Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I use the two disks into one on Ubuntu?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can I use the two disks into one on Ubuntu?

Hello guys,
I have a Hetzner dedi server with 2x3TB of HDD.
So I need use all that space for my seedbox.
Someone can help me?

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited May 2016

@mtsbatalha said:
    Hello guys,
    I have a Hetzner dedi server with 2x3TB of HDD.
    So I need use all that space for my seedbox.
    Someone can help me?

Raid 0. Hetzner allows you to set that within the rescue mode that the server is originally delivered in.

Once you have set your raid configuration properly, you can proceed with OS installation as usual.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited May 2016

If you've already installed and dont' want to reconfigure, and you have logical volumes set up, you can add the second disk to the volume group, then extend the existing logical volume into the new space added to the volume group by the second disk.

• FalzoFalzo Member

avoid raid 0. if one your disks goes bad your whole system will be screwed.
    set up a small portion of both disks as soft-raid1 to put your os on, group the rest with LVM into a large volume which you mount to /home or whatever.
    as said above all can be done with rescue mode/installimage on hetzner easily. they feature a good wiki in english language too which should get you covered.

on a sidenote: hetzner probably isn't a good choice for a seedbox as they will take complaints seriously and have you to act on. but probably you are only seeding linux isos anyways...

Thanked by 1globalRegisters
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Falzo said: but probably you are only seeding linux isos anyways...

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@raindog308 said:

Falzo said: but probably you are only seeding linux isos anyways...

• msg7086msg7086 Member

Unless you are seeding something really huge (>1TB, etc), you can always download files into different locations.