Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Move from solusvm to Virtualizo, question!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Move from solusvm to Virtualizo, question!

Hi,

I'm thinking to move from solusvm to Virtualizor and I want to know if somebody did a successful migration and what problems may occur after the move.

I have read their wiki regarding the migration but I have a pain in my chest Just thinking about this, don't know why.

So, who did a migration and what problems should I expect? I have openvz and kvm nodes.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Ask their support. You'll rather quickly learn that you probably don't want to migrate to Virtualizor.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

@AndreiGhesi said:
    Hi,

I'm thinking to move from solusvm to Virtualizor and I want to know if somebody did a successful migration and what problems may occur after the move.

I have read their wiki regarding the migration but I have a pain in my chest Just thinking about this, don't know why.

So, who did a migration and what problems should I expect? I have openvz and kvm nodes.

Virtualizor is a pain in the node (see what I did here ?). If you really want to migrate from solusvm, I'd rater choose Proxmox or oVirt. I had great experience with both.

Can you share the reason for leaving SolusVM ? I use it for lowend vServers and had no issues so far.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2016

@Andreix said:
    Virtualizor is a pain in the node (see what I did here ?). If you really want to migrate from solusvm, I'd rater choose Proxmox or oVirt. I had great experience with both.

Can you share the reason for leaving SolusVM ? I use it for lowend vServers and had no issues so far.

@Clouvider said:
    Ask their support. You'll rather quickly learn that you probably don't want to migrate to Virtualizor.

SolusVM is more stable in the sense that it has less bugs & has been around for longer but Virtualizor has more features like support for QCOW2/RAW/ZFS, CentOS7/Ubuntu, better resource allocation options & so many other features which SolusVM currently lacks. SolusVM recently added for routed networking & SolusVM v2 is expected to have many of the other features that people demand but no ETA has been provided for it. Virtualizor is lot more buggy but they not only fix them regularly but keep adding new useful features at least once a month as well. I found Virtualizor's support to be at the same level as SolusVM, trying to be as helpful as possible.

Proxmox is also good but often gets ignored by providers in LE market probably because it doesn't support WHMCS out of the box & some of those third party modules cost more than what a provider in LE market makes per node. No support for CentOS could be another reason.

Overall I think both SolusVM & Virtualizor are decent control panels considering they are aimed at budget market & therefore it is unfair to compare either of them with OnApp, Virtuozzo etc

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2016

@AndreiGhesi said:
    Hi,

Virtualizor support does help people migrate from SolusVM ( that's from what some providers who migrated to Virtualizor told me) so probably you should contact them & clear up any doubts that you have beforehand.

• drdrakedrdrake Member

Why are you guys bashing Virtualizor? Is it bad?

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Mark_R
  • jhjh Member

No idea on Virtualizor but Proxmox deserves consideration

• We use virtualizor, we have no problems

• Tried Virtualizor for a KVM beta test, interface is convulated to say the least. Especially when the concept of master-slave isn't properly implemented so the whole control panel is installed on every node

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited May 2016

I agree I had it with virtualizor and all of its issues so I moved to solusvm and haven't looked back. as I got a deal from michael dance @Licensecart on the license I will not disclose since it was private between me & him but I have to say it is alot cheaper on the solusvm license then it was virtualizor.

Thanked by 1SolusVM
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Autosnipe Any advice ;)

• @timnboys said:
    I agree I had it with virtualizor and all of its issues so I moved to solusvm and haven't looked back.

I wouldnt say that was the reason. But we are glad you found your provider.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • NdhaNdha Member

@timnboys said:
    I agree I had it with virtualizor and all of its issues so I moved to solusvm and haven't looked back. as I got a deal from michael dance @Licensecart on the license I will not disclose since it was private between me & him but I have to say it is alot cheaper on the solusvm license then it was virtualizor.

Hello Tim, little advice..

don't ever said in public about your old provider problem,

especially both of you knew the real problem..

Cheerssss...

• dailydaily Member

@Ndha said:

Cheerssss...

What is this post even supposed to mean? Were they a former client? Are you calling them out on something?

• @CableChief
    Concept Master-slave have very nice implementation. I dont know what wrong you see there.

