Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New oneprovider offers in NL, starting 15euro and up
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New oneprovider offers in NL, starting 15euro and up

mosan7763mosan7763 Member
edited May 2016 in General

just got an email from oneprovider that they have new servers.

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/amsterdam-netherlands

edit1: server seem identical to online.net's

Comments

• rdesrdes Member

Just got e-mail from them. Offer looks very good and this servers are also available in Paris: http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france :).

• my guess is that they just tunnel the traffic from online.net's DC to a location in NL.

• SetsuraSetsura Member

Anyone know what DC they use in NL? I kinda want the 25EUR SSD one.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Even though they've randomly ditched locations & customers multiple times, people are still wanting to do business with them? o_O

Should probably ask @jbiloh how things went with them.

Francisco

Thanked by 2cassa GCat
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Francisco said: Even though they've randomly ditched locations & customers multiple times, people are still wanting to do business with them? o_O

1 gbps unmetered for 15€... yeah, for some uses I'd take the risk.

Wouldn't put anything production worthy, of course.

• SetsuraSetsura Member

@Francisco said:
    Even though they've randomly ditched locations & customers multiple times, people are still wanting to do business with them? o_O

Francisco

Same reason people are willing to still give money to volumedrive and delimiter really. Cheap speaks.

As for me my reasoning is the same as @Nyr, I'm willing to give them a go for this price, nothing important would go on it obviously.

Thanked by 1boernd
  • rdesrdes Member
    edited May 2016

@Nyr it's clearly stated that this is shared port.

@Francisco really? What's wrong with them? I got multiple servers from Oneprovider (mostly in France) and except of one problem with their abuse (which was resolved satisfactorily) I don't have any serious remarks..

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited May 2016

Think one> @rdes said:

@Nyr it's clearly stated that this is shared port.

@Francisco really? What's wrong with them? I got multiple servers from Oneprovider (mostly in France) and except of one problem with their abuse (which was resolved satisfactorily) I don't have any serious remarks..

think one provider ditched colocrossing. Unpaid bills. Etc

Holly shit, it's Online.net!!

Hello sir,

A new datacenter has been setup in Amsterdam, these servers are in partnership with Online.net. The servers are not serviced by a single ISP, but feel free to test an IP to confirm how it routes from your location:

Regards,

Sebastien L.
    OneProvider / Support Department
    My location: North America

Thanked by 2rm_ vimalware

@rdes said:
    What's wrong with them?

Pulling out of a datacenter with unpaid bills and giving customers servers in another location is not bad enough?

• rdesrdes Member
    edited May 2016

Pulling out of a datacenter with unpaid bills and giving customers servers in another location is not bad enough?

@Nyr anyone wrote explicitly that they didn't paid their bills?
    They offer 100+ locations/datacenters, and AFAIK only one known problem with their "relationships" was with CC.
    Maybe they was just not satisfied with network quality, or got blacklisted ips? ;).

• teamaccteamacc Member

@Nyr said:

Hello sir,

A new datacenter has been setup in Amsterdam, these servers are in partnership with Online.net. The servers are not serviced by a single ISP, but feel free to test an IP to confirm how it routes from your location:

Regards,

Sebastien L.

Test ip is definitely in NL, ping 4ms from inside NL

@rdes said:

Believe whatever you want, I don't care.

• rdesrdes Member

@Nyr great, but maybe you could not write things which seem to have no confirmation..

• boerndboernd Member
    edited May 2016

1ms from Digitalocean NL to the test IP, via amsix.

But I guess if you test from a ISP without amsix peering, it is tunnel over france.

• SetsuraSetsura Member

@Nyr said:

Hello sir,

Regards,

Sebastien L.

This is quite interesting, I wonder what is going on here. Does online maybe have plans for expansion and this is an early sign? Or maybe just a one off thing for oneprovider.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Setsura said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Same reason people are willing to still give money to volumedrive and delimiter really. Cheap speaks.

As for me my reasoning is the same as @Nyr, I'm willing to give them a go for this price, nothing important would go on it obviously.

Delimiter has been great for us. The experience has also been excellent.

• Maybe they have just racked some of their older hardware in the same racks akong with their new AMS network POP equipment.

