Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Review alpharacks.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Review alpharacks.com

i need review for alpharacks.com

Comments

• They are fine. I have a node with them, it's pretty good :) Their special offers are great haha.

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

I have one on the shelf, can't really tell anything about continuous uptime. However when I connect to the node it always responses, CP works ok did a reinstall once, also tickets get responses quick. Original I canceled my cheapskate $3.99 a year 'dancer' plan within 48h, on which I got refunded without any hassle. Later on decided to get it because it's cheap. Because of the no hassle refunding definitely worth a shot!

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I never use their service so I can't say anything but they are still using "© 2015" which is suspicious. I mean they do not update year so maybe they are not serious provider.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said:
    I never use their service so I can't say anything but they are still using "© 2015" which is suspicious. I mean they do not update year so maybe they are not serious provider.

So if I update my footer which is useless to 2016 I'm a serious provider? You're hilarious.

You may be a great person, but you're not tech savvy at all mate.

• tommytommy Member

another super cheap man asking for advise

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2016

@MrGeneral said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

So if I update my footer which is useless to 2016 I'm a serious provider? You're hilarious.

You may be a great person, but you're not tech savvy at all mate.

@MrGeneral
    It was just a suggestion and my personal thought. As per my experience I see that peoples who update their site on time to time means they are active.

Hope you understand what I want to say. If I do not update my own site footer then of-course It means I do not even check my own site and do not care about year. Same rule also apply on me so I update it.

LowEndTalk is a active forum. Look at footer they use current year but I know it can be automatically updated by using php code. If you look at some inactive forum then you will find year like "2011", "Year 2015". I hope you understand my point.

• @tommy said:

Forgot what forum is called? LOWENDtalk

• dailydaily Member

@theroyalstudent said:

@tommy said:

LOWEND refers to lowend specs, not cheap prices.

You can be cheap when looking for lowend hardware.

• @dailymc said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@tommy said:

Then why $7? but yeah, I don't see anything different when it comes to asking for advice about AlphaRacks, compared to some other company.

• dailydaily Member

@theroyalstudent said:

@dailymc said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@tommy said:

Then why $7? but yeah, I don't see anything different when it comes to asking for advice about AlphaRacks, compared to some other company.

Yeah I agree with you on that last part. Slightly confused about that one too.

• I ended up on Alpharacks when they bought RIJX. Over a year later I'm still getting the same great deal and haven't noticed any downtime. Based on my personal experience I can only give them a thumbs up.

• tommytommy Member

theroyalstudent said: Forgot what forum is called? LOWENDtalk

Yup, but for

Budget: 8-20 $ / year
    **Quick Support Trusted Seller
    still unrealistic even for low-end ;)

taken for other thread by op.

• This is what I call superior support. If you want such response times, go with them. They never disappointed me! (timezone: GMT+08:00, Singapore Standard Time)

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited May 2016
  • I've order from them in 2016, a 512M ovz VPS. Bad service!

The 1st impression of their machine: slow, really slow. I did not use them until 6 months later, I used their machine to host a website for my customer. But the machine suddenly got suspended after 2 weeks saying that my machine caused heavy load!

They did not try to solve the problem but directly suspended my VPS.

I tried to let them bring up the VPS temporarily and get my data backup. but they never replied!!!

This is what I've been going through with them.

• ok for the cost

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member, Patron Provider

It has been answered.

• scorpusscorpus Member
    edited February 2017

The worst VPS provider i met.

VPs work only 1/2 time:

and this is a live Bandwidth test for a simple update !

I add to this that they cheat in the way he manages their ram. They push applications to use more SWAP... and it's not a kind of ssd caching one...

If you haven't already take a VPS with them. go away to see another provider this one is really very bad .... you will thank me after...

• Their bandwidth speed is shocking, like above.

• You call THAT shocking?

I've seen 123Systems (I know, it's old) pre-CC-network-fixes have speeds of 9KB/s.

My yum update, in effect, took upwards of an hour to complete.

• Guys, be aware that Alpharacks is suspending services for not apparent reason (on a quick online search seems Im not the only once). Once I complained about the suspended service, they just respond with some nonsense log (normal connections).

For 4 days the service was down and they stop responding.
    I opened a pay pal conflict .. and the next day they terminated the service, sent me a email saying the termination was due to not paying ( it was paid until 2018) but they changed the dates...

Not to mentioned that the speed/bandwidth they say they offer is total BS.

I have the screenshots to prove.

For those who will get any of their services... well good luck.

Thanked by 1trusty33
  • I've to say this weekend I bought a pre special holiday clickbait saver as I get numerous emails from them and a $8/year VPS with 768 mb sounded ok. But yes it has incredible slow network speeds and disk i/o. I've just cancelled, I do go on their bait but end up cancelling in 3 days as TOS states refund. I've a master reseller plan with them idling but still resolves/works.

• x84x84 Member
    edited September 2017

I'm a new costumer to AR. Today when I viewed netstat i had sshd connetions to 4 unknown ip's. I suspect someone tried to bruteforce my empty box, from 4 different ip's. Caused not much load on my box. But maybe on other boxes, if he does it lateral over the entire AR ip-range. It just fucks up my logs with ERR or REFUSED. Did not open a ticket about this. Can't be hard to bruteforce when knowing how the box passwords look like, thats why he's doing it i guess..

• ARiEWWW said: I get numerous emails from them

No kidding!

• NEVER buy any VPS from alpharacks. They cheat by offering vps at lower rate. VPS will work fine for a week so that the refund period is over. After that, vps will never work. They trap customers by offering cheap VPS. If you love your website, you will leave alpharacks after a week, but you will lose your money. So, if they say $19/year, it means $19/month. Their revenue model is based on cheating. NEVER EVER BUY.