Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wordpress multi-server question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wordpress multi-server question

zezezeze Member

Hi LET,

I built a wordpress site following various tutorials from DO, LET and other sources.
It has 3 webservers, running Apache with HHVM and its www folder is a shared NFS mount accross the 3 servers.

For the database, 2 of them are running MariaDB with Replication enabled.
For the backup, I have installed CDP along with my provider's backup service.

On top of them all is a Load Balancer solution from my provider.

I have the following questions:

1. Am I doing things right? Did I miss something?
  2. For monitoring, I'm just using Pingdom http alerts. I'd like to see more data but newrelic is expensive and I'm still in the process of learning how Munin works. Can you recommend other solutions if any?

Note: This will not be a production site. I'm doing this for learning new things.

Thank you!

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited May 2016

Welcome to LowEndSupport.

HHVM + Nginx would work better as opposed to apache. Nodes with SSDs work better for DB.

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to run a tech crunch sized blog on this setup?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

Almighty Kim, your work is greatest, we find no fault! Your monitoring idea sounds superb and will surely anger the west for their wordpress is much inferior.

• BradNDBradND Member

I would swap NFS for gluster so you get better collision management on files being accessed and written to by multiple nodes

• leaderkim said: For monitoring, I'm just using Pingdom http alerts. I'd like to see more data but newrelic is expensive and I'm still in the process of learning how Munin works. Can you recommend other solutions if any?

LibreNMS