Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What VPS host is best for reliability/availablity?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What VPS host is best for reliability/availablity?

sketersoftsketersoft Member
edited December 2011 in Providers

Hey,

My apologies if this has been discussed 1million times before it's my noobies stupids coming through!! Can anyone recommend the best VPS host for reliability and availability of service or even point me in the direction of a thread that already discusses this?

Much appreciatiation! To get us started I have posted my experience of Liquid host here: lowendbox.com/blog/liquid-host-3-74-256mb-openvz-vps-in-seattle/#comments I have also tried EdgeVPS and didn't find them very good.

Comments

• Why not use the search feature or go and browse the main page and read the comments? It has been discussed many times and it is very similar to asking what car is best for you without telling us much about you. a Mini Cooper might be reliable but if you have 5 kids it might not be the best option :)

That said I have a vps with SecureDragon and BuyVM and I can recommend both. Price is right and also they are very reliable and stable. Support is good as long as you keep in mind they are unmanaged. They will fix issues with the node but if you delete your /etc folder accidentally they won't help you with it (though you can reinstall using the control panel)

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited December 2011

consider using a reasonably legitimate host like securedragon or ramhost or something, instead of those shitpiles that start out and feed off hackforums?

• BuyVM or Kiloserve are a good start. :)

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited December 2011

Kiloserve, Hostigation and BuyVM

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Kazila

• UptimeVPS

• maxexcloomaxexcloo Member
    edited December 2011

@dmmcintyre3 said: Kiloserve, Hostigaton and BuyVM

Exactly who I'd recommend.

@netomx said: Kazila

Kazila look nice, any chance you could do some benchmarks and such?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Kairus said: UptimeVPS

I'm sorry, @net, but i'm going to have to take back that 'biggest. troll. ever.' award and give it to this guy. :D

Francisco

• @jamson said: BuyVM or Kiloserve are a good start. :)

I was KiloServe customer, their support was amazing, but few days ago, I contact them to ask about KVM swap (Yes, I'm n00b and I know it :P), they told me to looking elsewhere...

• fanfan Veteran

I was KiloServe customer, their support was amazing, but few days ago, I contact them to ask about KVM swap (Yes, I'm n00b and I know it :P), they told me to looking elsewhere...

Weren't you able to create swap space by yourself? It's KVM not Xen PV.

• You can't go wrong with quickweb(it's not cheapest though...)

• @fan said: Weren't you able to create swap space by yourself? It's KVM not Xen PV.

I use Xen and I can create swap space.

• jhjh Member

For something really reliable, you should be paying more than $7 really. What is your budget?

• fanfan Veteran

@tux said: I use Xen and I can create swap space.

Yes you can do that with Xen HVM but not on Xen PV IIRC. My only Xen PV has a fixed swap size. Correct me if someone has the right answer.

• @fan said: My only Xen PV has a fixed swap size.

While that is the default method, I don't see why you couldn't create a raw disk image and make swap space out of it from your disk allocation.

• @Christian said: You can't go wrong with quickweb(it's not cheapest though...)

I used to say the same but....

Would someone please post a link to the last quarterly vote and discussion? I just got "in" and I only have 33 minutes until bellringing.

• VMPort.com is also a very good provider. Nice support and prices. :)

• Would someone please post a link to the last quarterly vote and discussion? I just got "in" and I only have 33 minutes until bellringing.

Quickweb is still the best VPS provider around here at LEB. I also have really good experience with ramhost, buyvm, securedragon, EDIS. But my German 1gbit/s quickweb box is unbeatable in performance, uptime and support.

• Awesome thanks for all the replies. I'll check out some of those recommendations. Sorry again if it's a repeat and @luma my needs are a decent bit of RAM and CPU cycles I will need one for a JBoss 6 instance that should be pretty lightweight but still I would like to have the resources to handle bursty traffic... But defo cost saving is high on the list as I'm just a small start up. Cheers

• @jtodd said: For something really reliable, you should be paying more than $7 really. What is your budget?

We're not in Kansas WHT now, Toto ;)

Thanked by 2miTgiB Mon5t3r
  • @Francisco said: I'm sorry, @net, but i'm going to have to take back that 'biggest. troll. ever.' award and give it to this guy. :D -Francisco

NO!!!! What will I do now?? You have seriously ruined my reputation!

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited December 2011

Seems that you didn't read well @net

He was talking about Kairus. Or you currently have that award? :S

And you already changed your signature lololol!

• @net said: NO!!!! What will I do now?? You have seriously ruined my reputation!

Time to remove the signature. Pull up your shorts and amble on down the road man. Perhaps you will get the King of Trolls moniker someday if you are good. :P

• I got the title for one comment ;) , trolling eh?

The title will be mine until I get a new title or francisco's lawyer contacts me or francisco suspends my vps :c

• @net said: I got the title for one comment ;) , trolling eh?

The title will be mine until I get a new title or francisco's lawyer contacts me or francisco suspends my vps :c

You heard him Aldryc he said he wants his vps suspended lol. :P

• unzips

Visor down, pants off, full speed ahead.

POOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited December 2011

@Aldryic said: unzips

Visor down, pants off, full speed ahead.

POOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Please put your pants back on man! We don't want to see that. Now I have to scrub my eyes with rubbing alcohol lol.

• And I get crap for my rambling and off topic posts.

• Hey @drmike, this thread is about VPS suggestions, not critiquing other people's commentary <_<

:P