Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Reseller Hosting Provider in LA Recommendation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Reseller Hosting Provider in LA Recommendation

aiuraiur Member
edited February 2013 in General

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your help in giving me suggestions on how to stop the DDOS attack, especially @TheLinuxBug
I get tired of managing the VPS, so I'm wondering would getting a reselling hosing package would be better for me.
Can anyone recommend me some good LA based reseller hosting provider?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• My servers are in LA, I could provide you with a reseller.

• @curtisg said: My servers are in LA, I could provide you with a reseller.

[@curtisg said] I'll give you the best advice...rm -rf /

Hey dude, nice to see you again

• @aiur said: Hey dude, nice to see you again

ROTFL.

Welcome to LET. XD I hope you find what you're looking for. Seems like you're doing an awesome job with the notso-new-newbs so far. :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I am not sure many would be willing to host you, seeing you are attracting DDoS attacks.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: I am not sure many would be willing to host you, seeing you are attracting DDoS attacks.

Sorry man, I don't want to let you down, but I'm a good guy. I guess the DDOS is targeting the ip address (or maybe the VPS provider) I'm using, not me.

My VPS has a 100m/s io in the morning and it will gradually degrade to 5 m/s around 4pm. I monitored several days and the situation stays the same. I opened a ticket to my VPS provider and they told me it was because I'm under attack...I can not tell if this was true or not...

I'm only hosting 2 personal blogs (less than 5 visitors per day) and several html websites (less than 10 visitors per day) for my friends, not a big deal, right?

• @aiur are you referring to disk io or network speed degrading?

• @concerto49 said: @aiur are you referring to disk io or network speed degrading?

I used bench.sh from freevps.net, both io and network speed had been degraded a lot! The server manager told me I'm under attack, I have no way to verify that...

• @aiur said: I used bench.sh from freevps.net, both io and network speed had been degraded a lot! The server manager told me I'm under attack, I have no way to verify that...

It's also possible that at 4pm there's higher load on some overloaded servers. Are you getting any pack loss at that time?

• @concerto49 said: It's also possible that at 4pm there's higher load on some overloaded servers. Are you getting any pack loss at that time?

You are right man. From 4pm to 8 pm my io is well under 10 mb/s and Uptimerobot alerted me twice that it lost ping... There must be someone abusing the whole network rather than I'm getting attacked...

I was joked by the admin and I want to leave this VPS provider.

• If you need LA servers / reseller I can setup a custom quote for you.
    You can just send me a message on here or add me on skype: errantweb

• @ErrantWeb said: If you need LA servers / reseller I can setup a custom quote for you.

It's so interesting that I was just looking at your previous post and at the same time you leave a comment here. magic...
    I'm at Detroit but I would like to have server at LA, will message you,

Thanks!

• @ErrantWeb said: If you need LA servers / reseller I can setup a custom quote for you.

Was testing your LA ip, gives me very nice results! Great.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

We have one at WebNX, LA. i will be happy setting up a reseller hosting for you. We also provide cheap WHMCS license on our network which is $10 only.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@aiur said: I opened a ticket to my VPS provider and they told me it was because I'm under attack...I can not tell if this was true or not...

...but you could see which IPs are connecting to which ports on your VPS, right? So you should be able to deduce something from that. And while you're add it, block those connections with iptables. (That won't stop a huge flood but will kill lowlevel attacks)

• @raindog308 said: ...but you could see which IPs are connecting to which ports on your VPS, right? So you should be able to deduce something from that. And while you're add it, block those connections with iptables. (That won't stop a huge flood but will kill lowlevel attacks)

I fear the word "huge flood" . I'm a personl blogger and shared the space with several friends. We have no value for others to launch nuclear weapons.

Thank you for your advice. I will learn how to read logs...

• aiuraiur Member
    edited February 2013

[@raindog308 said]

Is "Startup Saga" yours? good to read!

@aiur said: Is "Startup Saga" yours? good to read!

Yes it is. Thank you for the kind words.

edited February 2013

@aiur said: I fear the word "huge flood" . I'm a personl blogger and shared the space with several friends. We have no value for others to launch nuclear weapons.

If someone is launching a giant flood at you, your VPS's iptables can't stop it.

If it's someone who's just hammering your web serve from one IP, you may be able to end the assault by simply adding a firewall rule.

See this post:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/216386#Comment_216386