Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

KVM Node Resource Monitoring Tool
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM Node Resource Monitoring Tool

RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Hi

Lets say there is a server and KVM is installed in it . (No GUI/ Web)

The Server will be used as VPS Node .

Its possible to monitor the servers Ram/CPU/Disk/IO via CLI .

But if I want to monitor the CPU/RAM/Disk/IO usages , which tool can I be use ? (which have GUI/Web interference)

So I can track the Nodes usages and also can track down if some one is abusing .

Some thing like NodeWatch , which we use for OpenVZ .

I came across few :

1) Observium

2) Icinga

3) OpenNMS

4) Ninja (Nagios)

ThankYou
RIYAD

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
  • RizRiz Member
    edited May 2016

Take a look at Nagios Core (open source) and Nagios XI (enterprise, paid, but a 'free' license for up to 7 hosts).

Regardless if you choose Nagios / Icinga / Ninja / OMD / every other fork of Nagios, you'll probably still end up using NRPE to get internal metrics. The advantage as well, is that there are plugins available all over online to use in conjunction with NRPE. The other alternative, is to use a check_by_ssh which pairs with SSH keys to allow you to execute any line of code needed.

This guide (at a quick glance) looks to explain a walk through on getting NRPE setup on the client machine.
    http://www.tecmint.com/how-to-add-linux-host-to-nagios-monitoring-server/

Thanked by 1RIYAD