Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedicated server....
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedicated server....

DamianDamian Member
edited February 2013 in General

"PerfectIP" is showing signs of being an unreasonable provider, so i'm looking elsewhere for:

any Xeon CPU
4+gb of ram
1x 1TB hard drive
100mbit unmetered, carrier not important
/29 of IP addresses
anywhere in the United States

Anyone seen such an offer?

Comments

• L5420? Dacentec?

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2013

@Damian said: "PerfectIP" is showing signs of being an unreasonable provider, so i'm looking elsewhere for:

Who is perfectip and what are they doing that you don't like? How did you find them?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Corey look in the $99 E3 thread.

• @shovenose said: Use promo code "15off"

Ooh, this is great. Thanks!

@Corey said: Who is perfectip and what are they doing that you don't like? How did you find them?

I found them in the $99 E3 and the "I bought a 12gb server" thread. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/217875#Comment_217875 was the original problem I had with them

Now the problem is that they're demanding that all communication come from our paypal email address. Our paypal email address is the email address we use for all of our payment gateways; the point of it is to not send/receive email.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

What happened to the CaliHop deal you were taking up?

@Damian glad I could finally be helpful :)
    But that's really dumb of PerfectIP. Would neve rdo business with them after this.

• @Damian said: I found them in the $99 E3 and the "I bought a 12gb server" thread. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/217875#Comment_217875 was the original problem I had with them

Now the problem is that they're demanding that all communication come from our paypal email address. Our paypal email address is the email address we use for all of our payment gateways; the point of it is to not send/receive email.

Ahh - yea agreed that's how we use our paypal email too. I'll read up on that thread... sorry for your troubles.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2013

@Oliver said: What happened to the CaliHop deal you were taking up?

That's still going. This new server is for a single client who serves files for some kind of game server and eats bandwidth like none other.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

What is your target price?

• @qps said: What is your target price?

$60, or less.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

@Damian said: $60, or less.

If you need 100 Mbps Unmetered for that budget, I think Wholesale's deal is the way to go.

• @qps said: If you need 100 Mbps Unmetered for that budget, I think Wholesale's deal is the way to go.

Thanks for your input, I will go with them.

• @Damian said: Thanks for your input, I will go with them.

Good luck in getting an answer if you ever need to ask sales for something!

Why would you ask sales anything? Know what you want, order it, and then they will not ignore you.

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@shovenose said: Why would you ask sales anything? Know what you want, order it, and then they will not ignore you.

I want to change my order from monthly to 6 months and also want to add more drive's, IP's, so support forwards these request to sales/billing..

unless there is some self serve order form in the client that I'm not aware of?

• Thanks for the recommendation Robert
    If you're looking for a server feel free to email me: [email protected]

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@earl
    If you submit a ticket rather than email them they usually reply quite quickly.

• @dominicl said: If you submit a ticket rather than email them they usually reply quite quickly.

Yup, that's what I did..

I think they have new staff and something about a lot of snow in Kansas so not everyone is present.. at least it's what I read in WHT..

• @earl said: I think they have new staff and something about a lot of snow in Kansas so not everyone is present.. at least it's what I read in WHT..

I know I saw from a post on WHT that for one, Joleen is new and that is why a lot of the billing/sales related questions may be running slow since the accountant cannot make it in (if I recall correctly). It makes a lot of sense now with the weather but I wish they said things like this in the ticket instead of just "I did not have time to get to this today, will do it tomorrow" like I have been getting. Just those words without knowing WHY she is so busy can make it easy to take it out of context.

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@Holoshed said: "I did not have time to get to this today, will do it tomorrow"

Someone mentioned that this could be an auto-responder which would make sense, cause if my question was read by a human it would have been easier to just answer it then give that reply..

also no offense to Jolene but after waiting 4 days for a response her answer was basically to contact Aaron!!

But I agree they could have word it better and let us know what's going on..