Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Experience with ServerMania.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Experience with ServerMania.com

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in Providers

So I bought a server from ServerMania.com and while I am no noob with linux, I am a noob when it comes to some things such as IPs and getting Solus set up.

ServerMania's staff have been absolutely awesome, and clearly they love what they do. They answer their tickets quickly and the way the replies are written, it sounds as though the techs are trying to communicate a smile through their responses.

Their service, and their product are both great and I am incredibly happy with my decision to move there.

If you guys are looking for a provider with great pricing and fanatical support, you need to be looking at ServerMania.

Comments

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited February 2013

How long have you been with them?
    What package do you have?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Primary HDD 1 TB - Enterprise SATA (WD RE4)
    Datacenter Location Buffalo, New York, USA
    Uplink 1 Gbps
    Bandwidth 10 TB Bandwidth
    IPV4 Addresses /28 (16) IP Addresses
    DDR3 1333 ECC 32 GB
    Operating System CentOS 6.x (x64)

I've also added on extra IPs and HDDs but that's the base package.

I've only been with them a few days so far but I've put in nearly 15 tickets so far and their support has not skipped a beat.

• 15 tickets in a few days :/ ..

Yeah a couple for adding Ips, and HDDs and a a few after the HDD was installed.

I'm a bit of a paranoid idiot so it happens.

• :) hahah

• I just scored a early LEB deal on their 1GB openvz vps in Toronto for $7. Use coupon code LEB3.

• @agoldenberg said: ServerMania's staff have been absolutely awesome, and clearly they love what they do. They answer their tickets quickly and the way the replies are written, it sounds as though the techs are trying to communicate a smile through their responses.

I love this. Can you share some of the responses you've received like this? It could be a valuable lesson for the people who respond to support tickets here :-)

• I have talked to their support on live chat who looks quite friendly to me

@unused here's one after they completed an OS reinstall for me when I screwed up my drives lol.

Andrew,

Installation will be finished up in approximately 10 minutes, the root password will be the same as when it was deployed which is: ***

If you need us to bind the IPs just let us know... I noticed you mentioned you were using SolusVM so I assumed you would want to leave these free for your VPS servers.

Thanks!

Tyler Ewald
    Server Mania
    Phone: 1.888.237.6637
    [email protected]

Here's a response after I asked them about drive performance

Hi Andrew,

Based on our conversion, it looks like you're running Solum VM. To combat the high IO usage, I would recommend using an SSD for the boot drive, and keep the storage to 2x1tb (or any other configuration).

Thanks,

Andrew Horton
    Server Mania
    Phone: 1.888.237.6637
    [email protected]

Another one when I asked them to update the SWIP info for my IP ranges:

Andrew,

We'll have the SWIP information changed on your IP addresses as soon as possible and update you when this has been completed.

Thanks!

Tyler Ewald

• Those are great! Nice to see something positive here for a change. Thanks for sharing!

• New LowEndTalk Specials are live for ServerMania: http://www.servermania.com/lowendtalk-specials.htm

• @unused said: Those are great! Nice to see something positive here for a change. Thanks for sharing!

+1

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2013

@chriscm with support like from Chris,servermania is better than many big hosts I have tried.Hope they will continue after sales also.After reviews from @agoldenberg,I think it will not be bad :)

They're really good all around. Their sales staff are quick and if you just talk to them, they will work you out a deal.

Their support has been quick and extremely polite.

• Thanks guys I do appreciate the kind words. We have 10 people who work for us so we are "small" but have the backbone to be "big" we work very hard for our clients.

• Are these on ColoCrossings network?

• The specials we have are in their Buffalo facility, we started working with ColoCorssing in November of 2012. We have our own IP space, racks and switch hardware. We utilize really nice high end Brocade ICX units which offer clients full Gig ports to every server.

• @chriscm said: The specials we have are in their Buffalo facility, we started working with ColoCorssing in November of 2012. We have our own IP space, racks and switch hardware. We utilize really nice high end Brocade ICX units which offer clients full Gig ports to every server.

Ah thank you for the clarification, don't be too surprised if people around here wont deal with you just because of CC's involvement though :(

• chriscmchriscm Member
    edited February 2013

@GetKVM_Ash We also have other locations one in Hamilton, Ontario and one in Phoenix, AZ (not affiliated with ColoCrossing). They however are not part of the LEB deals, I will work on offering this in Hamilton soon.

Honestly people can have their opinions but we are very satisfied with the level of service we receive. We've had a few emergency installations arise and we were given our deployments very quickly. We own all of our own hardware so they simply deploy it for us on our rack space.