Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, 4x1TB in Hw RAID10, 20TB, /26 at DataShack for $218
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, 4x1TB in Hw RAID10, 20TB, /26 at DataShack for $218

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in General

Seems like a great deal!!

https://www.datashack.net/cart/?id=188

Hi Michael,

We'll have to get that fixed on the order form. Thanks for letting us know. For now, if you put in an order, you can order the server with 2 x 2TB drives and RAID10 and in the order comments, please note that you would like 4 x 1TB drives and we can adjust it. Thanks.
Best regards,
Rebecca

Comments

• Except that it's Datashack.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

So? Their service is very solid and they are reponsive to support tickets. And I know they will be here tomorrow.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2013

Must be new. Two months ago they assigned our IP addresses to other customers, then told us it was our problem. Our customers were offline over the weekend while they dicked around to assign new IP addresses.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

I have only had a server with them for under a month so can't judge on support issues but the deal itself seems pretty good and even if they have their issues and you can live with them then it's a pretty awesome server!

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

When I had a server with them for a month or so, they were very responsive and extremely helpful so unless they've gone downhill, then it's a killer deal.

@Damian odd, that's far from my experience with them. They only made two mistakes, both of which were correctly quickly. Had a problem where the IPs they assigned me were problematic, turns out they had previous been nullrouted and they forgot to remove it. That was fixed in less than five minutes. Second issue was with a server they ordered they only put in half the RAM. Sent it a ticket, they confirmed they could take the server down to replace RAM, done, less than half an hour if I recall.
    So overall they get an A grade from me :)

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2013

@shovenose said: Had a problem where the IPs they assigned me were problematic, turns out they had previous been nullrouted and they forgot to remove it.

We had this problem repeatedly, too. We had to tell them to use Cogent's own LG to determine the problem.

• That doesn't sound very good on the half ram deal, can't somebody read?

• datashack's networking guys are kinda derpy at times

@24khost It was an honest little mistake. We've all done them. And they fixed it quickly and professionally. I currently only have one server with DataShack but very likely I'll pick up some of these E5 units. But I've had at least 5 other servers with them that I didn't keep, none of those had an issues, I just used most of them for testing purposes then cancelled when I didn't need them.
    But I am seriously considering using DataShack for other stuff too now.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

@fly Rebecca isn't a guy... I can chat with the support guys (even playing xbox with one), but the rest of the departments are miserable.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2013

To be fair you said that OVH Canada were decent to start off with and then you fell out with them, so you might do well to heed the warnings of others.

@Nekki been using DataShack way longer than OVH.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2013

@shovenose said: been using DataShack way longer than OVH.

Doesn't mean that they can't go bad quick. At work we've been dealing the same top-tier operator for at least 10 years, yet in the last six months they've completely gone to shit; it's taken the best part of three weeks for them to open up some firewalls for FTP access.

You've got experienced people here warning you about the bad side, I wish I'd have had that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well I don't hear great things about datashack, obviously at that price you cant expect softlayer service but it is an ideal server for a host who concentrates most of their efforts on the leb/t market as a primary income as it allows a price point that the audience wants to pay.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

I just sent them a quote, let's see how long it takes and see if they do not charge the hell out of upgrades using the normal wizard

• chriscmchriscm Member
    edited February 2013

-Deleted-

• @Jack, Great thanks

That's stupid, he must be abusive. I doubt DataShack would do that to a legit customer.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@shovenose said: Seems like a great deal!!

That is a crazy deal :O

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

Anyone with WII? sales seem to be ignoring their mail..put in a ticket sunday, on Monday they said they were too busy to respond and that they will answer today but no update??

I'm thinking Datashack sales is better?

• Seems the only people having issues with Datashack are those reselling? I've got a few servers & they've been rock solid.

• @earl said: Anyone with WII? sales seem to be ignoring their mail..put in a ticket sunday, on Monday they said they were too busy to respond and that they will answer today but no update??

I know support with the two companies is awesome because it is the same team doing for both. With billing and sales I do see people complain and am in a wait it out situation with their billing department right now over something that I also got the reply on Monday that they had too much to deal with and would get back with me "tomorrow" which ended up being today (Tuesday) and my response didn't come in until around 7:40PM EST and it is still not resolved so have to wait another day. I just mention this as a reply to your question, not to complain or anything. I am waiting it out as I know it will be resolved in due time. Just a waiting game from here.

Support is awesome, billing is mediocre, and if you're not an existing client sales will never reply to you. But once you're a customer with at least one server you can ask anything :)

• @Holoshed said: I just mention this as a reply to your question, not to complain or anything. I am waiting it out as I know it will be resolved in due time. Just a waiting game from here.

yeah they just replied to me as well, but if I recalled when I was with datashack, sales was pretty quick to reply which mainly was handled by Dylan.. well at least during normal business hours..

@shovenose said: Support is awesome, billing is mediocre, and if you're not an existing client sales will never reply to you. But once you're a customer with at least one server you can ask anything :)

yeah Datashack sales is quicker I think.. WII not so good.. but no complaints on support at least not yet.

I'm really debating on prepay for 6 months but just found out there is no refunds so if you decide to cancel in two months your SOL. I wish there was a discount if you prepay for 3 months that would not be so bad..

• I am afraid, that Datashack and WI have EXACTLY the same staff...
    So, the support is EXACTLY equal

It says there's remote reboot access but doesn't specify if there's IPMI so I just emailed them to ask about this. 3:30AM in Dallas now so let's see how long it takes to get a response. I emailed their sales@ address...

edited February 2013

@Oliver said: It says there's remote reboot access but doesn't specify if there's IPMI so I just emailed them to ask about this. 3:30AM in Dallas now so let's see how long it takes to get a response. I emailed their sales@ address...

They told me late January:

As far as remote reboots, we dont have any thing setup yet but we're working on it. We'll probably send out an e-mail to everyone when its ready

It says "Remote Reboot Access" on the order form so they must have resolved that (or it's a mistake).

@Oliver said: It says "Remote Reboot Access" on the order form so they must have resolved that (or it's a mistake).

Its said that since I first ordered in November