Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS [64MB/5GB/1IPv4/250GB] at $1.99 a year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS [64MB/5GB/1IPv4/250GB] at $1.99 a year

ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member
edited May 2016 in General

I wanted to share an offer I got from FreeVPS, this is a brand of Sentris.net and is offering cheap VPS'es.

I'd already got one [64/2GB/1IPv4/250GB] from them on the 28th of February 2016 at $2.99 a year and one [64MB RAM/5GB DISK/1IPv4/250GB] at 28th of April 2016 at $1.99 a year in my LEB bag. I asked for rDNS options in my CP and that was fixed on both within a few hours.

The fine print with the $1.99 a year VPS is that you pay for OS reinstalls, so keep that in mind.

Order link (make sure you change the contract period to see the offered prices.)
https://www.sentris.net/billing/cart.php?gid=18

Hi xxx

This email is sent because you have/had an account with us before or currently. See bottom on how to unsubscribe.

You can now get 1GB RAM New OpenVZ plans for just $16.99/yr (Limited time offer, New Order only)
2GB RAM OpenVZ for just $26.99/yr (Limited time offer, New Order only)

We are introducing an All New SATA OpenVZ server vps in US for all of you. You can get :

Order Now
5GB of space,
10GB space for $1/yr more
20GB space for $3/yr more
200GB space for $39/yr more
15GB more space for $18 one time fee
64MB of RAM,
128MB for $2/yr $3/3-yr more (limited time)
256MB for $6/yr $7/3-yr more (limited time)
512MB for $14/yr $15/3-yr more (limited time)
1GB for $30/yr $15/yr or $30/3-yr more (limited time)
1.5GB for $46/yr $25/yr or $45/3-yr more (limited time)
2GB for $62/yr $25/yr or $60/3-yr more (limited time)
256MB more for $36 one time fee
250GB of bandwidth per month,
500GB bandwidth if you get 1GB ram (Custom bw only, contact support after setup)
750GB bandwidth if you get 2GB ram (Custom bw only, contact support after setup)
250GB more bandwidth per month for $5.99/yr
More info at http://freeserver.us/plans
If you'd like to stop receiving this kind of emails from us, please go to http://www.sentris.net/billing/unsubscribe.php?email=xxx=xxx

Thank you

Sentris Team

Comments

• sandrosandro Member
    edited May 2016

How much are OS reinstalls? How is a dedicated IP sustainable at that price?

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

Usually $10,- but on these plans they've lowered it to $2,-

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

thats some crazy cheap VPS/IP's there :o

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

dedicated IP for $2/year? I don't believe it.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

not even $2 , after paypal fees , it will be like $1.60 something

• Can someone tell me how the service is like? Other than paid OS reinstalls?

Planning to get some more VPSes after I get my card topped up, and this looks good (though somewhat deadpool-y)...

$1.99 PCCW looks better to me, there's peering between the server and my ISP, but speedtest from CDN seems to be slower than the "custom backbone" plan...

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

The two VPS'es I have at them comes with an IP within the 63.223.xxx.xxx range

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

I do have a VPS at FreeServer from a previous offer, paying 3.50/yr (64MB/2GB, free reinstall, free backup, 63.223.x.x range).

Overall I am more than happy with what I got for that tiny price tag. For me their Custom backbone performed much better than PCCW. Custom had more hops and transit, but bandwidth with PCCW was poor. But of course your mileage may vary.

My experience with support wasn't really good, had some issues with hanging reinstalls. Obviously you won't use such a VPS for any production use. But to have another "best effort" monitoring instance or tunnel endpoint, it's a great offer.

If you pay 3 years in advance, you'll even get this offer for incredibly 1.50/yr.
    Sounds like they have some spare IPv4 prefixes to burn. :)

And last but not least, useful links to Looking Glass:
    http://pccw.sentris.com/lg/
    http://sea.custom.sentris.com/lg/

• mentarimentari Member

i think xlab is the lowend vps that provide ipv4 with below usd4

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

What is xlab? Do you mean XVMLabs? They've been out of stock for ages and TOS'ed as experimental if I remember correctly.

I usually don't see any offers below $5, however I've got a LEB VPS at AlphaRacks, the 'dancer' package [96MB/5GB/1IPv4/150GB] at $3.99 a year, it was a christmas special I ordered at 20th of Februari 2016 but those are out of stock atm.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited May 2016

anybody else have trouble changing hostname... the fqdn defaults to the one sentris set me up with containerid.rentvps.com

EDIT - Nevermind... the change from the clientpanel works..

• @ARiEWWW said:
    I usually don't see any offers below $5, however I've got a LEB VPS at AlphaRacks, the 'dancer' package [96MB/5GB/1IPv4/150GB] at $3.99 a year, it was a christmas special I ordered at 20th of Februari 2016 but those are out of stock atm.

