Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoDaddy SPECIAL OFFER! Secure Certificate offer! Standard SSL Certificates -- Just $5.99/Year Deal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoDaddy SPECIAL OFFER! Secure Certificate offer! Standard SSL Certificates -- Just $5.99/Year Deal

HitendraHitendra Member
edited February 2013 in General

Link is godaddy.com/compare/gdcompare2_ssl.aspx?isc=cjc599s

You can use code also cjc599s

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

In the past, you've only been able to activate/issue GD-issued certs for GD-registered domains. Still the case,

• But Namecheap have them for $1.99.

• @Hitendra said: GoDaddy SPECIAL OFFER! Secure Certificate offer! Standard SSL Certificates -- Just $5.99/Year Deal

Link is godaddy.com/compare/gdcompare2_ssl.aspx?isc=cjc599s
    You can use code also cjc599s

First year only...cold...

• Yeah first year is $5.99 then next year you forget it will auto renew at $39.99!!

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2013

@murky said: But Namecheap have them for $1.99.

@murky How to get 1.99$ certificates :)

• murkymurky Member
    edited February 2013

@ftpit said: @murky How to get 1.99$ certificates :)

You get the chance to add it to your cart when ordering any product. But if you already have a product, you can just go to support and ask them, they'll let you purchase the certificate with account funds.

• @murky said: You get the chance to add it to your cart when ordering any product. But if you already have a product, you can just go to support and ask them, they'll let you purchase the certificate with account funds.

First year only offer?

• murkymurky Member
    edited February 2013
  • Hello,

Isn't this site http://www.gogetssl.com/domain-validation/ cheaper than that or is domain validation something very different?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Please.do everyone a favor and don't use GoDaddy.
    Dynadot, namecheap, etc. Are all better!

• @shovenose said: Please.do everyone a favor and don't use GoDaddy.

waaaaah people use GoDaddy

• @raindog308 said: In the past, you've only been able to activate/issue GD-issued certs for GD-registered domains. Still the case,

Jesus that is terrible.

@murky said: waaaaah people use GoDaddy

I used them to register about 20 .com domain names for $1 each.

• @Corey said: I used them to register about 20 .com domain names for $1 each.

Indeed, it is LowEndTalk here so people just go with whatever that provides the cheapest price, @shovenose if you can provider domain registration for 1USD per domain then I am sure people will flood your site with registration requests as well

• use cheapssl for ssl .you can get a positive ssl for 5 years at 25$
    https://www.cheapssls.com/

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@zhuanyi I would I could.

• @shovenose said: @zhuanyi I would I could.

Me too :)

• pechspilzpechspilz Member
    edited February 2013

gogetssl used to be $2.95. Looks like they increased their prices for the cheapest Comodo cert to $3.95. Still the cheapest way to get a domain validation cert for existing domains.

• is gogetssl legit?

• @fly said: is gogetssl legit?

Yes

• @fly Yup, got an SSL certificate the other night. Everything was sorted within 10 minutes

• I had ads in my Google Apps Mail at one point for GoDaddy SSL certs for $4.99. I bought two, one is still not activated. You can use them for any domain, not just ones @ GoDaddy. Still, NameCheap is better. I have three $1.99 PositiveSSL's hanging around. I pretty much throw one in with any purchase I make. You can even just get a single WhoisGuard subscription ($2.88) and add in the PositiveSSL, 4.87 total. Unless you're renewing, you'd have to be stupid to buy PositiveSSL at full price.

• Just picked up 5yr GoDaddy SSL cert for $29.99, so not a bad deal. Nothing prevents you from cancelling the old one and buying a brand new cert once the expiration date is getting close, nobody forces you to renew it. Been using these for years and years.

• I just got an SSL from Namecheap. But I purchased a domain several weeks ago. I just contacted supported and they let me buy a positive ssl for $1.99 from account funds.

• don`t go with godaddy folks.. please

• @Makkesk8 said: don`t go with godaddy folks.. please

GoDaddy is fantastic. I just bought a VPS from them.