Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Web Based SSH?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Web Based SSH?

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited March 2013 in Help

Hey,
Where I am SSH and SFTP are blocked :(
I need to edit my WHMCS license key in configuration.php and add an api access key for the Android WHMCS app.
How can I do this now?
Thanks
PS: And no, it doesn't have cPanel

Comments

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2013

Where I am SSH and SFTP are blocked :(
    I need to edit my WHMCS license key in configuration.php and add an api access key for the Android WHMCS app.
    How can I do this now?
    Thanks
    PS: And no, it doesn't have cPanel

I'm getting more and more confused as to why you still think it's ok to be running a 'company' and you don't have a clue.

What else is blocked on your (school)network?

Before you do anything else I would suggest using your android phone and downloading an ssh app and doing it from your phone.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

A lot :( But i can (barely) use the internet so I need a quick solution. my phone would work I could use SSH on it, but I can't use Ctrl key so I can't save in Nano :(

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider
  • NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited February 2013

Use vpn or SSHtunnel to tunnel your connection? Web based ssh aren't safe and not to mention, if your administrator blocked certain port/network traffic, you can not bypass that with a web based terminal unless you have some type of proxy enabled. I used to work for a colleges IT department where we used to block everything besides port 80 and 443. :).

Doesn't work :( Also tried that other one but the two-minute limit didn't work because it was so slow and laggy.

• @shovenose said: A lot :( But i can (barely) use the internet so I need a quick solution. my phone would work I could use SSH on it, but I can't use Ctrl key so I can't save in Nano :(

Use vim then? The android ssh client I use has an on screen CTRL key..........

ok what app do you use @Corey? I'm using Connectbot

• Can't use a VPN? TCP 443 .. Works fine for me from my uni and work place.

• @shovenose said: my phone would work I could use SSH on it, but I can't use Ctrl key so I can't save in Nano :(

Use hackers keyboard for android.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2013

@shovenose said: ok what app do you use @Corey? I'm using Connectbot

Connectbot has an on screen CTRL and ALT key. I use connectbot.

i see it but how to press it?

• @krs360 said: Can't use a VPN? TCP 443 .. Works fine for me from my uni and work place.

I don't think he knows how.

• @shovenose said: i see it but how to press it?

Put your finger on it - touch screen right?

• @NHRoel said: hackers keyboard

+1.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited February 2013

I have on occasion used a chrome app https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/secure-shell/pnhechapfaindjhompbnflcldabbghjo?utm_source=gmail

You also can consider getting a VPN

• @shovenose If you tr trust me enough, pm me those login and license info and what needs to be changed.

@Corey not it does not anything... I try to tap it and it disappears. LG Optimus G on Android 4.0.4

• You can set up anyterm on your own server next time you are at a computer with unrestricted ports.

Well I won't be for a long time, like 5 hours. And I've lost access to WHMCS because I changed license key.

@NHNahian thank you for the offer, however I would change my root password to something else before I give it out, because I use the same password for other things too that need to stay secure. and I can't change the password without logging in.

• @shovenose said: same password

@shovenose said: stay secure.

NO!

Shit, DigitalOcean's web console doesn't even work.
    "Failed to establish a connection to the console. Please reload"

Well, figured out how to change the license but I can't add the damn API key.

• @shovenose said: because I use the same password for other things too that need to stay secure

now that's a good plan ;)

• Get a subscription and a decent phone...

I just download Putty and setup a proxy connection when something is blocked on school

@BronzeByte Excuse me, this is a top of the line phone. I'm not gonna get some shitty iPhone with outdated hardware at an excessive pricetag.

• @shovenose said: Well, figured out how to change the license but I can't add the damn API key.

Setup an FTP server and restrict access to net2ftp, problem solved

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

@shovenose said: Excuse me, this is a top of the line phone. I'm not gonna get some shitty iPhone with outdated hardware at an excessive pricetag.

wtf is your point, I said you needed a decent phone too, didn't say you don't have a decent one already

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@shovenose said: Well, figured out how to change the license but I can't add the damn API key.

API key for SolusVM?

No the API for the Android WHMCS app.