Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone using VPSSIM ( a Bash script auto setup Nginx, PHP-FPM, MariaDB and Manage VPS) here? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone using VPSSIM ( a Bash script auto setup Nginx, PHP-FPM, MariaDB and Manage VPS) here?

Comments

• @caaol said:
    When I upgrade Mysql to MariaDB 10, the system status mysql is Stopped. Datebase manage Sorry: MariaDB, stopped. Start it before use this function mysql!

This bug exist if you use VPSSIM with Cent OS 7

• I am also facing problem while upgrading Nginx from 1.10.0 to 1.10.1. It download successfully but after that installation/upgrade never start i tried it multiple time but same result.

• WHTWHT Member

Sorry to bump the thread.

First of all thank you for the great work.

Is the issue fixed with mariadb & nginx on centos7?

If someone can tell me how to install an email like [email protected] on vpssim will be great. I mean, when someone send a contact letter on wordpress, I get the email and he gets an email.

Thanks.

• Testing new version 3.4.1 now and so far both nginx and mariadb are working fine on CentOS 7. Good work @teppeikun keep it up

• @teppeikun just try vpssim last week, and its seem lightweight too. maybe will try on production vm next weeks.

can you make archiving in tar.gz extension and quietly when archiving, i mean its annoying when make backup, what if i have 5gb of a lot small files like images etc.

and for database backup, can you make it .sql and just gzip it. it'll be good. :)

just my opinion and suggestion. :)

• Although @teppeikun is regularly updating VPSSIM and fixing the issue but it looks like he is no more active on LET?

• i just hope vpssim can add feature choose nginx or apache or combine

• any option to downgrade?
    I think the older one is better.

• witul4rwitul4r Member
    edited September 2016

Vpssim made vps unmanaged be simple and easy to use, i think vpssim can added some feature about webserver like nginx proxy so the website can read httaccess.
    but afterall i think vpssim is the best simple and light more than any other free panel :)
    thanks for @teppeikun for develop this

myopinion

Thanked by 1Four20
  • Would love to see nginx as proxy. Just noticed they released an update today which says "Auto Setup for Let’s Encrypt"

Awesome feature will test it later today to find out more!

The second best thing (first is being simple) about VPSSIM is the regular updates!

• Just noticed 1730 installs of VPSSIM from the 16th of last month that is a massive achievement congrats @teppeikun VPSSIM is getting popular.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • @teppeikun said:
    I have update VPSSIM to version 3.2.0 with new function VPS Backup Manage
    Hope you like.

can you add backup all of file in /home directory to upload with ftp?
    and database backup also if possible.
    i have ftp but its no have any root password, so if used vps sync, its not possible.
    thank you

• I hope nginx reverse proxy with release soon

• Is VPSSIM PCI compliance server.?

• No more updates?

• WebGuru said: No more updates?

you can check https://vpssim.com/

last version is 9/27/2016: Update Version 3.8.1

https://vpssim.com/news#.WEsa4_ArLs0

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • I have too many bugs with VPSSIM.

I can not use backupbuddy, with VPSSIM.

I tried on a lot of VPS.

It is not regular for updates. It took a long time, to put php 7.0.x

• you are crying a lot this weekend.

Just dont use it or contact developer and ask about that.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @teppeikun

Updates?

• @teppeikun is gone missing i guess...

• is it safe to use this method ?

• Facing this weird issue with one of my domain while trying to enable Let’s Encrypt it's give this message "You must point www.xxx.com to 19x.xx.x.1xx before run this function."

I already removed Cloudflare protection on that domain but i still get this message every time it try to enable Let’s Encrypt on that domain. Never faced this issue with other domains even when using cloudflare dns and they are working smoothly after enabling Let’s Encrypt.

Any suggestion?

• @teppeikun any update? or this project is dead?

• sonicsonic Veteran

@WebGuru said:
    @teppeikun any update? or this project is dead?

Maybe it dead. You should try Centminmod as it's far better.

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • Project is still active and developer is coming up with regular updates again from last 2 months!

25000 total Installs and 1000+ installs in just one week of this month.

• Bullshit. I Will no use it anymore.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

A much more commonly used tool is made by @eva2000's CentMinMod. I don't use either tool, but this one seems to come around being suggested as "abandoned" a few times a year.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Yea, just stick with cmm and you play safe

• look at nice!

• That whole bash script thingy (btw, pardon me, but I know not a single professional using bash) reminds me of something: It's about time for systemd to borg php. What could be better for linux, php, and systemd than to be finally fused at the asses (which also happen to serve as heads anyway)?

systemd with php!!!