Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid Exigent at all costs (AU) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid Exigent at all costs (AU)

2»

Comments

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

I can only speak for my experiences, but alot of whats in that thread seems very subjective. While some of it reaks of poor handling, I am sure there are many happy customers.

I know 2 happy customers, I consulted them before purchasing two servers there on behalf of some clients. They are a budget provider considering other Australian offerings, and as such some rough edges are usual. Although I can only speak of the dedicated offerings.

I have already posted my opinion on whose fault I think the blame lies with for using snail mail for a cancellation request. If you sent me a cancellation request in that manner, I probably wouldnt be able to handle it any way (what evidence could you provive that the account, service etc are yours?)

No reasonable debt collection agency will take a debt without a signed contract, didn't sign one? Dont worry about that aspect. If they come for the funds, just explain yourself and ask to receive a mailed copy of the contract. When it doesn't arrive, get it expunged.

• I can echo the fact that they are indeed a budget provider but found them overall very professional. I used them as a stepping stone into the Australian market which allowed me to build up a nice client base before renting a dedicated server that would otherwise cost me 2-3x less in the US. One thing I have learnt though is that Australians are accustomed to paying a bit more so weighs out in most cases.

Had it not been for an issue with my Xen VDS that perplexed everyone (random networking loss that required reboot every single time), I most likely would of stayed with them for several months longer.

• Kris, If you're referring to me "3_14fingers" as being "So you're either Wooler, or one of the few outliers to the shady operation" then you are wrong.

I am a genuine Exigent customer. I have nothing to with their business other than being a satisfied customer.

• I just got scammed out of $75 by Exigent. It was that CEO/Cheif scammer John Woller. I cancelled my 2 VPS, then out of the blue I get a $110 invoice because I didn't cancel the VPS. Avoid exigent at all costs. They/him (John Woller) are absolute scammers.

This discussion has been closed.