Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server for Game server from EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server for Game server from EU

Searching for good game server with these requirements:

• E3-1271v3 or better single thread performance (extra cores don't matter)
  • Small but Fast SSD, can be NVMe or faster. No need for more than 20GB
  • DDoS protection. Or at least better policy than Hetzner, who drop the server from network for several days even if the dos-attack lasts only few minutes.
  • No need for too much of RAM, 4GB should be easily enough.
  • Good latency in EU

Any better than OVH offers?
https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/game/

Comments

• MadMad Member

SoYouStart or Online.net

• Somehow i missed SoYouStart, but now that i check it out, it seems to offer a better deal than OVH. How come that is possible? Isn't it same brand but different name..

Online.net does not offer good enough processors.

I added SoYouStart to my options for now. Thanks for that.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited May 2016

Please check our KVM SSD package - 1 E3 vCPU core, 2GB RAM, 60GB SSD, $5/mo, 3 days free trial - wishosting.com

The specs can be doubled if you need 4GB RAM

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@lapsivedenkeitin said:
    Somehow i missed SoYouStart, but now that i check it out, it seems to offer a better deal than OVH. How come that is possible? Isn't it same brand but different name..

Online.net does not offer good enough processors.

I added SoYouStart to my options for now. Thanks for that.

The OVH game range are good, we run our CA VPS range on the i7 @ 4Ghz

• edited May 2016

@exception0x876 said:
    Please check our KVM SSD package - 1 E3 vCPU core, 2GB RAM, 60GB SSD, $5/mo, 3 days free trial - wishosting.com

The specs can be doubled if you need 4GB RAM

Sorry, your single thread performance just isn't good enough for me. Other than, you have nice offers. Thanks anyway.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We're always happy to help in London. Have a look here: https://www.clouvider.co.uk/uk-dedicated-servers-sale

• @Clouvider said:
    We're always happy to help in London. Have a look here: https://www.clouvider.co.uk/uk-dedicated-servers-sale

This offer has nothing to do with the requirements in the first post.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Check us out, our lower tiers may work for you -> https://zare.com

• teamaccteamacc Member

Guys, the OP has explicitly asked for a

E3-1271v3 or better single thread performance

So far only virtkick has been able to provide an offer that matches this. Do you even read the requirements by OP?

How so ? E3-1270V5 have a pretty comparable performance, server can be customised with SSDs, is based in London, UK, with good latency to the EU.

• @Clouvider said:
    How so ? E3-1270V5 have a pretty comparable performance, server can be customised with SSDs, is based in London, UK, with good latency to the EU.

I m on a phone, but didn't see any config with 1270 on the link you shared.

• @teamacc said:
    Guys, the OP has explicitly asked for a

E3-1271v3 or better single thread performance

So far only virtkick has been able to provide an offer that matches this. Do you even read the requirements by OP?

Virtkick is some kind of VPS, not dedicated. No specifications at all either in their site.
    Clouvider has no processor good enough. They have e3-1241, which is pretty good but not enough. Also, the price would be stupidly too high for that quality. There is not even SSD.

Please don't waste time of mine or your own, by offering something that is clearly not what i need. Or maybe you just spam your offerings to every thread..

• dailydaily Member
    edited May 2016

What game are you running by chance? There seems to be this misunderstanding when it comes to Source games, where people believe that CPU is extremely important. Truth is, I run multiple 48 slot CS:GO servers that have moderate traffic on CPUs clocked at 2.4Ghz just fine.

I realize my comment is potentially useless, just letting you know in case. :)

• RobotexRobotex Member

There seems to be this misunderstanding when it comes to Source games, where people believe that CPU is extremely important.

Well in the case of Garry's Mod it does matter, especially if running in Sandbox mode.

• dailydaily Member

@Robotex said:

There seems to be this misunderstanding when it comes to Source games, where people believe that CPU is extremely important.

Well in the case of Garry's Mod it does matter, especially if running in Sandbox mode.

If you're using so much of your resources on a Sandbox server, you need better limits.

• @dailymc said:
    What game are you running by chance? There seems to be this misunderstanding when it comes to Source games, where people believe that CPU is extremely important. Truth is, I run multiple 48 slot CS:GO servers that have moderate traffic on CPUs clocked at 2.4Ghz just fine.

I'm searching for new, better server for MMORPG private server i am hosting. It has over 2000 players at any given time of the day.
    The emulator uses only single thread of the processor.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@lapsivedenkeitin said:

@dailymc said:

I'm searching for new, better server for MMORPG private server i am hosting. It has over 2000 players at any given time of the day.
    The emulator uses only single thread of the processor.

