Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sublime Text Toggle Comment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sublime Text Toggle Comment

YmpkerYmpker Member

Heya,
So I wanna use Sublimes "Toggle Comment" shortcut but Ctrl+/ doesnt work for me (I use a EU keyboard).
Does anyone know what the equivalent with the EU keyboard would be?
The "/" at american keyboard is where on german keyboard "-" is at, however ctrl+- doesnt do the trick either..

@MrGeneral Perhaps your using Sublime?

Comments

• You can toggle comment by going to edit > comment > toggle comment if ctrl + / doesnt work

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2016

@PremiumN said:
    You can toggle comment by going to edit > comment > toggle comment if ctrl + / doesnt work

Yeah I know that already. But if I do that I may aswell type myself..
    Would love to have a key binding to it..

• You can do custom keybindings.

http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/key-bindings

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2016

@sdglhm said:
    You can do custom keybindings.

http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/key-bindings

Thanks a ton mate! Will try this :) I really should buy a license at some point xD
    Perhaps after I have purchased 10 more LET vps haha

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited May 2016

on a german keyboard one can use strg + # for that.

PS: strg+shift+# gives you 'toggle block comment' accordingly

(strg is the german equivalent to ctrl ;-))

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:
    I really should buy a license at some point xD

Who buys ST? I'm gonna expect like < 10% of the developer crowd to have paid for it haha

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2016

@theroyalstudent said:

@Ympker said:

Who buys ST? I'm gonna expect like < 10% of the developer crowd to have paid for it haha

Well..you have a point there :D

Anyway I just went to Preferences --> User Keybindings and added

{ "keys": ["ctrl+1"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": false } }, { "keys": ["ctrl+shift+1"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": true } },

It works now :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

@theroyalstudent said:

@Ympker said:

I sincerely hope that the LET mentality is not that widespread among developers...

• edited May 2016

@Amitz said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@Ympker said:

I sincerely hope that the LET mentality is not that widespread among developers...

You can find the license key online. Also, the ST guys are having quite a failed attempt on trying to prevent people from cracking their software (esp on Mac). :/

But I'll definitely buy it if I ever earn like $1k doing development (earning nowhere close to that), it's awesome software that I love :p

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2016

I fail to see why available serials on the net or developers not massively securing their product from piracy are good reasons not to honour their efforts and to buy a license anyway. But I, of course, get your point. Not that I didn't use pirated software back then. It's just that I tend to buy the software that I really use & love, now that I have the money for it.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@theroyalstudent said:

Maybe people who respect other people's work and want to support their effort to make it even better?

I bought the license, not because I couldn't find a way to crack it (I don't think they are even trying to prevent that), but because I can afford it and they deserve to be paid.

Thanked by 3jar Ympker Amitz
  • Same here. Bought a ST3 license. Still using trial version on my laptop though :\

I really like their application but only if it was bit affordable, I think many will purchase license just to support them. Or donation works too.

• I also bought it. Was using a cracked version before, and thought that I should buy it since it's a nice editor.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I paid for it... Its a tool that earns me money, just like my truck...

• Cant afford it, so just got used to the nag screen. It's not that annoying.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@shovenose said:

One day I'm going to see what percentage of your posts you mention your truck in :P

I've paid for a licence too. Claiming it on tax as it's used for work.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@trewq said:

@shovenose said:

One day I'm going to see what percentage of your posts you mention your truck in :P

I've paid for a licence too. Claiming it on tax as it's used for work.

Lol.