Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some questions on Amazone AWS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

some questions on Amazone AWS

Hi guys, I just got a Amazone Aws,
but not so clear about their rules, and no reponse for the ticket, so hope you can help me
1. the bandwidth, how much bandwidth is it?
2.where to see the usage of my machine?

Comments

• If your talking about an EC2 instance then you pay for bandwidth per a GB used, it will show under your current billed utilization.

Check : https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/

Section : Data Transfer OUT From Amazon EC2 To Internet

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

FYI AWS is a ton more complicated then a let box. And way more costly. Watch out!

Thanked by 1GCat
  • NickmanNickman Member

@AshleyUk said:
    If your talking about an EC2 instance then you pay for bandwidth per a GB used, it will show under your current billed utilization.

@AshleyUk said:
    If your talking about an EC2 instance then you pay for bandwidth per a GB used, it will show under your current billed utilization.

Hi I mean the free ec2 instance, how much free bandwidth?

• teamaccteamacc Member

it is LITERALLY in the link @AshleyUK provided.

• Again it is on the link I provided right at the top "15 GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services"

• noamannoaman Member

Watch out!!!

Make sure you don't exceed the free user band with limit...

As last time I remember ...they still want you to have a credit card added to the system...just so to use the services....and charge the user when they want...

• mikmik Member

+1 .. had a bitcoin node on aws for a few days before pulling the plug - started to get expensive pretty quick .. ;P

• sinsin Member

@noaman said:
    Watch out!!!

Make sure you don't exceed the free user band with limit...

As last time I remember ...they still want you to have a credit card added to the system...just so to use the services....and charge the user when they want...

There's a whole panel thing devoted to billing so you can see exactly how much you're spending and what your bill will eventually be so you're not caught off guard.

• msg7086msg7086 Member

AWS, even the free instance, aims at enterprise level customers. You are expected to have budgets of at least couple thousands of dollars per month, if not more. Otherwise, using LEB paid services is going to be cheaper.

So, watch out.

• @msg7086 said:
    AWS, even the free instance, aims at enterprise level customers. You are expected to have budgets of at least couple thousands of dollars per month, if not more. Otherwise, using LEB paid services is going to be cheaper.

So, watch out.

+1

All these enterprise focused services are amazingly expensive... Azure is one of them too.

• @msg7086 said:

Exactly. You're not paying for the hardware. You're paying for the software and APIs. If you're not dealing with some serious needs (at a bare MINIMUM of many dozens of servers) then AWS is super overkill. Ideal use case is for people with thousands of servers that also have a need to spin up/down 10-30% capacity.

• DH22DH22 Member

AWS is an excellent choice if you do not use much bandwidth. If you do, then yes I would look at other options.

• Google cloud good more than amazon

• tommytommy Member

@onecloudyNET said:
    Google cloud good more than amazon

Grow up!!!!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

iwaswrongonce said: If you're not dealing with some serious needs (at a bare MINIMUM of many dozens of servers) then AWS is super overkill.

I agree in general but there are other use cases besides giant farms. For example, my ${DAY_JOB} often spins things up to try something for a couple weeks and then throws it away, etc.

Also, I've sometimes used AWS when I need a super highly available, "can assume it will never go down" kind of environment and that's much smaller than dozens of systems.

But in general, I agree - AWS is built for people who want to control tons of servers via APIs. Think Netflix, which is the star AWS use case...