Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ads on website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ads on website

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in General

Another topic from me :)

LEB/LET uses buysellads to sell the adspace available. What other options are there out there today?
Does one "seller" have any benefits over another? Like smaller commission on sales?

Please let me read your input.
Thanks!

Comments

• AndreAndre Member
    edited February 2013

I'd go with AdSense.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@Andre said: I'd go with AdSense.

You mean AdWords?

• @Hassan said: You mean AdWords?

I was under the impression that he wants ads placed on his site, so yes - AdSense.

If he wanted to advertise his site, then AdWords would be the go.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Sorry if unclear, yes. Selling space that is.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I know it's sort of off topic but how do you display banner ads on Google's network?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Andre said: I'd go with AdSense.

I do, but it's a confusing program. Determining what got hit where is difficult, there are end of the month adjustments that wipe out earnings, etc.

Then again, my web sites are hobbies and I make < $100 a year on Adsense with them.

Adsense also has a hugely long list of prohibited content, some of which is pretty arbitrary.

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@raindog308 said: Then again, my web sites are hobbies and I make < $100 a year on Adsense with them.

It seems everybody is making something from adsense but me! I think in the years I've put adsense I have about $1 in the account! then again I don't promote my website really.

@Mikho

I was going to suggest adbrite. but unfortunate they have gone bankrupt!

• Project Wonderful

• @shovenose said: I know it's sort of off topic but how do you display banner ads on Google's network?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=place+ads+on+google+network

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I have one single half banner ad from adsense today on my site and even if the traffic is nowhere near let/leb, the earnings are extremly low.

The upside of selling adspace (125*125 banners) are that you know how much you are going to get from it.

And you let someone else handle it :)