What game is it?

• @MrGeneral said:

What game is it?

This has nothing to do with the topic. This is hardly the place to discuss about games.
    I'm here just for tips for good dedicated server. Currently i'm considering SoYouStart game server, it seems that there isn't any better. But i have time to search for few weeks so i'm not going to rush for it yet.

• dailydaily Member

@lapsivedenkeitin said:

@MrGeneral said:

What game is it?

This has nothing to do with the topic. This is hardly the place to discuss about games.
    I'm here just for tips for good dedicated server. Currently i'm considering SoYouStart game server, it seems that there isn't any better. But i have time to search for few weeks so i'm not going to rush for it yet.

We could help more I believe if we knew, but you seem adamant not to say, so good luck.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • edited May 2016

@dailymc said:
    We could help more I believe if we knew, but you seem adamant not to say, so good luck.

You have all the info in the requirements. What else do you need? The information about the game does not help this topic at all. Tell me how it would help?

It uses only single thread of the processor core, so that's why i am searching for a dedicated server with the best possible single thread performance.
    The game is quite old and relatively small: big amounts of SSD space or RAM are not needed, but both of them need to be fast. RAM's are ofc fast by default, but SSD performance is also part of the requirements. However, i don't know any provider who reveals the specifications of their dedicated servers SSDs.
    DDoS-protection is no brainer but i realize it is hard to come by. Good latency in EU. That's all.

• dailydaily Member

@lapsivedenkeitin said:

@dailymc said:

You have all the info in the requirements. What else do you need? The information about the game does not help this topic at all. Tell me how it would help?

It uses only single thread of the processor core, so that's why i am searching for a dedicated server with the best possible single thread performance.
    The game is quite old and relatively small: big amounts of SSD space or RAM are not needed, but both of them need to be fast. RAM's are ofc fast by default, but SSD performance is also part of the requirements. However, i don't know any provider who reveals the specifications of their dedicated servers SSDs.
    DDoS-protection is no brainer but i realize it is hard to come by. Good latency in EU. That's all.

A number of things. Certain engines require or like certain things. Are you risking a copyright notice from the original game creator? Depending on these things, certain hosts will work and some won't. You don't have to explain what game it is, but you're not wanting to so badly it's just giving me a bad vibe.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited May 2016

@dailymc said:

@lapsivedenkeitin said:

@MrGeneral said:

What game is it?

Yup, that's why I asked him what game was it. Oh well.

@dailymc said:

@lapsivedenkeitin said:

@dailymc said:

A number of things. Certain engines require or like certain things. Are you risking a copyright notice from the original game creator? Depending on these things, certain hosts will work and some won't. You don't have to explain what game it is, but you're not wanting to so badly it's just giving me a bad vibe.

Sams here. Maybe it's Runscape or whatever it was... Ahah

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited May 2016

@Clouvider said:

My bad, I judged by your homepage, not your "configure server" page.

To OP: You could probably get away with an i3 6100 server at 3.7ghz, dual-core.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited May 2016

Junkless said: I m on a phone, but didn't see any config with 1270 on the link you shared.

Thanks, I realise I should have been more clear :-).

It's when you click the order and select the CPU upgrade. I need to update this page to give more options out of the box there...

Thanks for the feedback!

• @Clouvider said:

Junkless said: I m on a phone, but didn't see any config with 1270 on the link you shared.

Thanks, I realise I should have been more clear :-).

It's when you click the order and select the CPU upgrade. I need to update this page to give more options out of the box there...

Thanks for the feedback!

Okay i checked the upgrade page and indeed you have e3-1270v5, and monthly that would be 112£ = 146,60 €. With that money i can rent 2x SYS-Game Server and still have 22,60 € leftover, and The SYS-server would be approximately 22,52% better, times two ofc because there would be two of those servers. So +45% better perfomance, with only 42% of the price of your offer, and still 22,60€ left from the money.
    Your offer is nothing when compared to SYS. Sorry.

• JoeryJoery Member

Lol.

• teamaccteamacc Member

You could consider the i3 6100 offer by seflow. If you look at the offers category there's an offer for lifetime ddos protection somewhere.

Do read about seflow before you order though. I have no personal experience but have heard some negative stories here.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

If you are going for cheap solutions then be ready to be on oversold network.
    @randvegeta can help you with DDoS protected Lithuania severs