My two cents:
    Im about to start vps service, so i was testing virtualizor and solusvm.
    Firstly i tested solusvm.
    Than i tested virtualizor and i never looked back.
    Virtualizor have WAY more features than solusvm. How it will look after 1 year from now?

• tommytommy Member

Why dont you setup server as test bed? Try it first.

• @dailymc said:

@Ndha said:

Cheerssss...

What is this post even supposed to mean? Were they a former client? Are you calling them out on something?

No ndha is giving me PR advice that I need.
    Since I admit I am not the best PR person.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • @dodheimsgard said:
    @CableChief
    Concept Master-slave have very nice implementation. I dont know what wrong you see there.

Installing the whole control panel on a slave seems awfully inefficient to me. I also didn't like having to constantly switch between nodes when managing things, I just want a nice centralized control panel

• @CableChief
    You dont get briliant idea behind it.
    In virtualizor you have 2 settings groups:
    Master - for master and all slaves
    Slave - separate for every slave.

Because of this its possible to add some customization to every slave, and thats AMAZING.

You dont have to switch between nodes - saying this you clearly show that you dont understand this panel.

You install and configure slave one time, than you add it to master panel. Slave becomes resoruces for master, you dont need to login to slave anymore.

• Different strokes for different folks, it's not for me. SolusVM isn't perfect but from a usability standpoint, Virtualizor needs a refresh

• @dodheimsgard said: Different strokes for different folks, it's not for me. SolusVM isn't perfect but from a usability standpoint, Virtualizor needs a refresh

Have you even used Virtualizor very well to say the least??

• dodheimsgarddodheimsgard Member
    edited May 2016

@CableChief
    Firstly use Virtualizor for 1 month or more in production environment, than say it need refresh.

SolusVM dont have actual, up to date WHMCS plugin. So big company cant offer working WHMCS plugin?
    Virtualizor offer WHMCS plugin for free and thats big +,
    Every small seller who start using solusVM need $100 on solusVM plugin alone.

• @dodheimsgard said:
    @CableChief
    Firstly use Virtualizor for 1 month or more in production environment, than say it need refresh.

SolusVM dont have actual, up to date WHMCS plugin. So big company cant offer working WHMCS plugin?
    Virtualizor offer WHMCS plugin for free and thats big +,
    Every small seller who start using solusVM need $100 on solusVM plugin alone.

SolusVM has a fully working free WHMCS plugin.

• lukifer_123lukifer_123 Member
    edited May 2016

@dodheimsgard
    So Does Virtualizor.....
    My Vote for Virtualizor.
    Also their migration is undergoing a change. I saw their blog.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

@CableChief As other pointed out Virtualizor does have a centralized master panel.

I don't think you have used Virtualizor recently. It is miles ahead of solusvm.

• I tried ovirt recently, and I am running solusvm2 now :P

Thanked by 1mikho
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@shawnqztang said:
    I tried ovirt recently, and I am running solusvm2 now :P

Please let us know about the stability and features in solusvm2. How long have you tested it? Whats your knowledge about using it as a provider (since you are missing the provider tag here).

• Some people are recommending Proxmox here. No doubt that Proxmox is great, but in a case of automation they lacks, and I guess OP is looking for some sort of automation.

I've worked with virtualizor, and I can say it have its ups and downs. The first thing you don't want to do is host virtual machines on the master. (If you are going to to master/slave)

Because if the master gets overloaded, you can not access the interface and you might have to reboot if you are not much experienced with linux. So it is better not to host anything on master.

Now everything else is fine for general tasks, their networking works even with OVH nodes as well.

Their support is also good, and they do try to fix bugs in newer versions of them.

and If you buy from licensepal a single license will cost you $8.5.

However I am also confused with how they have designed their master and slave, because even the slave holds the complete installation of virtualizor, it should be something minimal to put less load on slave.

Anyways this is something they have to work on.

Backup: Their backup system is not of much use as well.

• Virtualizor support sucks thats for sure

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@sweatbar said:
    Virtualizor support sucks thats for sure

+1 to that

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

They've been very accommodating towards me :)

Don't know but @AnthonySmith seems to be satisfied too^^