Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much would you pay for this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much would you pay for this?

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in General

Let's ignore the fact that this is LowEndTalk and pretend you were looking to spend more than $7/month :) Xen Virtualization, Hivelocity Datacenter, 4x Intel 520 Series SSD in Hardware RAID 10 with BBU, 99.99% Uptime Guaranteed SLA, 24/7 Fully Managed Support. Includes cPanel/WHM license.

1GB RAM
1 Core CPU
20GB Storage
1TB Transfer

and...

8GB RAM
4 Cores CPU
160GB Storage
4TB Transfer

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2013

@shovenose said: 1GB RAM 1 Core CPU 20GB Storage 1TB Transfer

Depending on provider, something in between 25-40 (With cpanel license).

@shovenose said: 8GB RAM 4 Cores CPU 160GB Storage 4TB Transfer

Null. Big vm's have bigger issue and if I need 8gb ram for a server, I will always pick dedicated server.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@NHNahian thanks for the feedback. What about these:

2GB RAM
    2 Cores CPU
    40GB Storage
    2TB Transfer

and

4GB RAM
    2 Core CPU
    80GB Storage
    3TB Transfer

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@NHNahian said: @shovenose said: 8GB RAM 4 Cores CPU 160GB Storage 4TB Transfer

Null. Big vm's has bigger issue and if I need 8gb ram for a server, I will always pick dedicated server.

Agreed, make it 4gb RAM, that would be more reasonable

Well, we have this plan too:

Need More Resources? Better Five includes 16GB RAM, 4 Cores, 320GB storage and 5TB transfer, for $800/month.

• @shovenose said: 2GB RAM 2 Cores CPU 40GB Storage 2TB Transfer

Nothing more than 50$. Hivelocities network is not that special :S

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Oh you did lol

@shovenose said: 2GB RAM

2 Cores CPU
    40GB Storage
    2TB Transfer
    and

~$40

4GB RAM

2 Core CPU
    80GB Storage
    3TB Transfer

~$100

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2013

@shovenose said: Need More Resources? Better Five includes 16GB RAM, 4 Cores, 320GB storage and 5TB transfer, for $800/month.

800$/mo for a managed vps? What makes it better than black lotus where you can get a ddos protected full managed xeon e3 box with 16GB ram and Raid 1 storage for 900$?

Or LiquidWeb where it is full managed and better network with ddos protection and some of the best support techs.

edited February 2013

@NHNahian well, each server will have DDoS protection in place. I think you forgot this is running 4x SSD in Hardware RAID with BBU. :) And it will be on Gigabit networking. Xeon E3-1270v2. So it is truly good. But thanks for the input anyway, we will keep it in mind.

• @shovenose That BBU means nothing to me and when you say ddos protected, I am more than sure that it is nothing closer to black lotus. I am also on a vps where my service can get affected because of a lousy neighbor.

edited February 2013

@NHNahian. I forgot to mention that we're basically gonna have sales/promos all the time. But still, I truly do appreciate the feedback and we'll see about slashing pricing across the board. Even though I think it's a good price for what you will be getting. and who said that LiquidWeb has better support ;) when this launches in May we're going to blow all the other managed server providers out of the water!

• @shovenose said: 8GB RAM

4 Cores CPU
    160GB Storage
    4TB Transfer

$1

edited February 2013

@curtisg sure, I can give you the first month for $1 with a 12-month commitment.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2013

Are you going to be one of the administrator, Michael?

edited February 2013

@NHNahian nope, very likely not.

• Will you have certified L3 techs?

@NHNahian we will have only the best.

• @shovenose said: sure, I can give you the first month for $1 with a 12-month commitment.

lmfao, sure, as long as every other month besides first I pay $7, then I'd sign a 3 year agreement, pay for 3 years in advance.

@curtisg if you want to pay right now, I will give you Better Five which is regularly $800/mo for the discounted price of $799/month if you want to pay all 36 months right now. Order link http://my.bettervps.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=5

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@shovenose said: Let's ignore the fact that this is LowEndTalk

I cannot overlook this fact. Sorry. I would be willing to pay $7/month.

• Hugely depends on location and provider. I'd pay much more for something at 111 8th Avenue than for something in Florida. Probably would pay $20-25.

• @tech163 said: I'd pay much more for something at 111 8th Avenue

We have this location.

@OP Around $25 is reasonable.

• @Shovenose man I was going to take you up on the irresistible but your whole site has gone awol.

• @Jamlayer fine here

• $2.50

$7

Yeah I'm moving the site around. :)

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2013

Nothing special about Hivelocity's network or service. In fact, not a good place for VPS businesses to grow with. They are unfriendly with VPS hosts and if you get a spam complaint/SBL blacklisting from an abusive VPS customer they will charge you a $500 fee or kick you out. Then if you refuse to pay the $500 fee, they will kick you out and charge you $150 per drive to ship the hard drives to you to get your data. I know this because my previous employer has witnessed this for himself a couple years ago, and there are also plenty of horror stories about this on WHT. If you are trying to go for a "premium" approach and want to charge hundreds per month per VPS then use Softlayer.

• @shovenose said: 1GB RAM

1 Core CPU
    20GB Storage
    1TB Transfer

4 $ ?

• @Ishaq said: We have this location.

Link?

• You need to create a ticket asking for a NY VPS. We don't have it in client area as it's a popular location.