at https://quadhost.net/status/

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If you can wait a week or so we have revamped KVM plans on the way :)

$15/month for 4GB RAM, SSD, dedicated thread, etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 2cassa trewq
  • @Francisco

Any thoughts to bring back the 3Ghz+ CPUs on any of the plans?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2016

Vultr has some discounts around, why not use them?

• hdpixelhdpixel Member

@Francisco That's great to hear! But just to be sure, you will not move your data center out of Las Vegas anytime soon, right? I ask because when I first found you, I signed up when your were in Cali, and then you made the announcement to go to Las Vegas. It left me with a bad impression. Thank you.

@globalRegisters said:
    @Francisco

All of the new KVM plans are 3.5Ghz+ threads :)

I got 43 nodes to build sometime next week.

Francisco

@hdpixel said:
    @Francisco That's great to hear! But just to be sure, you will not move your data center out of Las Vegas anytime soon, right? I ask because when I first found you, I signed up when your were in Cali, and then you made the announcement to go to Las Vegas. It left me with a bad impression. Thank you.

I'm sorry about that. The issues with EGI lasted about 6 - 8 months and we did our best fix things. They simply oversold their network too hard at the time and there was no fixing it.

We're happy with Fiberhub. I feel I have a great working relationship with @Rob_T and the rest of the crew. Quick turn around on any work I need done and always helpful.

Francisco

• hdpixelhdpixel Member

@Francisco ok, I will wait for your posting in Offers or PM directly when it is available. :)

@hdpixel said:
    @Francisco ok, I will wait for your posting in Offers or PM directly when it is available. :)

Not sure if we're putting a sales post here - depends what my marketing person thinks. We do have a $7/month 2GB KVM on the way though that'll have half a thread dedicated to it. Works out to 1.8Ghz or so to yourself.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@globalRegisters said:
    @Francisco

Francisco

That's excellent news!

Will the new plans be offered on all your locations?

Thanked by 1Francisco

@globalRegisters said:

@Francisco said:

@globalRegisters said:
    @Francisco

Francisco

That's excellent news!

Will the new plans be offered on all your locations?

LV to start then we'll move east based on demand.

Francisco

Thanked by 1globalRegisters
  • seenuseenu Member

Thanks for all the replies

@quadhost, sorry its out of my budget

@Francisco please do let me know when you do

@EVM_Mike, eventhough i didn't include in my original post, after DO i moved to vultr,

and for testing, i put one vps there with only 2 git repos and regular LAMP stack nothing else.

then after a week, i see i am using more than 400GB BW (for my projects, 1GB/m is enough) and after 2days they told...there may be some malware in my vps and told me to install some packages to test.

i did that and there are no traces of any malware/virus.

when i informed them about that, they told me to delete my vps and start again... thats where i jumped to wable.

• sinsin Member
    edited May 2016

-edit- whoops missed that

• seenuseenu Member

hi sin,

yes.... please read my experience just above your post.

• sinsin Member

@seenu said:
    hi sin,

yes.... please read my experience just above your post.

Sorry missed that part :( really hope you find a good provider @Francisco and BuyVM have a good rep so you can't go wrong with them when they put out their KVM plans

Thanked by 1seenu
  • seenuseenu Member

thanks for your wish.

i am really in an embarrassing situation because of all these moves and sometimes i think its better to pay DO more money and stay worry free.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Awmusic12635 said:
    It sounds like your needs would be fit quite well by our VDRs (resource bundles).

We actually just posted an offer today: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/83724/impact-vps-new-storage-servers-50-off-vdr-seattle-dallas-nyc#latest

We are actually on Incero/wable's same network, Seattle, Dallas and NYC.

I vouch for ImpactVPS have been testing their service and it's awesome. Great, superb network and hardware. The owner is an excellent guy as well pretty active here and more than willing to help.

Should you need service in EU, get in touch with @AnthonySmith, I'm sure he's willing to do something for you.

Thanked by 2seenu Awmusic12635
  • We're currently offering 40% off your first month with us so that you can try our service with minimal risk (although we're sure you'll love it) with the coupon "WABLEREFUGEES"

which can provide resources bundles so i can adjust vpses depending on requirement

We don't offer automated resource bundles, however if you open a ticket with us we're happy to figure out a custom plan for you.

have good reputation

We've been operating since 2012 and have had numerous LEB offers with positive reviews.

most importantly doesn't change their price in near future

We have had minimal price change in the past, and don't plan on having any in the near future. In the case of a price change, we are also unlikely to impose raised prices on existing customers.

good uptime (am i asking too much?)

You can see our uptime here. We have had > 99.95% uptime on our nodes as of late.

• seenuseenu Member

yeah, he is helping me already.

since i stay in India and Canada.... i prefer US based servers mostly.

@SimpleNode thanks for the response

@Awmusic12635 gave me a week of trial on their server and has resource pools, so i want to try them hardly before i decide to move away from wable.

thanks to lowendtalk.com and their members for such fast responses.

• msg7086msg7086 Member

BuyVM hasn't changed their price for about 5 years. Their services are solid as rock.

Also you don't have to setup everything again and again. You can always shut down most service and do a root rsync between VPS. Of course if you go OpenVZ to KVM you'll install grub and kernel, but that's pretty much it. Could save you hours.

• seenuseenu Member

yeah....i just came to know about rsync today in a thread here which i will try this time https://lowendbox.com/blog/how-to-migrate-a-hosted-server-in-5-easy-steps-with-rsync/

• msg7086msg7086 Member

@seenu said:
    yeah....i just came to know about rsync today in a thread here which i will try this time https://lowendbox.com/blog/how-to-migrate-a-hosted-server-in-5-easy-steps-with-rsync/

Nice find. Just make sure you stop all the service except SSH on both side.

• seenuseenu Member

oh nice tip, will do that.

• I find Ramnode and Hostigation to be super.

Cheap, not the cheapest - but it frequently works out that you get what you pay for. Infrastructure is generally a bad thing to be stripping to the bone.

Thanked by 1seenu

msg7086 said: BuyVM hasn't changed their price for about 5 years. Their services are solid as rock.

We've never raised prices is probably better ;) We've lowered prices on filtered IP's before (was $4 in NY, dropped it to $3 to normalize it) and the new KVM plans are the first refresh we're doing that involves a price drop/change.

Francisco

• david_Wdavid_W Member

Testing VDR from @Awmusic12635, so far so good.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • @seenu: If you're bootstrapping and like gitlab, try gitlab.com, all the features for free. (they make money off their enterprise contracts)

You can always setup an own instance later.