Nice! I got a New Year Special for $18/yr, it is pretty decent with [1+2GB/50GB/1IPv4/2TB] and I got it late last year, stock was still there haha.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited May 2016

just installed vestacp (default config without any mods) on this 64mb vps for kicks.. and it installed without a sweat...
    don't know if it could be used though...

load average: 0.02, 0.17, 0.08 (a couple of minutes after installing vesta)

Gonna try throwing a small wordpress site on this after a few day and see what happens...

But honestly would be using nginx without a panel and for front end only websites

http://imgur.com/BfL17pM

http://imgur.com/F8i87wr

http://imgur.com/6blmueb

EDIT - mysql doesnt have enough ram to run.. so fails to start.so no wp for now..Am going to tweak & try

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited May 2016

--- kindly delete this ---

• Now,it is rubbish and reinstall need money.
    It is just a toy.

• @xieyangwanmu said:
    Now,it is rubbish and reinstall need money.
    It is just a toy.

Why do you need to reinstall?

Well, that's what I'm really confused about when it comes to complaints regarding these VPSes from them. I would happily install Ubuntu on it and when I want to make a switch to another operating system I'll just buy a new one and leave the previous one to idle or contribute it's resources to others. It's so cheap anyway.

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

@ez2uk If the purpose is running a WordPress site, you could try the following tutorial:
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/yes-you-can-run-18-static-sites-on-a-64mb-link-1-vps/.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

just playing with it.. until I find something useful for it.. may be in a couple of weeks or sooner if I feel bored..

What I am trying here is installing vesta + wordpress on a 64mb vps and stressing out with 25 user concurrent load via loadtest to see if it still serves without breaking..

For my sites, I normally go with Ispconfig if I needed a panel or there is always buyshared for $2 a month if I needed cpanel

And Ive just tweaked the mysql... turned out to be innodb.. changed the engine to myisam and the mysql started rightaway...

• sinsin Member

ez2uk said: And Ive just tweaked the mysql... turned out to be innodb.. changed the engine to myisam and the mysql started rightaway

I'm using innodb on a low ram vps and what I did was tune the ariadb cache (which by default on mariadb-server for ubuntu 16.04 is using 128mb)

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

php files just didn't work ... so I deleted everything and am starting everything from scratch again..

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Some kind of cheap bacon into masses :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@exception0x876 said:
    dedicated IP for $2/year? I don't believe it.

Well my Virtmach is 3$ with Dedicated IP in EU bro.

• xieyangwanmuxieyangwanmu Member
    edited May 2016

@theroyalstudent said:

@xieyangwanmu said:
    Now,it is rubbish and reinstall need money.
    It is just a toy.

Why do you need to reinstall?

>

Well, that's what I'm really confused about when it comes to complaints regarding these VPSes from them. I would happily install Ubuntu on it and when I want to make a switch to another operating system I'll just buy a new one and leave the previous one to idle or contribute it's resources to others. It's so cheap anyway.

I bought it a few months ago and reinstall is free.Now internet speed limit is about 1MB/s.
    $1.99 also is money. I think we don't spend time in playing with toys

• tenperatenpera Member

I installed Webmin along with LNMP and still have 32mb of ram left.

This is a good box.

• Ordered one for shits and giggles. What's the diff between the $1.99 Seattle plans?

Are the OS re-installs billed or not, conflicting info in this thread...

@jeromeza said:
    Ordered one for shits and giggles. What's the diff between the $1.99 Seattle plans?

You mean the difference between Custom and PCCW? That's the backbone those servers are connected to. See my previous post for Looking Glasses so you can check which backbone is better for you.

Are the OS re-installs billed or not, conflicting info in this thread...

I do not see reinstall button in my control panel for those 1.99/yr VMs. Purchasing a $2 addon is required to enable it once. Other VMs which do include free re-installs can be re-installed for free.

• titustitus Member

Sounds interesting, but I not like this "non free" reinstall policy too. :/

@titus said:
    Sounds interesting, but I not like this "non free" reinstall policy too. :/

You are going to install linux on it, aren't you?
    So why ever needing to reboot or reinstall it. ;)

As long as you do not terribly mess up any system files, tools like apt-get, yum etc. will make it easy and reliable to install and deinstall software. I myself rarely have to reinstall servers.

If you don't like the reinstall policy of the latest offer, you could look into their ssd offers which come with free reinstalls.
    The price tag is comparable. To be honest, you won't care whether it costs 1 or 2 bucks more per year. Grab one burger less next time and you can easily upgrade your freeserver for a whole year. ;)

• I am too late.
    0 avaiable :)

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2016

teppeikun said: I am too late. 0 avaiable :)

Still available I guess. You are going for top 2 (with 9.99USD price) - change it to 12 (or 36) months and price will adjust to correct one.

1 Month Price - 9.99$

12 Months Price - 0.17$

Yeah, kinda hidden :-P

Thanked by 1teppeikun