Which would make sense why AMSIX is local, and anything else be back hauled via their French network.

However I may be wrong!

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited May 2016

@MrGeneral said:

@Setsura said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I'm sure plenty of people can say the same for oneprovider or volumedrive, my intention wasn't to pick on any of those providers, just to provide examples of other companies with questionable histories that people still throw money at. As I said, cheap speaks.

@AshleyUk said:
    Maybe they have just racked some of their older hardware in the same racks akong with their new AMS network POP equipment.

Which would make sense why AMSIX is local, and anything else be back hauled via their French network.

However I may be wrong!

These seem to be their newer custom designed hardware they used at scaleway, so the deployment of them should be recent-ish, which is what makes me think maybe there are expansion plans.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Setsura said:

@MrGeneral said:

@Setsura said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I'm sure plenty of people can say the same for oneprovider or volumedrive, my intention wasn't to pick on any of those providers, just to provide examples of other companies with questionable histories that people still throw money at. As I said, cheap speaks.

@AshleyUk said:
    Maybe they have just racked some of their older hardware in the same racks akong with their new AMS network POP equipment.

However I may be wrong!

These seem to be their newer custom designed hardware they used at scaleway, so the deployment of them should be recent-ish, which is what makes me think maybe there are expansion plans.

Sorry, read it wrong. Understood! :)

• zrunnerzrunner Member
    edited May 2016

Checking the route to that IP @Nyr provided over a Telia (TeliaSonera) connection shows its handed over from telia to online.net at their usual location in paris and the next hop
    is:

bb1-dc3-bb1.ams1.poneytelecom.eu
    which is the only hop that differs vs a "normal" route to a ip within online.net my bet is the same as @AshleyUk,

they have some stuff racked in amsterdam and unless peering at local DC in amsterdam it backhauls to paris.

zrunner said: they have some stuff racked in amsterdam and unless peering at local DC in amsterdam it backhauls to paris.

Looks like so, bummer. But I guess/hope this could be some kind of trial for further expansion.

rdes said: great, but maybe you could not write things which seem to have no confirmation..

Do you even know what information I have?

The... CEO? of ColoCrossing said in public something about the lines of "services don't stay up when bills don't get paid" about OneProvider suddenly pulling out of CC. If this isn't enough "confirmation" for you, good luck in your endeavors with them.

• rdesrdes Member
    edited May 2016

The... CEO? of ColoCrossing said in public something about the lines of "services don't stay up when bills don't get paid"

@Nyr
    Again, where he said that? I can only find someting like "Proceed with caution" in @jbiloh posts which can mean everything. The rest is your guesswork. If you have any legit confirmation what Oneprovider done to CC - share it.

It's also kinda funny that info info about "strategic alliance" beetwen OneProvider and Collocrosing is still on their site: https://www.colocrossing.com/company/pressreleases/colocrossing-oneprovider-2015/

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

ColoCrossing, including me personally, spent a lot of time working with the company in question. We definitely bent over backwards for them. Was disappointing to see it not work out.

I stand by what I said before regarding proceed with extreme caution.

Thanked by 3rdes Francisco Nyr
    edited May 2016

rdes said: Again, where he said that? I can only find someting like "Proceed with caution" in @jbiloh posts which can mean everything. The rest is your guesswork.

Has anyone told you recently that you are annoying? Anyway, I did the search for you:

Next time you accuse me of my statements being "guesswork", please use the search function first.

• rdesrdes Member

@Nyr I'm talking about servers, you are giving me some post about Oneprovider ads on LET... It seems that we can do it all night, but I would rather go play my xbox..

• LeeLee Veteran

rdes said: some post about Oneprovider ads on LET

Probably best you stick to the xbox.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • SetsuraSetsura Member

Looks like I was vaguely right, online themselves are offering the AMS location:

• rdesrdes Member

@Lee All I just wanted to know is that if there's any real reason for avoiding Oneprovider (as I'm paying them 200 euros+ per month). But all I can get is conjectures... EOT.

• NihimNihim Member

they are using the Evoswitch DC, which is owned by leaseweb....

that's weeeird :p

scaleway will also be available there at some point & arnaud said they will offer more locations.