Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the most attractive payment options?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are the most attractive payment options?

Alex_znrAlex_znr Member
edited May 2016 in Reviews

Hi guys! I am interested in knowing the most attractive payment options that clients are looking for at a hosting/cloud provider. Can you give me a feedback on this matter?
Thanks' in advance!
Alex

Comments

• WickedWicked Member

I see these threads weekly. Customers prefer PayPal and Stripe(for credit cards).

• ricardoricardo Member

If you're a hosting company that I've never heard of before, it'd have to be a 3rd party gateway like Paypal, 2Checkout etc or not at all. Even larger providers, I'm wary of providing card details.

Thanked by 1grimsdottir
  • noamannoaman Member

PayPal

Bitcoin

Stripe

• tommytommy Member
    edited May 2016

@Wicked said:
    I see these threads weekly.

And from 'provider'

• Paypal

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

PayPal and Stripe

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2016

Bitpay is also very often used.

• hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited May 2016

Thumbs up for PayPal without question.

Thumbs down for Stripe and any other cc processor - lack of control over my money.

• nepsneps Member

Because hosts are one of the most popular targets for bad guys, I try to never pay hosts with CC direct, always PayPal. No PayPal is a dealbreaker for me. SoftLayer is the only host that I don't use PayPal to pay (not because I super trust them or anything, just some unrelated reason)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

HostSlick Customers prefar PayPal/credit card (2checkout) and Bitcoin.

• As a customer, I know it's not always the best for the host, but I prefer PayPal

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited May 2016

@Wicked said:
    I see these threads weekly. Customers prefer PayPal and Stripe(for credit cards).

You understand that there are 5 posts needed to post the first offer right? that is the reason you see these threads lol :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Alex_znr said: Hi guys! I am interested in knowing the most attractive payment options

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

raindog308 said: raindog308

It was Zimbabwean dollars? :D

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

fitvpn said: It was Zimbabwean dollars? :D

Huh? Oh yeah, I guess there is currency in there...I'm sorry, what?

• edited May 2016

PayPal, 2CO, Stripe or BTC.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

PayPal

• Paypal is a must. In years of on-line shopping I've never seen Stripe anywhere so I'm guessing it's only used in certain countries. From what I can tell, it's only talked about on LET.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

raindog308 said: Oh yeah, I guess there is currency in there...I'm sorry, what?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited May 2016

Cash on mail :)

• Thanks a lot for the feedback. We are actually using Paypal and Skrill although I must say, from a provider point of view they charge a lot.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

PayPal

Btc

Webmoney

Skrill- if you have high volume trans.

• Most attractive Payment option for me is Free. If not PayPal ;)

• Bitcoin, absolutely.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@Alex_znr said:
    Thanks a lot for the feedback. We are actually using Paypal and Skrill although I must say, from a provider point of view they charge a lot.

You came back after 4 months to thank these good people? :p

• I use Paypal for everything, I even use my Paypal Debit Card instead of my banks Debit card at ATMS because the Paypal fee is lower.

• Paypal

• @leapswitch said:
    You came back after 4 months to thank these good people? :p

I haven't been so active lately...dealing with some other things...and I am quite new to this forum which is really helpful and proactive comparing to what I've seen on other forums

• Paypal

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2016

Paypal for smaller hosting companies, using a card that provides better foreign exchange rates than Paypal. I'd use a prepaid card instead, which I may start doing to save a bit time.