Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need More Beta Testers: LowEndMail! (Test for free)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need More Beta Testers: LowEndMail! (Test for free)

Hello Everyone,

Since the BYO server builder was such a hit, I'm back again looking for more beta testers! This time it's for an awesome new low-end email service.

Presenting: Onra Mail

Onra Mail is a redundant (with plans to be geographically redundant) hosted mail service. Once a client signs up, they get access to the Onra Mail admin area (which is a heavily modified Postfixadmin). They can add\edit\delete accounts and forwarders.

The way the billing works is what makes us unique. You pay for "provisionable space", meaning the maximum amount of space you can dedicate to email accounts.

For example, on a 1GB account, you can create 1 x 1GB account, OR 2 x 512MB account, or 4 x 256MB accounts, and so on. There is no limit to the number of accounts you can create. (Want 1024 x 1MB accounts? Be my guest)

Some cool features:

• Multiple mailbox\web nodes (powers Postfix, Dovecot, Admin area and Webmail)
  • All nodes are synchronized in realtime using Galera for the databases, and Unison(to be changed before going to production) for the files.
  • Nodes are load balanced using HAProxy
  • Xeams in use for incoming and outgoing spam filtering
  • Roundcube is used for webmail, and is extended with Calendar extension
  • Onra Mail Admin area is heavily customized, includes MX\SPF\DKIM checker
  • DKIM enabled by default

The service needs a lot of fine tuning before going into production- that's where you come in. If you have a spare domain you don't mind updating MX for, give our service a go, and see if you can break it!

To sign up, click here: https://client.onrahost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=156 (limited to max 5GB for the beta)

I'll be accepting the first 15 orders before closing out the signups. After you sign up, your invoice will be waived and billing will be removed from the service. We'll do a quick fraud check, and deploy your service. You will be able to keep your service for free until July 31st, 2016.

I hope to get some good feedback!

Thanked by 1pbgben

Comments

• GCatGCat Member

What makes you better than setting up a system like mailinabox?

Thanked by 1Davidx
  • DavidxDavidx Member

What makes you better than MXRoute or Google Apps? MXRoute has already been in the business for awhile now, already has some fine tuning, and still has pretty good pricing.

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited May 2016

Will the source for the modified panel be released? postfixadmin is under GPL v2 license:

If you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • @Davidx

What is wrong with some healthy competition?

At the end, it benefits the consumer.

Thanked by 2elgs linuxthefish
  • tommytommy Member

@Davidx said:
    What makes you better than MXRoute or Google Apps? MXRoute has already been in the business for awhile now, already has some fine tuning, and still has pretty good pricing.

Let me ask you, why mxroute if we have google apps? Why and why

@onra for mail service I expected a bit longer let say 3 month to 6 month.

And you need more that 15 as beta tester.

• NickMNickM Member

bohdans said: Will the source for the modified panel be released? postfixadmin is under GPL v2 license:

GPLv2 does not require you to release the source code for web apps to the end users. The "user" is technically the person installing the software.

Thanked by 3bohdans GCat Stiny
  • bohdansbohdans Member

Thanks for clearing that up NickM

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2016

@bohdans said:
    Thanks for clearing that up NickM

There's a reason the "thanks" button exists.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2016

@tommy said:
    Let me ask you, why mxroute if we have google apps?

Why make a car if another company already makes one? There's plenty of room for people in this game. The word "alternative" appears in many common Google searches because not everyone finds that one product meets everyone's needs.

• edited May 2016

@jarland said:

@tommy said:
    Let me ask you, why mxroute if we have google apps?

Why make a car if another company already makes one? There's plenty of room for people in this game. The word "alternative" appears in many common Google searches because not everyone finds that one product meets everyone's needs.

@Jarland I can only assume you didn't read the whole thread.
    What you state is the exact point @tommy was trying to make.

Thanked by 2jar tommy
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@globalRegisters said:
    @Jarland I can only assume you didn't read the whole thread.
    What you state is the exact point @tommy was trying to make.

Considering that the post I quoted had the relevant data I assume it was more of a lack of understanding than reading.

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited May 2016

Why it'keep saying

!= ""}
    Your password must contain at least 3 character(s).

Create new email, change password, etc.

• dailydaily Member

@Fritz said:
    Why it'keep saying

!= ""}
    Your password must contain at least 3 character(s).

Create new email, change password, etc.

Unrelated, but if three is the minimum character length, that needs to be changed.

• thagoatthagoat Member

Couple things.

1. Google domains blocks all subsequent mx records as duplicate, so getting error in CP for only 1 mx record.

2. DKIM is blank in CP so I can't paste the TXT file.

3. I can send mail just fine, but cannot receive mail (either directly or by reply to message)

Everything else seems to be working (calendar, notes, contacts). That's all I can say for the moment.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Good luck! I have no current need for hosted mail, but I have a quick question that would influence whether I decided to go with you in the future - How is email stored on your servers?

• UnixfyUnixfy Member

Ordered a couple hours ago, waiting for activation :)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Why need innovate a bike, also pay per GB storage? There a lot of alternatives, buy any shared hosting and create mail.

• @fitvpn said:
    Why need innovate a bike, also pay per GB storage? There a lot of alternatives, buy any shared hosting and create mail.

jarland said: The word "alternative" appears in many common Google searches because not everyone finds that one product meets everyone's needs.

• fitvpn said: buy any shared hosting and create mail.

The amount of people who think it's that simple is sad.

That being said cPanel is very powerful for email if you set outgoing authentication such as DKIM and SPF, and if you don't have dirty neighbors.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

fitvpn said: Why need innovate a bike, also pay per GB storage? There a lot of alternatives, buy any shared hosting and create mail.

Top contributing.

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited May 2016

At least can pick up very unique location and not need stuck with one provider, got something wrong, simply change DNS :)

• edited May 2016

@fitvpn said:
    At least can pick up very unique location and not need stuck with one provider, got something wrong, simply change DNS :)

What fuckshit are you even saying?????

wait, are you drunk?

• @linuxthefish said:

fitvpn said: buy any shared hosting and create mail.

The amount of people who think it's that simple is sad.

That being said cPanel is very powerful for email if you set outgoing authentication such as DKIM and SPF, and if you don't have dirty neighbors.

cPanel + Mail Channel

Hostinglah doing this.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited May 2016

theroyalstudent said: wait, are you drunk?

Yep, drunk, idiot, beast, troll, thepoorstudent, everything else?

You kid, need learn some things you never know.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

fitvpn said: Yep, drunk, idiot, beast, troll, thepoorstudent, everything else?

Twat?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Nekki said: Twat?

Twitt it :)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR
    edited May 2016

fitvpn said: Yep, drunk, idiot, beast, troll, thepoorstudent, everything else?

>

You cant really be the one making insults here. @theroyalstudent can code full websites etc at the age of 15.... could you have done that at that age?

Anyway, sorry @OnraHost_Zack for derailing here.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

fitvpn said: Twitt it :)

wat

Thanked by 1yomero
  • PwnerPwner Member

@fitvpn said:

You know, usually when people return from being banned for an extended period of time, they at least try to change who they are so people will like them and enjoy their presence a bit more.

• edited May 2016

@Pwner said:

@fitvpn said:

You know, usually when people return from being banned for an extended period of time, they at least try to change who they are so people will like them and enjoy their presence a bit more.

Was he banned? Seems like a long term member who just came back to the forum recently though.