Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hetzner BX20 FTW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner BX20 FTW

thagoatthagoat Member
edited May 2016 in General

Ordered a 500gb Hetzner storage box BX20 for 4.90 EUR and mounted via webdav in my Kimsufi. I'm using NodeJS torrent to fill it (inbound traffic is free), and streaming content to Kodi with webdav mounted. Hetzner allows 10 concurrent connections and I'm using 3. 1 from my Kimsufi, and 2 Kodi installs at home. Great way to stream my movies through Kodi while only using outbound bandwidth, and give my Kimsufi KS-1 twice the storage!

Thanked by 1hostingwizard_net

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@thagoat said:
    Ordered a 500gb Hetzner storage box BX20 for 4.90 EUR and mounted via webdav in my Kimsufi. I'm using NodeJS torrent to fill it (inbound traffic is free), and streaming content to Kodi with webdav mounted. Hetzner allows 10 concurrent connections and I'm using 3. 1 from my Kimsufi, and 2 Kodi installs at home. Great way to stream my movies through Kodi while only using outbound bandwidth, and give my Kimsufi KS-1 twice the storage!

Nice, I've been wondering how well it can cope with media based streaming.